• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ridiculous

Who Cares

Visitor
To have an event where new tamers cant play. On Atl the only cad infused treats are 100k a piece. Tamers have to buy them over and over and over and over and over. Im new, cant afford it. I bought three. Used them for a short period but people activating the spawn caused me to be dead most of the time. Now im out of treats..my 3. I got 5 drops worth 1 point each. At this rate itll cost me 1.8m to get the first aid bag. From an event....that's suppose to be for everyone. I don't think making treats for pets was smart and even less smart to let players control the event buy overpricing treats. No I wont raise cooking. It would also be ridiculous to have an event where players must raise a skill on a game where templates are limited and so are characters. Should have made a different way for people to kill the monsters. Especially tamers. I don't see mages buying spellbook after spellbook every 30 minutes. Its insane, unfair, and unattanable by new players and just ridiculous. 100k for a few minutes of monster killing on my only character capable of doing it. But hey...a few select players get to price gouge and make out during the event. ….because they had a skill....I have mediataion...make an event where I can make millions off people who don't have it.

Last edited:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've made over 600 tasty treats. That's a lot of fishing poles at 100K each. I'll repeat what I've said on the other forum. My opinion is they really need to make these treats last at least 12, preferable 24 hours. I know not all things are fair in life but this is way out of line with the other methods of fighting and what is required to make those infused items.

I don't sell, I share with others because right now I have the time to do the fishing and make em up for others who don't have the time.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why don't you get fishing raised a bit- & cooking & go make them yourself? you will need a !00K ish fishing rod though

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait... tamers getting the shaft? How unusual. (Please note sarcasm)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To have an event where new tamers cant play. On Atl the only cad infused treats are 100k a piece. Tamers have to buy them over and over and over and over and over. Im new, cant afford it. I bought three. Used them for a short period but people activating the spawn caused me to be dead most of the time. Now im out of treats..my 3. I got 5 drops worth 1 point each. At this rate itll cost me 1.8m to get the first aid bag. From an event....that's suppose to be for everyone. I don't think making treats for pets was smart and even less smart to let players control the event buy overpricing treats. No I wont raise cooking. It would also be ridiculous to have an event where players must raise a skill on a game where templates are limited and so are characters. Should have made a different way for people to kill the monsters. Especially tamers. I don't see mages buying spellbook after spellbook every 30 minutes. Its insane, unfair, and unattanable by new players and just ridiculous. 100k for a few minutes of monster killing on my only character capable of doing it. But hey...a few select players get to price gouge and make out during the event. ….because they had a skill....I have mediataion...make an event where I can make millions off people who don't have it.
Just took the picture below of the box of treats on my Atlantic vendor. Had 20 in there the other day, but it's only had 6 since yesterday. Each treat costs 13,500 gp. Started out at 15,000 gp but they weren't moving, so I dropped the price. They're still not moving, so I'll be dropping the price again. The current lowest price I see on Atlantic's vendor search is 10,000 gp.

Make sure you are using the option to sort results lowest price to highest price. If you can't find my vendor and want me to meet you somewhere to sell you some for 10k each, just send me a note. I need to drag out the cook, but I have about 35 sitting in a cabinet I can sell if you want some of them.

khaldun treats on atlantic.JPG

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just took the picture below of the box of treats on my Atlantic vendor. Had 20 in there the other day, but it's only had 6 since yesterday. Each treat costs 13,500 gp. Started out at 15,000 gp but they weren't moving, so I dropped the price. They're still not moving, so I'll be dropping the price again. The current lowest price I see on Atlantic's vendor search is 10,000 gp.

Make sure you are using the option to sort results lowest price to highest price. If you can't find my vendor and want me to meet you somewhere to sell you some for 10k each, just send me a note. I need to drag out the cook, but I have about 35 sitting in a cabinet I can sell if you want some of them.

View attachment 87939
Agreed, I originally started selling the treats at 25k per (20 for 500k). Recently the price has been lowered to 10k per (20 for 200K). Granted, the package price might be a bit high for the OP, but it gave you 10 hours of infusion for your pet. Each treat requires 40 fish cakes and it does require at least 60 cooking, but I'm sure you will waste a lot of fish at that skill level. So, there is a significant investment in time fishing and skill building involved before you can make them for yourself.

Who Cares

Visitor
The search very well could have been scaled to something unusual and if so i apologize. Ive does do that sometimes for unknown reasons. Like looking for something simole and getting no results because my starting price was something insane. So yes... very possible I over looked something i assumed to be working correctly and i apologize. I would have hit your vendor up in a heartbeat. I tried to get info on the cooking requirements and was told 60 skill. And as far as spending time fishing i certainly dont mind but why would i put forth the effort if I thought it was 60 cooking. I'll just start skipping in game advice and come here. If I can find treats at a reasonable price, theres no issue here. Thank you

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, I originally started selling the treats at 25k per (20 for 500k). Recently the price has been lowered to 10k per (20 for 200K). Granted, the package price might be a bit high for the OP, but it gave you 10 hours of infusion for your pet. Each treat requires 40 fish cakes and it does require at least 60 cooking, but I'm sure you will waste a lot of fish at that skill level. So, there is a significant investment in time fishing and skill building involved before you can make them for yourself.
Yeah, my cook isn't quite finished yet, so at 88.8 cooking and with a 23% cooking bonus talisman, she only has an 80.6% chance to make the treats. I only seem to be able to get about around 160 of the "High Seas" fish per hour and each one gives 4 steaks. It takes 40 caddelite-infused steaks for each treat, assuming no use of exploits, so at most I could only probably make about 16 treats per hour. Selling them at 10k each, I only make about 160k gold per hour IF anyone buys them. Not a really great return, compared to what many others claim to make per hour for their game time. But selling them for anything more than the current lowest price on the shard is a gold loser for sure.

(Edited # of fish caught per hour from 650 to 160. Bad math calculating backwards from about 320 fish steaks per half hour.)

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The search very well could have been scaled to something unusual and if so i apologize. Ive does do that sometimes for unknown reasons. Like looking for something simole and getting no results because my starting price was something insane. So yes... very possible I over looked something i assumed to be working correctly and i apologize. I would have hit your vendor up in a heartbeat. I tried to get info on the cooking requirements and was told 60 skill. And as far as spending time fishing i certainly dont mind but why would i put forth the effort if I thought it was 60 cooking. I'll just start skipping in game advice and come here. If I can find treats at a reasonable price, theres no issue here. Thank you
At 60 cooking, you would lose a lot of the fish. Hopefully you'll find enough for your use at a reasonable price!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still this guy has a fair point. A player of any decent skill level should be able to participate in the event but should not have to build a mule to do so. Typically a newer person gravitates towards a tamer due to the easier nature of the gameplay, the depth of the game shouldn't punish them for this choice.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still this guy has a fair point. A player of any decent skill level should be able to participate in the event but should not have to build a mule to do so. Typically a newer person gravitates towards a tamer due to the easier nature of the gameplay, the depth of the game shouldn't punish them for this choice.
I agree.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not only does the OP have a point, but how about some of the more experienced and capable players simply GIVING them some stuff to help. Along with some game pointers, too.

Unique concept but it has worked fairly well through the years.

Who Cares

Visitor
So long as people are vending them fairly Im good to go with buying and leaving the process to the cooks. It was just when I thought that 100k price was standard since its all I could find lol. I appreciate the effort of the suppliers, I really do. That vendor...100k. Ill be sure to avoid him for any needs I have in the future. Thanks for the assistance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not only does the OP have a point, but how about some of the more experienced and capable players simply GIVING them some stuff to help. Along with some game pointers, too.

I give pet treats and spellbooks away. There are no treats on LS vendors. Just some instruments.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Lack of New Player friendly content has been plaguing UO for years. It's almost as big an issue as RMT, and Scripting, and unfortunately one the Dev Team could more easily tackle but have refused to do so. Dungeon Revamps, Over Powered Event mobs, etc. all have left overland spawn in Trammel and Felucca pretty much the only content available for new players. Content that had negligible reward when you consider the cost of everything in game these days. Old Haven's accelerated skill gain quests no longer are a real benefit as once you complete them you are still greatly under powered for the remaining game content. I'd rather they went almost exclusively to ToT style events more often, where difficulty of the creature could be offset by quantity rather than the grindy content that new players have no chance at due to mob difficulty.

Unique concept, not really. And yes it works, but at a cost. Part of the magic of UO that made it UO was that you could be what you wanted within the constraints of the game world. Veteran players are more likely to hand out advice on and direct players to build characters a specific way or teach them a set way to play. This is counter to that concept of being an individual in the game world. Might those lessons teach an efficient way to play? Sure, but it also removes the aspect of discovery and growing into becoming that individual in UO. The game needs new player friendly content designed to help new players tackle the steep learning curve, while having fun and being rewarded for doing so. It shouldn't fall almost exclusively on the backs of Veteran players to set the game up in a way that's fun for new people. That is part of the the developers jobs, veteran players can enhance that experience, but Vet aid should never be thought of as a pre-requisite for it to happen. Making the base game fun isn't our job, attracting and retaining new players isn't our job, we don't depend on people subscribing or continuing to subscribe for our livelihood, they do.

Don't get me wrong if you want to hand out stuff and help new players, by all means do so. However doing that should be because you enjoy and want to do it, not because you've come to feel you should do it, because otherwise new players are going to get frustrated and quit.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Biggest problem with the pricing is that 'most' vendors selling them had not acquired them honestly. I reported the 'bug' if you want to call it that before the patch went live, It's more of a programming oversight. Either way after seeing this thread I had a quick check to see if it was fixed, it's not.

So you can bet that many (I'm not saying all) vendor suppliers are still abusing it. :( As a side note, I do not and have not ever sold the tasty treats. And asking 100k per treat is as the OP says, ridiculous! Most fishermen whether they are cooking honestly or not script fishing anyway!!!

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow! Here I thought *I* was screwing people by asking 5k apiece for the treats on Sonoma.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The current team enjoys making a system that should be really fun then add a couple of real pain in the ass deal breakers to it. I honestly think it's run by people that don't love and play the game and simply don't have a grasp on the game. It's always they end up one yard short of the goal line. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've said this would have been awesome had they only not done this or had done these couple things. Reminds me if they will ever make High Seas fun. Or fix castle customization. Or... But we must remember that grinding for hours and hours to have a half hour of fun is what we really want. If I was still working full time and not retired I seriously doubt I'd be playing this game.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gonna have to call BS on this. I've had stacks of the treats on my vendor since Friday for 50k per 5. So 10k a piece. That's like 3 minutes of hunting. If you can't fish them up yourself then surely on a TAMER you can get enough gold together to purchase these in abundance.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just loaded a bunch of Khaldun treats on vendor on Great Lakes for 4,900 GP each.

Merth

Journeyman
I think ya’ll are missing his point. And when this event started 100k per was pretty common as I saw this complaint prior to this thread. Prices have dropped obviously now that more people are invested.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the prerequisites for Khaldun participation are overly burdensome for what (as I understand) is temporary content, regardless of character type.
And if you want a decent drop rate, you gonna cough up $2 about every hour? or whatever...yeah I've pretty much passed on this, other than making a few caddelite items just to keep for deco

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree about the DEVs not being in touch with the player base... or understanding what it is to play UO...

But part of that I think is on us... Most the time we the players do some pretty deplorable things, ranging from being completely rude (believe I fit in here sometimes), to cheating, lying, not reporting bugs and exploiting them... Getting in as an EM just to bilk that system... and try to manipulate the DEVs... such as Clops incident... and more making it very difficult for the DEVs to really know who is and isn't a decent person to trust when it comes to giving advice.

Just because someone has paid for UO for 20 or 20+ years doesn't necessarily mean they have actually "Played" UO for that time either... and not everyone can play every playstyle or give advice on every aspect of the game either... as is totally obvious when you read threads about things like PvP there is 0 consensus on what is or isn't needed to "fix" anything... what might seem like a bug or exploit or problem to some isn't to others... etc... making decisions very difficult for the DEVs having to weight who to tick off to "fix" things.... and whether or not it's a true problem or just someones idea of a problem. Sometimes they get it wrong.

And if they do actually play, you gotta sometimes wonder exactly what they do when they play? Do they GOD Mode? or do they actually think that some of this is "fun"???

And then sometimes I think to myself... this must be "the bad place" as they seem to delight in giving us torture and torment and we seem to "like" it.

However, with this event, I have to say that it involves more playstyles than ever before... It has something for crafters, something for beggars, something for fishermen, something for PvM and stuff for PvP... So not sure why everyone is up in arms. Even using some skills that are often unused like detect hidden...

My biggest beef with the whole thing though is that once again it really shows how mages and spellcasters are often given the shaft... All other styles of players from macers, to archers and sampires and all that can craft the exact weapon of choice they need... while mages get the crapshoot they have always gotten... maybe you'll make a nice scrappers after 20 or 30 attempts... maybe.... but more often than not you get jack squat... since you can't imbue a spellbook... which IMO is totally asinine... They can't even get the benefit of using most slayer talismans... and these stupid spellbooks you can get from the event are also an asinine crap shoot... you waste 50 points to get a spellbook that you likely don't need... or possibly already have... THAT is my main beef.

Who Cares

Visitor
Gonna have to call BS on this. I've had stacks of the treats on my vendor since Friday for 50k per 5. So 10k a piece. That's like 3 minutes of hunting. If you can't fish them up yourself then surely on a TAMER you can get enough gold together to purchase these in abundance.
I'm gonna have to call BS on your ability to read...or be polite. If you don't want to bother reading what all was said then don't bother posting. Someone pointed out to me it was a search error. Like your reading error, it was an oversight.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Poor fishermen and cooks get something profitable to do and the tamers cry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gonna have to call BS on your ability to read...or be polite. If you don't want to bother reading what all was said then don't bother posting. Someone pointed out to me it was a search error. Like your reading error, it was an oversight.
You're cute. :heart:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not really.

Craft some. Put on your vendor. Put back in your pack. They wont' stack with the crafted ones. I have two stacks of them. Original crafted and ones that were once on a vendor. Nary shall they stack together. I think that was the point.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Theres many ways to get them to not stack.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not really.

Craft some. Put on your vendor. Put back in your pack. They wont' stack with the crafted ones. I have two stacks of them. Original crafted and ones that were once on a vendor. Nary shall they stack together. I think that was the point.
Sorry, that has never come up. When I make the new Caddellite Tasty Treats they all stack. When I make more Caddellite Tasty Treats and add them to the first stack, they stack.. Take some out, put them in a different stack, then put them back in the original stack, they stack. Never tried putting them on a vendor, taking them off of a vendor and tried stacking with some that were never on a vendor. Don't imagine that I ever will. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think. but don't know for sure, there's some weird stuff with the code they put in to identify duped items. When things don't stack properly I believe it involves that.

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
well, like anything in real life or game life.. if you want someone to do something you should be paying for it. at 100k for a fishing pole with only 1000 charges on it to get fish you should expect to pay for a treat.. think on this.. Someone is taking hours of their life ( just like s real life job ) fishing up these dang things, then swapping out to a cook to make them usable, and then they have to cook them in a designated area.. Sooooo what is their time worth? as a tamer, even a crappy tamer with a White wyrm you should be able to kill things to make enough to but treats. Atlantic has the highest priced anything since it is the populated server.

Like a car mechanic, this guy has to learn his trade, pays for schooling, pays for his own tools, takes time to fix your car... He deserves to make enough to cover his expenses and make enough profit to make it worth his time. It's the same thing for fishermen / cooks / miners / lumberjacks / smiths , ect.. you want the rewards for nothing but people had to put in the time and effort to produce items... Pay the people or quit complaining and make your own crafter.. or join a guild and beg them to give you free stuff...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well, like anything in real life or game life.. if you want someone to do something you should be paying for it. at 100k for a fishing pole with only 1000 charges on it to get fish you should expect to pay for a treat.. think on this.. Someone is taking hours of their life ( just like s real life job ) fishing up these dang things, then swapping out to a cook to make them usable, and then they have to cook them in a designated area.. Sooooo what is their time worth? as a tamer, even a crappy tamer with a White wyrm you should be able to kill things to make enough to but treats. Atlantic has the highest priced anything since it is the populated server.

Like a car mechanic, this guy has to learn his trade, pays for schooling, pays for his own tools, takes time to fix your car... He deserves to make enough to cover his expenses and make enough profit to make it worth his time. It's the same thing for fishermen / cooks / miners / lumberjacks / smiths , ect.. you want the rewards for nothing but people had to put in the time and effort to produce items... Pay the people or quit complaining and make your own crafter.. or join a guild and beg them to give you free stuff...
Guess that's part of what I really love about Black Desert Online... you can only put stuff on the market... only certain things... most of what you get you gotta get for yourself... You can't trade much of anything except food. Otherwise, if you want something you gotta go get it or buy it on the market. No trading means no one is selling silver for you to buy... and no trading means what you have you worked for yourself. Suppose you could pay someone to get on your account and do the work for you but I don't know many who would risk that.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just because i was bored and curious, i decided to try making a fisher/cook from scratch. in one hour i was able to raise my cooking up to give myself a 5% chance at making the treats. to do this i bought 2000 fish at a time from the fisherman on haven dock and then cooked them right there with a campfire. then for the rest of the hour (45mins) i went to papua and walked up and down the shore fishing. at the end of the hour i had 504 caddelite fish steaks. i then went to the camp and used the "make max" option on the tasty treats when i finally made them, i made 10 of the treats. i don't consider this an exorbitant amount of time. you could spend an hour a day making treats and then spend the the next several hours fighting.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone who still plays the game, unlike myself who is just a troll, should write a short how to guide if the above post isn't good enough.