• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so do the relic of stratos, relic of pyros, etc. still spawn in khaldun chests

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or not? - I've lockpicked thousands of chests and not found one since the publish went fully live

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i spend about a hour every morning going through chests and if i have time at the end of my day i do another hour before i got to bed.
have since it went live.
have not seen one.
no idea how many chests.
lots.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw one before the publish went live... that's the only one I've ever seen. Like you I have unlocked 100's of chests. Mostly anymore all I get is bandages, lockpicks, and potions.... only one of which I find remotely useful.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
someone who has an account on the 'official' forum should go tell the Dev's.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Guildie got one on her 6th chest ever. And that was just a few days ago, she didnt even know about the quest or have a necklace until after it was live.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have received all of the relics but took a while for the last one.
HINT: get off your mount and do some walking you will find more chests. The more chests you do the better your chances. I stealth around the whole dungeon and will find 20-25 chests per trip around.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had ONE relic of Pyros since it went live. About the second day. Just think they are super rare or so it seems, not had one since and done chests for at least 2-3 hrs a day.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
HINT: get off your mount and do some walking you will find more chests. The more chests you do the better your chances. I stealth around the whole dungeon and will find 20-25 chests per trip around.
That's the only way I do it is stealth around walking and I haven't seen a ONE since the start... I got that one before it went live and haven't seen anything since... and most times I'm on there is no one else in the dungeons ... and I've done both tram and fel.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
walking has nothing to do with finding chests.
if your GM detect hidden you sweep a 6-10 tile area passively, the halls in Khaldun are only like 6 tiles wide, so you can run down the middle of them in Llama form full tilt and you'll see every chest that is hidden.
detect does not take into account speed.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if your GM detect hidden you sweep a 6-10 tile area passively, the halls in Khaldun are only like 6 tiles wide, so you can run down the middle of them in Llama form full tilt and you'll see every chest that is hidden.
It does however take into account style, you are wearing your purple, long feathered hat aren't you??

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So to do the boxes the skills you need are:
Hiding, Stealth, Lockpick to GM, and Detect hidden?
What is the lowest DH that may work? GM would be ideal, but by then the event is over right?
Ty for info..

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive heard success around 85.

Took me aboit 36 hours to gm from 50.
Get a 30 tinker trapped box, and detect on it till easy. Lock it down, and move a step away again. Keep going to gm

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry Poo, but you're dead wrong. There is definitely a speed penalty. I've seen it in action. You might see some of the chests, but you miss some, when running.

I've watched other searchers doing the "run through method" (mounted or in ninja form), and I'll be there, hidden myself, searching for a chest that I detected the general location of, walking - and they see neither me nor the chest as they RUN THROUGH me and the spot where the chest turns out to be located. The only time I've had chests bogarted by other searchers is from other walkers.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So to do the boxes the skills you need are:
Hiding, Stealth, Lockpick to GM, and Detect hidden?
What is the lowest DH that may work? GM would be ideal, but by then the event is over right?
Ty for info..
you dont need hide and stealth, that just allows you to roam around and not be bothered by the spawn.
the skills you NEED to do the chests are detect hidden, lockpicking.
you need something to remove the trap after that so you can either:
a) use remove trap (so youd need the skill remove trap)
b) use telekinesis on it (so youd need magery)
c) go cave man on it and just eat the 3 traps and then cure/heal (again youd need some means for staying alive, ninja form into dog or magery or something)

then if your there for the relics you are gonna need stealing.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry Poo, but you're dead wrong. There is definitely a speed penalty. I've seen it in action. You might see some of the chests, but you miss some, when running.

I've watched other searchers doing the "run through method" (mounted or in ninja form), and I'll be there, hidden myself, searching for a chest that I detected the general location of, walking - and they see neither me nor the chest as they RUN THROUGH me and the spot where the chest turns out to be located. The only time I've had chests bogarted by other searchers is from other walkers.
you are dead wrong.
you are assuming a lot with your 'ive seen it in action'.
a) the guy your watching has GM detect
b) the guy your watching is competent (lowest common denominator)
c) the guy your watching cares about that particular chest (is he running from something or doing something else)
d) he does not have on his purple feathered hat

i can guarantee you i have tested this over the years when in faction and ive even tested it with this event.
ive walked down a hall and found a chest.
ive then backed up all the way down the hall and ran the hall at full run.
i did this over and over with different chests.
there was no difference.
not once.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you are dead wrong.
you are assuming a lot with your 'ive seen it in action'.
a) the guy your watching has GM detect
b) the guy your watching is competent (lowest common denominator)
c) the guy your watching cares about that particular chest (is he running from something or doing something else)
d) he does not have on his purple feathered hat

i can guarantee you i have tested this over the years when in faction and ive even tested it with this event.
ive walked down a hall and found a chest.
ive then backed up all the way down the hall and ran the hall at full run.
i did this over and over with different chests.
there was no difference.
not once.
I hate to disagree with you @Poo but I've had the same experience as @Basara ... several times... they run right past me... and I get the chest I've spotted them while stealthing and they run by and I walk up where they just went and find one... I highly doubt they just ran by and left it for me... and I doubt even more that it just spawned int he .2 seconds between them running past and me walking up behind.

I am going to say it probably has something to do with the game detecting their movement and the lag between signals... I'm guessing there are small enough window gaps in it that some chests go undetected... whereas walking slowly in stealth mode you wouldn't have those gaps.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I hate to disagree with you @Poo but I've had the same experience as @Basara ... several times... they run right past me... and I get the chest I've spotted them while stealthing and they run by and I walk up where they just went and find one... I highly doubt they just ran by and left it for me... and I doubt even more that it just spawned int he .2 seconds between them running past and me walking up behind.

I am going to say it probably has something to do with the game detecting their movement and the lag between signals... I'm guessing there are small enough window gaps in it that some chests go undetected... whereas walking slowly in stealth mode you wouldn't have those gaps.
again, your assuming that random person has GM detect.
i think we are seeing a lot of people attempting to do this event and the Kotl event years past that came in unprepared with not enough skills and still try to muddle through with sub par skill.
so yes, they will not see these or will probably not see these.

when this first came up a couple weeks ago i wondered about it myself and i spent an entire evening testing.
walking around stealthed, get the message.
back to the end of the hallway and mount up and run full tilt down the hall - get the message.
it does not get much clearer then that.
IF there was a speed factor attached to the skill i would not see it when running, but i did.
every time.
and i would run down the hallway full tilt 20 times to test it.
every time id get the message.

also, with the skeleton crew we have at Broadsword what makes people think that they are going in and changing old skills for a month long event?
hell, they dont change skills when they dont work why would they change them for a month long event.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It does however take into account style, you are wearing your purple, long feathered hat aren't you??
this is who must produce the hat, i am but the messenger carrying word of the hat to the masses.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
An old Freind of a Freind of mine that lives in L.A. would pay 2 plat for that hat :danceb:

@Poo

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Truly, I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. 'Tis a fine hat, just not what I was expecting.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they do, finally after a couple hundred chests I finally got
upload_2018-10-12_21-56-26.png
I was scared for a second as stealing is in the 80's but 120 buffed, got it first try.
Too bad I cant lock it down in my house, wrong shard :p

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Poo, the only one who is assuming anything is YOU.

You're assuming that you MUST be right, and all the other people with FIRST-HAND experience with the opposite are wrong.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Poo, the only one who is assuming anything is YOU.

You're assuming that you MUST be right, and all the other people with FIRST-HAND experience with the opposite are wrong.
i dont know what to tell you brother.
ive explained it as simply as i can a couple times now in the smallest words i can possibly use.
ive lead you to the water all you need do is drink.

as a side note, testing is not assuming.
testing 100 times in not assuming, its called empirical truth.
simply standing and watching someone run by you then forming a foundation for your belief of what is happening is assumption.
i know what i did, you have stated what you did.
so that by its very definition would make YOU the one assuming.
i can draw a picture with some stick figures if you require to help illustrate.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I too am getting the Message when i walk or run by the chests, Llama form or on an Ethy. *shrugs*

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I get the message when I run by as a ghost..
as a ghost!
well, thats interesting, that may add a new easy way to do the chests, haha!

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think they are just uber rare. Who was that lucky one getting all 4? U should consider having used up all your UO rng-luck you ever had on your account, now it's even negative :)

I for myself have cleaned my soul and do it the jedi-way: I walk the path of expecting nothing and maybe will be rewarded. No relic yet with thousands of chests, I suppose. (A bit missleading. I don't suppose not having gotten any relic yet, I know that for sure. No split personality here. I suppose that I did thousands of chests. Don't count them, would me directly lead to madness). Get some regs for scrappers this way and also cult items to turn in. And I also like this rogue thing too, has been a long time to get some input for it. AND I also got some rare items of the caravan quests, also nice. So - peace.

Last edited:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten one relic so far, yesterday in fact. I've opened about 600+ chests based on the number of 100 use Skeleton keys I've used.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Per Kyronix at the Meet and Greet just now...

They are rare.....

Which is exactly what I thought he'd say...makes sense that they don't want to flood the market with them...so yes they spawn but NOT often

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a pic of all 4. They still spawn. Ive been selling my doubles for 25M each. I have found them in both Hidden Chests and Puzzle Chests. I wear a max luck suit and Im in Fel.
Relic Set.png

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally... Relic of Lithos. x2. Got 2 with about half an hour between both.

So it's really the formula rare + UO RNG, nothing more.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually run through and take note when a message pops up. Then I stealth back (without ninjitsu) to pick the chest. I've never ever found more chests while stealthing than i detected while running. I've seen several players who don't bother with detect and only go for the riddle chests.