• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone got a pic of the new cat mount?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it’s not an ethy or a 5 slot pets it will be worthless as well

At least it’s not rainbow color from the in store pic

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's live, instabonds, can go to 3 slots.

An ethy would have been preferable.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Should have been an ethy

I wish they could just listen to us when been telling them we want more store ethy mounts that don’t look like rainbows as well

:facepalm:

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like how it looks. I don't like how it's not a statuette. I'd sit at the bank with it or craft with it but would probably leave it behind while I'm hunting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My archer bard can use one but he has the windrunner.

If you could ride this while wearing the skeleton costume.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are some hitches in the animation in both clients o.0

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After the phoenix changes, then a my little pony vanity mount, this just is not right. Gawd! take it out and shoot it! <shudder>

Sorry ... it's cruel and inhuman punishment to have that in-game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm glad they are still creating stuff but IMO it's gross looking. Which is worse the cat or the spider mount?
The spider mount... IMO it doesn't look much like a spider... looks more like a misshapen mop or something... Fugly... and I LIKE spiders... I would have been much happier with a spidermount that looked more like the Sentinel spider or something... that thing is just silly looking.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh that spider thing is weird and just too big, I have a spider mount in RIFT and it looks incredible and moves like a spider, even makes a weird chittering noise...store mounts added after the Charger should have been the same as the Charger, an ethy-type statuette. They all cost the same but they are not all as good, I refuse to buy anything that will be a pain if I die. I die quite often....:p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh that spider thing is weird and just too big, I have a spider mount in RIFT and it looks incredible and moves like a spider, even makes a weird chittering noise...store mounts added after the Charger should have been the same as the Charger, an ethy-type statuette. They all cost the same but they are not all as good, I refuse to buy anything that will be a pain if I die. I die quite often....:p
I agree that and most my characters that I use frequently are tamers and well they can't use a live pet that isn't going to go to 5 slots.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it. I will get one. It will go with my new sandstone castle....oh wait :[

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are four cat urns on our mantle.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya why didn’t they make it a skeleton dragon the art is already in game would just have to make a few mods I think so we could ride it

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I plan on making toilet seat covers out of my cats when they die. Not for the seat part, but for the lid part only. The only question is: Will they be big enough to cover the whole seat or will I have to sew them both together just to do one toilet? Luckily this is an option as one is orange and one is orange and white. I think the orange and white one has enough orange bits where I can use just them if I need to. I could make some mittens out of the white parts if I have enough. I keep feeding them but only time will tell how much material they will produce.

Who said cats aren't good for anything?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol wtf are you talking about :postpics:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I plan on making toilet seat covers out of my cats when they die. Not for the seat part, but for the lid part only. The only question is: Will they be big enough to cover the whole seat or will I have to sew them both together just to do one toilet? I keep feeding them but only time will tell.
I'd think tanned human skin would be more impressive.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Who is your vendor?
I don't have a vendor at my house irl, but if you call me we might be able to work something out. Muhahahaha

ADDED: Knowing people and the internet I Googled "imitation human hide". There is actually a wealth of products and information. Yeah.... of course.....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have a vendor at my house irl, but if you call me we might be able to work something out. Muhahahaha

ADDED: Knowing people and the internet I Googled "imitation human hide". There is actually a wealth of products and information. Yeah.... of course.....
Pffft imitation is never as good as the real thing.

*wow has this thread taken a dark turn or what!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I know it's not the real world, but what exactly are you sitting on with that thing? I feel when you get on it the middle would just dip until your feet were on the ground.... if it had been a zombie cat then I could have almost believed in it....it's nasty and not in a good way! :eek:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to beat a dead cat, but again, I wish they would provide images and/or videos of the things they sell on the UO.com news pages. They have to be the only company selling things without trying to entice people to buy them. It's like, "Our artists did all of this work. Buy it without being able to see what it looks like until you buy it, or don't buy it. Whatever."

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to beat a dead cat, but again, I wish they would provide images and/or videos of the things they sell on the UO.com news pages. They have to be the only company selling things without trying to entice people to buy them. It's like, "Our artists did all of this work. Buy it without being able to see what it looks like until you buy it, or don't buy it. Whatever."

Once again very bad leadership

Deimos

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's a shame they don't just use the existing artwork in game for new rideables.
I'd love a rideable Terathan avenger like they have on free shards, has to be the old blood red warrior graphic though.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
On the topic of cat urns... I just got one myself. One of my cats suddenly and unexpectedly died just as this mount came out. Was a bit of a gut punch, even though obviously there is no correlation. I think I will pass on this one regardless.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On the topic of cat urns... I just got one myself. One of my cats suddenly and unexpectedly died just as this mount came out. Was a bit of a gut punch, even though obviously there is no correlation. I think I will pass on this one regardless.
Sorry to hear of this - and the lousy timing. I know how pets of all kinds can get to the heart. Once ... eons ago ... I had 14 cats (13 outside, 1 inside), a dog and raised hamsters for a bit of side cash from pet shops. Fun times at the zoo!