• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Age-old complaint with smelting and a thought about blackrock

Rusker Sulle

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As someone that actively makes novelty metal items with aluminum, copper, tin and iron by using an electric kiln, I can say with certainty that I have never "lost" metal ore when I have attempted to smelt down some iron rocks.

In game, my miner is 105 with gloves. I feel that at this level of skill, failing and losing (somehow) the higher-end ore shouldn't be possible. No other resource gathering mechanic works like this. Lumberjacks and skinners do not see half of what they gather randomly vanish. So why is it this way with mining/smelting? Let us keep what we find, please.

Blackrock. A very(formerly) powerful item in the UO universe, but now it carpets the ground in caves and Felucca Cove. The only use for it now is for turn-in points and for tamers pet buffs, of all things. Can we give it a wider use now, please? I'd love to see a blackrock infused weapon and armor. Also let alchemists put a dab-hand to the rock to see what devastating tinctures they can make with it.

Well that's my thoughts for today. Agree or disagree?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agree... let alch make armegeddon pots... with 120 magery, 75% chance to blow yourself up( insta kill), 25% chance instakill your oppenent... be so worth 1 shotting peeps that way

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Agree... let alch make armegeddon pots... with 120 magery, 75% chance to blow yourself up( insta kill), 25% chance instakill your oppenent... be so worth 1 shotting peeps that way
Hmm suicide potions you mean? Not such a good idea, wasted code for an item people would not use.
Better use of coding time would be possibly to use black rock fragments to imbue "unusual properties" on items such as "bane" property on weapons, or other possibly useful mod on weapon or armor or ring?