• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming Khaldun

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is what we do on LS.

Was margarita night so I hope the words make sense.

When the spawn turns to 2nd stage. Put a field here:

upload_2018-10-7_19-20-28.png

Players bring the mobs to this point. magic users go on safe side.

Pets and melee toons are on other side. Magic toons blast with area spells. Tamers also use pets on other side. Players on other side die fast.

Looks kinda like this but this is not heavy spawn.

upload_2018-10-7_19-23-27.png

Cult items drop in your pack. Have fun!

There was 6 to 10 players every round on LS this weekend.

Have better ideas post here.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a poison field on the fight side of the energy field, as well. Especially against the purple Skelementals. They go down a lot faster to melee when poisoned.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
We use 3-5 sampires, no fields, no magic, sometimes a tamer...sometimes a bard/archer (Thanks for the Bard Buffs Anon! ) And we can eat through a spawn like it's nobody's business :)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is what we do on LS.

Was margarita night so I hope the words make sense.

When the spawn turns to 2nd stage. Put a field here:

View attachment 87875

Players bring the mobs to this point. magic users go on safe side.

Pets and melee toons are on other side. Magic toons blast with area spells. Tamers also use pets on other side. Players on other side die fast.

Looks kinda like this but this is not heavy spawn.

View attachment 87876

Cult items drop in your pack. Have fun!

There was 6 to 10 players every round on LS this weekend.

Have better ideas post here.
That is how people on alt have been doing it. And once he spawns the bring him over to that area as well

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is how people on alt have been doing it. And once he spawns the bring him over to that area as well
If you do not attack the boss he will just stand on the altar in yellow form. Once he turns red he does not move much if pets are on him.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We use 3-5 sampires, no fields, no magic, sometimes a tamer...sometimes a bard/archer (Thanks for the Bard Buffs Anon! ) And we can eat through a spawn like it's nobody's business :)
I always try to party everyone but no one accepts and trust me bard buffs are your friend :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not know how party affects the cult drops. They are probably hesitant for that reason. But normal spawns we party to talk and use shared skills.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We get to do it ONCE a day on SIEGE, if you happen to be on when it is done, and if you are in the group that gets to do it.

If not you are OUT OF LUCK for the rest of the day. Since this has been active I have been ABLE to do ONE full spawn (that was the first day before we knew the issue), and one other day when it was not competed before I logged on. We even tried doing other spawns to rejig the thing once it was done but NOPE, not for us, people don't have time to run around doing multiple T2a spawns just in the HOPE of making the event spawn rejig.

OK I can see why on production shards the idol may not be boosted in fel until other spawns have been done, (well not really the idea is totally STUPID), but at least on production shards you have TRAMMEL where you can do the spawn over and over and get your cult artis. Not so on Siege.

Siege spawn should be able to be valor popped like every other spawn, the place is totally DEAD now as after the one spawn a day gets done no one bothers with it.

And yes you can do 'boxes' to get your artis, or kill the very scarce amount of spawn in the dungeon for the minor chance of an arti but having spent 4 hours doing that today for the total sum of TWO artis it gets a bit soul destroying.

This is the lamest event dungeon ever put out with the way it currently is for siege. They need to look at the issue as it affects siege given we have no Trammel to 'farm' for the artis, at 50 needed for ONE item this situation is ludicrous.

@Bleak @Kyronix

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We get to do it ONCE a day on SIEGE, if you happen to be on when it is done, and if you are in the group that gets to do it.

If not you are OUT OF LUCK for the rest of the day. Since this has been active I have been ABLE to do ONE full spawn (that was the first day before we knew the issue), and one other day when it was not competed before I logged on. We even tried doing other spawns to rejig the thing once it was done but NOPE, not for us, people don't have time to run around doing multiple T2a spawns just in the HOPE of making the event spawn rejig.

OK I can see why on production shards the idol may not be boosted in fel until other spawns have been done, (well not really the idea is totally STUPID), but at least on production shards you have TRAMMEL where you can do the spawn over and over and get your cult artis. Not so on Siege.

Siege spawn should be able to be valor popped like every other spawn, the place is totally DEAD now as after the one spawn a day gets done no one bothers with it.

And yes you can do 'boxes' to get your artis, or kill the very scarce amount of spawn in the dungeon for the minor chance of an arti but having spent 4 hours doing that today for the total sum of TWO artis it gets a bit soul destroying.

This is the lamest event dungeon ever put out with the way it currently is for siege. They need to look at the issue as it affects siege given we have no Trammel to 'farm' for the artis, at 50 needed for ONE item this situation is ludicrous.

@Bleak @Kyronix
I don't see what you are complaining about. You should be lucky to have this dungeon for yourself.

Buy a luck potion go down and clear out the spawn till short before the fiends. Wait till it went down again. Repeat.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see what you are complaining about. You should be lucky to have this dungeon for yourself.

Buy a luck potion go down and clear out the spawn till short before the fiends. Wait till it went down again. Repeat.
LOL what spawn? There isn't one that is what I am complaining about. By the time I get on the spawn has been run for the day, you can't pop it again, so all you get is the few skeletal armors the odd zombie and zealot, there is NO spawn, you cant challenge the alter once it has been done and it gets done ONCE each 24 hr period. Server comes up on siege at around 5am est and 10am for the europeans, it is done by ONE group by lunchtime at the latest which leaves the rest of the day with 0 spawn. No way in hell I am buying a luck potion to run around killing the straggle spawn. I don't think you understand the problem, there isn't a spawn to clear out til fiends it is long done and dusted. ONLY ONE group a day gets to complete the spawn, once it is done that's it.

I am generally on for about 10-12 hours and in that time you cannot pop the spawn as it is already done. If there was a trammel on siege you could go and farm the spawn up to level 3 and let it drop off but there isn't. I spent 4 solid hours in there today picking crates and killing the spawn that there was for 2 cult artis. It sucks.

Last edited:

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know they need to fix it.

Only thing is the puzzle chests and the secret chests unless they dont respawn

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL what spawn? There isn't one that is what I am complaining about. By the time I get on the spawn has been run for the day, you can't pop it again, so all you get is the few skeletal armors the odd zombie and zealot, there is NO spawn, you cant challenge the alter once it has been done and it gets done ONCE each 24 hr period. Server comes up on siege at around 5am est and 10am for the europeans, it is done by ONE group by lunchtime at the latest which leaves the rest of the day with 0 spawn. No way in hell I am buying a luck potion to run around killing the straggle spawn. I don't think you understand the problem, there isn't a spawn to clear out til fiends it is long done and dusted. ONLY ONE group a day gets to complete the spawn, once it is done that's it.

I am generally on for about 10-12 hours and in that time you cannot pop the spawn as it is already done. If there was a trammel on siege you could go and farm the spawn up to level 3 and let it drop off but there isn't. I spent 4 solid hours in there today picking crates and killing the spawn that there was for 2 cult artis. It sucks.
I found out what the issue is you complained about in the time between my post and your answer

I fully agree. It's horsecock

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

While I agree that this should be resolved I'd also like to point out that you've got your facts wrong here.

Server up is 6 am EST and 12 pm CET. That would be 9 pm Sydney time. No clue what Aussie time zone you're in but even if it is 10 or 11 pm that should leave you at least an hour of farming that spawn after server up on Siege. Only level one really drops lots of artifacts anyways, so that's all you need right there.

There is no group that finishes the spawn after server up on Siege. There is a group that tries to farm there and usually leaves or gets killed by us. Then the spawn just sits there for the rest of the day until in the evening when we return and finish it. It has been like this every day since the event started.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I do not know how party affects the cult drops. They are probably hesitant for that reason. But normal spawns we party to talk and use shared skills.
I actually get more drops when I'm partied with Anon, but that's just my experience, it might just be the RNG but I have noticed that when me and Anon are partied I get more...also I get more if I have luck..I usually hit the luck statue right before I go down...when it's running I get more.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fel spawn is badly thought out. This should pop at the same interval as the tram spawn. Our guild did an oaks and a few other t2a spawns yesterday to try to get it to pop to no avail.

What should be a good opportunity for renewed pvp has been ruined.

i feel bad for my fellow players on seige. what is a minor annoyance for prodo shards is a complete slap in the face for you.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
A limited time spawn should not require repetitive spawning of static content.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New The fel spawn is badly thought out. This should pop at the same interval as the tram spawn. Our guild did an oaks and a few other t2a spawns yesterday to try to get it to pop to no avail.
Or should work like EVERY Fel spawn, and have the ability to re-pop it as soon as it's able to be done (think it's 5 minutes after champ drops for the Star Room gate.) Supposedly Dragon Turtle Fel is the same as Khaldun, but I think I've only ever been down there twice, several months apart.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cu Sidhe, Nightmare, Reptalon, Dreadmares do elemental damage. Fire Beetle, Fire Steed.

Or take a elemental drake for each stage.

Or Chivalry and AI kill them all. A 100% physical pet is worst but players take them.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They should just nix the guaranteed 120 drops, put a 30 minute timer on the spawn (so it can't be spammed exceptionally efficiently due to increased value in drops)

And chalk this up as it was intended: a fail safe to make sure things weren't abused which now appears to be too restrictive.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They cant just give us something fun. It always have to have something grindy tied to it.

Many returned to do the fel side. The devs are going to make players log in less and/or quit because of the way they make us do stupid stuff to have fun.

Just give it a normal timer and let players have fun.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The reward is too steep and they recognized it ahead of time. It was a stop gap that clearly is too impactful in live use. Relax, aside from not being able to stop one random guy in Russia from doing credit card fraud and spamming gen chat, they're doing an okay job for a rag tag team

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reward is too steep?!?!?!? LOLOLOL. Its just shard bound 120s, which a lot of people have tons of, who cares about powerscrolls. These things came out 17 years ago and are not exactly high end items anymore. I don't think our dev team has the humility to say they were wrong about this, they would rather ride it out with pride and screw the playerbase. This game needs a ton of work and this team cant handle it clearly.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As far as pets... bane dragon does 50 phys, 25 cold 25 poison... with magery, thats all famage types( fire, and energy).

And the bug with pet aoes lets me poison everyone in tram.

So win win

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reward is too steep?!?!?!? LOLOLOL. Its just shard bound 120s, which a lot of people have tons of, who cares about powerscrolls. These things came out 17 years ago and are not exactly high end items anymore. I don't think our dev team has the humility to say they were wrong about this, they would rather ride it out with pride and screw the playerbase. This game needs a ton of work and this team cant handle it clearly.
The new pet leveling system, where you can put PS on pets, has dug into the game's stockpiles of hoarded Powerscrolls quite a bit. Just one of my Tamers, has 34 Stable Slots. That's 34 pets that'd need a 120 Wrest PS. You used to have a hard time even giving away a 120 Wrest PS for free before the Pet Revamp, which is why many people threw even 120 Wrest PS on the ground before. Now, a 120 Wrest PS is one of the most valuable PS.