• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House x Guild

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
I need to know if the members of my guild can have automatic access to my house, and if I can have access to the homes of my guild friends?
It's just a curiosity because I did not find anything written about it.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe they need a certain rank, and so do you to use it.

Yes you can lock yourself out of your own house.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's the guild of the house owner. And if the owner has transferred once, it's not the owner anymore.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
It's the guild of the house owner. And if the owner has transferred once, it's not the owner anymore.
Interesting..what you mean by transferred? Transferred the house ownership or transferred to another shard with shields and back? TY

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you transfer to another shard you are instantly removed from your guild... also if the house goes into decay all co-owners, friends etc are wiped from the house list...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
If you transfer to another shard you are instantly removed from your guild... also if the house goes into decay all co-owners, friends etc are wiped from the house list...
Apreciated, good to know.
And then when you transfer back to your house shard all is ok then? The house is yours and ok again? Also the house goes into decay even though you have other chars on shard on same account?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And then when you transfer back to your house shard all is ok then? The house is yours and ok again? Also the house goes into decay even though you have other chars on shard on same account?
She was talking hypothetically. You do not lose your house if you transfer shards. Unless there are no toons left on the shard.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No I'm saying if you transfer you are out of your guild... completely different from if your house goes into decay which can happen if you don't pay your account...

When you transfer back you are still NOT in a guild... you have to rejoin or restart your guild if you want to remain in a guild. I personally never transfer characters that are in guilds just for this reason.

I've never had my house go into decay... but I know several who play "roulette" with their accounts turning them on and off again at 3 or 4 month intervals... which IMO is risky. But they often have to refriend everyone who was friended as that goes away when the house goes into decay... which again annoying. If you set your house doors to guild you best have all your characters in the guild... otherwise they can't open the doors. Though you can get a set of teleporters and set them to owner or co-owner for your characters... guild mates would not be able to use them.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No I'm saying if you transfer you are out of your guild... completely different from if your house goes into decay which can happen if you don't pay your account...

When you transfer back you are still NOT in a guild... you have to rejoin or restart your guild if you want to remain in a guild. I personally never transfer characters that are in guilds just for this reason.

I've never had my house go into decay... but I know several who play "roulette" with their accounts turning them on and off again at 3 or 4 month intervals... which IMO is risky. But they often have to refriend everyone who was friended as that goes away when the house goes into decay... which again annoying. If you set your house doors to guild you best have all your characters in the guild... otherwise they can't open the doors. Though you can get a set of teleporters and set them to owner or co-owner for your characters... guild mates would not be able to use them.
Thanks for info, greatly appreciated.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can transfer the house owner to another shard and return without a problem... however sometimes if you transfer to another shard and back anything you had that was "Owned by" that character might not recognize you anymore. I had this issue with a talisman once... though I paged a GM and they fixed it for me. As long as you still have a character on that shard you're fine.

Can't tell you if the house sign changes or not but I don't think so. Since my Castle is still owned by Newcastle Arms and he did transfer once... there is that as well... anyway you should be fine.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nice to know. Thanks! Still have a little more time to go before I can get my two xfer shields.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can transfer the house owner to another shard and return without a problem... however sometimes if you transfer to another shard and back anything you had that was "Owned by" that character might not recognize you anymore. I had this issue with a talisman once... though I paged a GM and they fixed it for me. As long as you still have a character on that shard you're fine.

Can't tell you if the house sign changes or not but I don't think so. Since my Castle is still owned by Newcastle Arms and he did transfer once... there is that as well... anyway you should be fine.
Please try a container which security is set to guild members. The guilded char should not be friend, owner or co-owner.
This didn't work for me

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Please try a container which security is set to guild members. The guilded char should not be friend, owner or co-owner.
This didn't work for me
We used to have containers like that when I was in the Yew Militia (GLs)... they did work... far as I recall we could get into them if we were at least a Member and not a Ronin... as Ronins have zero access to voting or anything... only Members and officers have that. It's possible that it didn't work because you were just a Ronin.