• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Too bad I was solo ...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I take my mage to the Moonglow cemetery to wreak havoc every so often. I get an insane delight standing outside and flamefielding the crud outta the denizens. A few ebolts on the shades, etc. I'm weird ... sue me.

So, tonight I figured, "let me see what the named skels are like, the butcher if he shows" ... and so forth. Well, the named skels take a beating. I had a firefield that they were in, 2 ev's on one of them and was e-bolting anything that cast at me (wraiths, etc). Kept replacing the ev when one dispelled.

Then the butcher shows his ugly face. This was my first experience as a mage with this guy and man, what a blast I was having. Until I did some damage and he spawned some revenants. Okay ... that's a bit much, so I booked it and went to the house.

This is my first ever true mage (no parry, no weapons) since I started with T2A. Luckily my suit is decent enough with a good mana supply to keep me going. Nothing but a smile for the run, but most fun in a long time.

Suit specs (still needs work):
Capped resists (uncapped: 115-92-125-108-128)
INT+ / Mana+: 26 / 41
MR: 13
LMC: 56 (overcapped)
LRC: 108
FC / FCR: 2 / 8 (yup ... overcapped here too)
Stats - STR / INT / Dex: 125 / 100 / 35 (with mods - 112 HP, 167 Mana, 35 Dex)

A bit of help from magic reflect. <shrug> GM meditation if I'd needed it. Eval 106+ (target 120), Resist 100, Magery 95+ (target 120), Poisoning 80, GM Inscription, Wrestling 59+ (really needs work, huh).

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ughhh I hate revenants, they scare the bejeesus out of me LOL the number of times they chased me all over the country-side, horrible things!
I noticed last night on Europa someone was dragging spawn from Brit Cemetery into Town, this is not a nice thing to do and innocent people at the bank could die, crafters, cooks, beggars etc. especially at Bank Meet time, there are people who can't easily defend themselves.
Please have a bit of consideration for the young and less offensively capable! :D

Kreskin

Adventurer
You can dispel Revenants, it makes things easier :)
Normally that would hold true. However, last night I had a difficult time trying to do that. My archer handled them with no problem. I don't usually have difficulty like this with those buggers.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have Chiv you can use Dispell Evil to get rid of Revenants... that's what I use most often.

Galethien

Visitor
Is anybody using Archer in the Dungeon? I have tried making several bows out of the infused wood, but can't get a decent bow, it will not let me make anything above a bow such as composite bow. I have tried using fletch runic which cancels out the infuse and is no good against the creature. Any ideas or advice? With the name skeleton's which seamed to be ramped up this year what are archer using for those?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is anybody using Archer in the Dungeon? I have tried making several bows out of the infused wood, but can't get a decent bow, it will not let me make anything above a bow such as composite bow. I have tried using fletch runic which cancels out the infuse and is no good against the creature. Any ideas or advice? With the name skeleton's which seamed to be ramped up this year what are archer using for those?
You can make a plain wood bow and reforge then imbue. Composite for AI. Reforge to get a 100% elemental first if you want.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP, create a macro to cast Mass Dispel and target yourself. This gets rid of them every time.

Kreskin

Adventurer
To the OP, create a macro to cast Mass Dispel and target yourself. This gets rid of them every time.
Not to zerg from op, but I was doing that on my mage and no luck. Went to doom and worked every time. My archer can dispel with no issue. *shrug*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never seen mass dispel fail unless the revenant is too far from where you click .

Kreskin

Adventurer
I've never seen mass dispel fail unless the revenant is too far from where you click .
Nor I, but that annoying thing was so close I thought about proposing marriage. Tram and fel this happened, and just ones from the bastards in the cems. I'll try again later today, it could have just been a bad day for kreskin... Which in all fairness, happens a lot lol

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have Chiv you can use Dispell Evil to get rid of Revenants... that's what I use most often.
only works if you attack the revenant or it's attacking you.

revenants can't resist dispel from weapons or spell-casting. literally the only thing "Hit Dispel" works on.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did not know that. I'll try it out tonight. I wanna have some more fun! <evil grin> And at least 2 had me targeted.

Last edited:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I should mention this mage was built starting about July 23rd. I can only be ingame about 2 or 3 nights a week and then only for a couple hours. Other web-related stuff takes my time. I'll admit to pulling resist from my paladin via stone but that's about it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mages don't need magic resist in pvm. We have apples now.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mages don't need magic resist in pvm. We have apples now.
None found in vendor search and just simply crawling thru various shops I haunt. Might be they are out of stock, in which case resist is handy. No?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have them on me. I rarely use them because weaken does not affect me. I have 10 Dex. The mana reduction is not a big deal. Bless equals them out.

Paralyze does not last long. I have a spell to end poison instantly.

Replace that resist with 120 spell weaving and kill stuff.