• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My Misadventures in taming

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK i finally got serious and used mythic token got some jewels to get to 120 and thought to myself, self we are set .
boy was i wrong little things like learning to heal your pet and yourself that i would have learned if i had gained the old fashioned way ....

so i ran to New Mag and found a shiny trained up lessor bought her bonded added a few 110's i had laying around ( i don't think i have messed her up yet ...)

ok some questions does real skill matter? because training taming is sooooooo painful

can bushido still be used to have a lessor ??
if so what level is needed ?
can the samurai train a pet?
My tamers name is Magenta Crayon i wanted to name my daughter this so that in middle school her boyfriend could say Maggie you color my world
back to taming stuff is there a tamer on Origin that could look at my lessor and offer advice...

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the lessor you speak the better answers you get about ur lessor!

50bush to tame lessors
and you cant train lessors with a samurai

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'll help if you're around tomorrow...and as far as real skill? My taming is 103.9 and my lore is 110, 120 taming and 115 lore with jewels/talisman and I don't have any issues.

Lessors can be owned by someone with Bushido BUT if you train it up you need taming/lore...you can train it up normally but don't use the animal training gump. Devious has a lessor (That I never use) and since I don't have lore I have no idea what his skills are at but I did train him up a bit years ago.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lessers IMO actually make better pets for a Tamer than the regular Hiryu... but yes if you train it then a your Bushido character can no longer use it...

I put Bushido, Ninjitsu and Frenzied WW on my lesser and it's pretty sweet.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doesn't ninjitsu erase the bushido? you can only have one school of magic usually.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
doesn't ninjitsu erase the bushido? you can only have one school of magic usually.
I think what Malag means is that she first added FzWW (that adds limited Ninjitsu and no other nintjitsu moves, just for the FzWW) spending 500 training points to do that, THEN afterwards she chose the Bushido magic for another bunch of TPs. That way that Lesser Hiryu has two redundant AOEs the FzWW, plus the bushido WW, plus the entire gamut of bushido moves. Interesting idea as an experiment but would be interesting to know if it works out, mana wise and otherwise?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think what Malag means is that she first added FzWW (that adds limited Ninjitsu and no other nintjitsu moves, just for the FzWW) spending 500 training points to do that, THEN afterwards she chose the Bushido magic for another bunch of TPs. That way that Lesser Hiryu has two redundant AOEs the FzWW, plus the bushido WW, plus the entire gamut of bushido moves. Interesting idea as an experiment but would be interesting to know if it works out, mana wise and otherwise?
I like it... does alright at champ spawns especially on the lower levels but since it isn't a Cu it doesn't much heal itself... but still it does pretty good even on the boss... most especially on bosses like the Rat where it spawns stuff. Though I also really like my Unicorn for certain mobs since it's completely immune to being poisoned. Makes a pretty good pet at level 5.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you for the info!
Good job Malag.
Bushi/FzWW will have these advantages:
Bushido : All moves including defenses and evade and the WW when it spams it, making for decent defense/offense and some healing from confidence, also LS for critical hits depending on Bushi level.
FzWW : More frequent AoE plus decent single target (all the little damages from FzWW add up).
Lesser Hiryu : Grasping Claw, somewhat better mana management (supposedly), plus some anti-pk defense with dismount (I know we are toast against expert Pks..).
Did you scroll the little beast? Can you post a pic of the stats when you get the time? I would like to specialize one of my GM skilled ones to this spec.
Thanks.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the info!
Good job Malag.
Bushi/FzWW will have these advantages:
Bushido : All moves including defenses and evade and the WW when it spams it, making for decent defense/offense and some healing from confidence, also LS for critical hits depending on Bushi level.
FzWW : More frequent AoE plus decent single target (all the little damages from FzWW add up).
Lesser Hiryu : Grasping Claw, somewhat better mana management (supposedly), plus some anti-pk defense with dismount (I know we are toast against expert Pks..).
Did you scroll the little beast? Can you post a pic of the stats when you get the time? I would like to specialize one of my GM skilled ones to this spec.
Thanks.
I did scroll it some what I could I'll post a pic later after I get up... night night time for me.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
where should i go to train up the last 18 or so points of resisting spells?? also what is min vet needed to rez pet

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
where should i go to train up the last 18 or so points of resisting spells?? also what is min vet needed to rez pet
Res Spells is usually spell binders in old Haven city. Get a few and have the cast on pet. I think min vet may be 80 but will fail a lot..

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Res Spells is usually spell binders in old Haven city. Get a few and have the cast on pet. I think min vet may be 80 but will fail a lot..
because I'm a noob how do i get them to cast on my pet? i get a bunch chasing me casting away then invis myself but they just ignore my pet??

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
because I'm a noob how do i get them to cast on my pet? i get a bunch chasing me casting away then invis myself but they just ignore my pet??
Pretype "all stop" dont press "return" yet. Keep the spellbinders at a little distance from pet, then (If the all kill macro key is F8 for example) press F8, target the binder and immediately after that -instantly- press return. The last part needs to be done very quickly after "all kill" or F8, since the pet, esp. if trained will pounce and instantly kill the binders. Let the pet be getting trained by one, then move around and get more. You should be able to get 4-8 binders on it, unless there are 3-4 other people in the area doing the same thing. This will bring RS to very high, poss. GM in 1-2 hours or less. Pet will gain parry there also, and other skills.
People may tel yu that this will not work with pets that have dex 125 or 150, but the key here is that you -instantly- press return and tell the pet to all stop, and it works.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Gotta be quick... but yes all kill/all stop... keep going till you got about 6 to 8 of them on your pet and then sit back and watch the numbers rise...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
someone had lured them all off( probably a real tamer on a boat :) ) so i settled for poison and air eles in shame. so about all that's that is left to train is detect hidden what's best method...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
someone had lured them all off( probably a real tamer on a boat :) ) so i settled for poison and air eles in shame. so about all that's that is left to train is detect hidden what's best method...
Guess thats what happens in a busy shard..Look around you may find some, all you need is like 3-4 they keep casting on the pet on and on..
There is a thread here on detect hidden : You buy 29 0r 39 skill points from the thief in New Haven city..Then get a box or crate I rthink lock it down and use DH on it on and on at short distance, then increase the distance more and more as you gain DH..Use it on locked boxes and so on. Never gained it more just enuff to do the Gumshoe quest. 29 or 39 I think.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Guess thats what happens in a busy shard..Look around you may find some, all you need is like 3-4 they keep casting on the pet on and on..
There is a thread here on detect hidden : You buy 29 0r 39 skill points from the thief in New Haven city..Then get a box or crate I rthink lock it down and use DH on it on and on at short distance, then increase the distance more and more as you gain DH..Use it on locked boxes and so on. Never gained it more just enuff to do the Gumshoe quest. 29 or 39 I think.
Unless you mean skill DH on the pet, thats a different method, and would not help in Khaldoun to have a pet with high DH for the boxes..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually if you go around killing all the other stuff in town more will spawn... just an FYI

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i guess a better question is why does my lessor have detect hidden and is there a way to lower it and put those points into something useful?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
i guess a better question is why does my lessor have detect hidden and is there a way to lower it and put those points into something useful?
I doubt that the DH points do anything relating to training points. So even if there was a way to reduce them, it would be unlikely to benefit anything.