• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would you buy PS and or gold from UO store

Would you buy PS and or Gold from UO store

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lets expand on this further Joe Spawner has been doing spawns for all his 18 years in UO how many 120 wrestling's has he gotten in that total time?? and let's say ATL has 1000 players with 200 tamers even if they only had one pet each that's 200 120 wrestling PS what are the odds of getting 200 of the same PS through normal spawning even if done 24/7?? Now i'm of the belief ten of us at random could visit a certain avatars site and each order a 120 wrestling PS on the same shard and have them in the hour again what are the odds??? So to fool yourself into thinking ghat these things are getting farmed is insane and again i ask two questions why has EA/BS not shut down these sites and why have they not decided to join them and rake in the coin since they have not...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who thinks the bulk items are legit? Whether on a website or in Traders Hall.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why PS the answer is because you already can buy them dirt cheap really on RMT sites you have been able to for years again i ask how will EA/BS selling them be any different and if your argument is that someone farmed the ones that are available on RMT sites you are delusional the sheer odds of having every in demand scroll available all the time are overwhelming .....
thanks was just wondering I don't follow. goto or buy from rmt sites so no idea what they sell.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what the question is but the only reason power scrolls are expensive is because pets can eat them. Otherwise only Magery and Tactics would be above 10M.
was wondering why he wanted them sold in the uo store. I'm behind in everything uo lol

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
thanks was just wondering I don't follow. goto or buy from rmt sites so no idea what they sell.
you dont have to go to any of them Avatar1 through Avatar797867 is happy to tell you once an hour. now do not get me wrong some days on my quiet shard of Origin Avatar is the only one in group chat :gee: But it seems to me that IF EA/BS wanted to stop such things it would be easy enough for them to just ban his account after ever message in chat I mean it's not like he is hiding in that alley behind brit bank....

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AvatarXXX just makes new accounts within mins of having one closed.
IP bans are easy to get around. There's no truly effective way to ban players in most MMOs.
Account bans? Sure, but keeping actual players out? No, not really.

So UO should hire someone 23hr a day to simply ban a handful of RMT players? I'd rather they keep
working on content, bug fixes, & new expansion R&D. Paying someone to delete these RMT characters
is highly cost ineffective. This is nothing new that hasn't been discussed ad nauseam.

When paged on a few times, these AvatarXXX characters get booted. GMs do respond & do can these turkeys.
UO relies heavily on players reporting such incidences so they can take action. They simply do not have the
time nor man power to do this themselves w/o neglecting core game issues (ie. legit GM help pages.)

Propagating the erroneous belief that UO condones or supports RMT site players has been going
on for yrs w/o any proof of any kind despite being directly refuted by UO/Broadsword. This theory
is usually supported by players which use RMT services and/or the RMT sites themselves.

I will not :talktothehand: drink your Kool-Aid :pint:

I didn't really want to debate this just was curious about what people would do.
Posting a poll on public forums asking a question tends to lead to some debate. :heart:

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AvatarXXX just makes new accounts within mins of having one closed.
IP bans are easy to get around. There's no truly effective way to ban players in most MMOs.
Account bans? Sure, but keeping actual players out? No, not really.

So UO should hire someone 23hr a day to simply ban a handful of RMT players? I'd rather they keep
working on content, bug fixes, & new expansion R&D. Paying someone to delete these RMT characters
is highly cost ineffective. This is nothing new that hasn't been discussed ad nauseam.

When paged on a few times, these AvatarXXX characters get booted. GMs do respond & do can these turkeys.
UO relies heavily on players reporting such incidences so they can take action. They simply do not have the
time nor man power to do this themselves w/o neglecting core game issues (ie. legit GM help pages.)

Propagating the erroneous belief that UO condones or supports RMT site players has been going
on for yrs w/o any proof of any kind despite being directly refuted by UO/Broadsword. This theory
is usually supported by players which use RMT services and/or the RMT sites themselves.

I will not :talktothehand: drink your Kool-Aid :pint:

Posting a poll on public forums asking a question tends to lead to some debate. :heart:
Oh if they really wanted "him" to stop and the site be shut down, they could do it with one e-mail to EA.
EA will prosecute ANYONE who is "stealing money" from themselves or the games they own, they are very good at it too.
3rd party RMT sites don't tend to last long when $100k upwards of fines and jail-time are an actual option.
The fact that he still operates after many years, still using the same web address only goes to prove that Broadsword are actually the ones supplying the site and taking a cut.
As we know, anything bought from the origin shop (sovereigns) goes directly into EA's wallet and UO gets none as they only "caretake" the game from salaries.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you dont have to go to any of them Avatar1 through Avatar797867 is happy to tell you once an hour. now do not get me wrong some days on my quiet shard of Origin Avatar is the only one in group chat :gee: But it seems to me that IF EA/BS wanted to stop such things it would be easy enough for them to just ban his account after ever message in chat I mean it's not like he is hiding in that alley behind brit bank....
don't do chat to distracting never get anything done to much like a soap opera

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I occasionally buy things, but only if the item is such a PITA (pain in the ....) that it's not feasible to get otherwise. Never from a spammer. Sometimes the item is such a grind or is just plain unattainable. I can't get some items as a working professional/casual.

Every time I see in-game spam though, it makes me not want to buy anything from any RMT! The consistent daily spam makes me much less likely to buy anything unless it's from EA directly to help keep UO going. Since UO is F2P now they really need to put the stuff the RMT's make the most money on in their store to help keep UO going.

The problem with buying stuff from "gamers" for money is the more profit they make, the more unscrupulous people it attracts. If there is money to be made spammers, hackers, dupers, exploiters, overseas slave labor, etc. get involved and that is bad for everyone.

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh if they really wanted "him" to stop and the site be shut down, they could do it with one e-mail to EA.
EA will prosecute ANYONE who is "stealing money" from themselves or the games they own, they are very good at it too.
3rd party RMT sites don't tend to last long when $100k upwards of fines and jail-time are an actual option.
The fact that he still operates after many years, still using the same web address only goes to prove that Broadsword are actually the ones supplying the site and taking a cut.
As we know, anything bought from the origin shop (sovereigns) goes directly into EA's wallet and UO gets none as they only "caretake" the game from salaries.
EA stopped taking action yrs ago. Last time they did was a cease and desist to EBay as far as I know. International law is a costly pain to navigate & one of the biggest RMT sites was stationed in India. I’d guess none are in the US or at least not registered there even if they do function in the US. The games inability to stop them proves nothing. If you have some inside info regarding this do share, otherwise it’s all hearsay & speculation.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, I occasionally buy things, but only if the item is such a PITA (pain in the ....) that it's not feasible to get otherwise. Never from a spammer. Sometimes the item is such a grind or is just plain unattainable. I can't get some items as a working professional/casual.

Every time I see in-game spam though, it makes me not want to buy anything from any RMT! The consistent daily spam makes me much less likely to buy anything unless it's from EA directly to help keep UO going. Since UO is F2P now they really need to put the stuff the RMT's make the most money on in their store to help keep UO going.

The problem with buying stuff from "gamers" for money is the more profit they make, the more unscrupulous people it attracts. If there is money to be made spammers, hackers, dupers, exploiters, overseas slave labor, etc. get involved and that is bad for everyone.
That's the real truth of it... this guy wouldn't spam every shard 24/7 if it didn't make him tons of money... So someone is obviously buying from him or he would have quit bothering years ago.

I too feel the same way about spammers in game... if I see their book trash littering the area in front of my Luna house I pick up that trash and toss it... years ago I used to just go around and inscribe one of our RP promotional books over the book spam left all over everywhere... the min I'd see him come back I'd go out and rewrite them all... it became an overly tedious task.

I asked Mesanna about this guy once and was told they spent a good amount of time continually deleting his characters and accounts but he'd be right back at it in no time. As for EA prosecuting the guy... my guess is that the people at Broadsword would like to keep a low profile from EA to keep them from shutting us down. Since most the time they don't even acknowledge that they have a game called Ultima Online.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see why anyone at all buys from the spammer, he is loads higher priced than some other sites, who are more reputable, so I am told

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets expand on this further Joe Spawner has been doing spawns for all his 18 years in UO how many 120 wrestling's has he gotten in that total time?? and let's say ATL has 1000 players with 200 tamers even if they only had one pet each that's 200 120 wrestling PS what are the odds of getting 200 of the same PS through normal spawning even if done 24/7?? Now i'm of the belief ten of us at random could visit a certain avatars site and each order a 120 wrestling PS on the same shard and have them in the hour again what are the odds??? So to fool yourself into thinking ghat these things are getting farmed is insane and again i ask two questions why has EA/BS not shut down these sites and why have they not decided to join them and rake in the coin since they have not...
If they are getting duped that's a problem that needs to be addressed. I mean you understand how duping hurts the game right? If they sold the items directly it would hurt the game in exactly the same way. I'm sorry, it's not a good idea. I know you are super gung ho trying to find new ways for the game to milk us, but it would only cause problems.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the real truth of it... this guy wouldn't spam every shard 24/7 if it didn't make him tons of money... So someone is obviously buying from him or he would have quit bothering years ago.
Spamming shards takes zero of this person's time or effort. It's just a macro. As for they must be making a lot of money... I've seen people do more work that that for very small amounts of cash. That doesn't mean they aren't, I honestly can't say, but...
I'm sure they make some decent money, but I'd bet it's probably just a side hustle. Not many people play the game anymore, and only some portion of them are going to be willing to buy stuff with rl cash on the regular.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If they are getting duped that's a problem that needs to be addressed. I mean you understand how duping hurts the game right? If they sold the items directly it would hurt the game in exactly the same way. I'm sorry, it's not a good idea. I know you are super gung ho trying to find new ways for the game to milk us, but it would only cause problems.
yes duping bad !! and it's not that i am gung ho about this but two points
1. it is happening a lot for a long time and it is foolish for EA/BS to not stop and take the money for themselves
2. having these things levels the playing field for the casual player time is money if you have two hours twice a week to play do you really want to spend it grinding? and there is no winning UO ever even if you bought with RL money every PS you still only get so many skill points and you still have to go out and do something

I think it's assumed that i do or would buy these things which does bother or matter to me my way of playing UO would probly be very boring to others
i don't PVP (OK i might be trying to learn)
i have never done doom
i have never done a peerless
i have never done the roof
I don't min max my character stats
i don't have a sampire
my imbuer still not finished
I hunt Hiyrus
i like to mine,fish,chop wood
i like to sneak through spawns and bother the spawners
I pretend to deco

the point is i do not really need LEET items

this whole argument is really like Americas war on drugs and we know how that has gone.....

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this whole argument is really like Americas war on drugs and we know how that has gone.....
So WTF is the point of bringing it up in the first place? If you want to buy PS or whatever, use RMT sites. Who cares about who is making the money?

Actually, come to think of it, I would rather support poor people in India or wherever than BS/EA. Even if the RMT people are located in a developed country (which is doubtful), I think they deserve it more.

Merth

Journeyman
yes duping bad !! and it's not that i am gung ho about this but two points
1. it is happening a lot for a long time and it is foolish for EA/BS to not stop and take the money for themselves
2. having these things levels the playing field for the casual player time is money if you have two hours twice a week to play do you really want to spend it grinding? and there is no winning UO ever even if you bought with RL money every PS you still only get so many skill points and you still have to go out and do something

I think it's assumed that i do or would buy these things which does bother or matter to me my way of playing UO would probly be very boring to others
i don't PVP (OK i might be trying to learn)
i have never done doom
i have never done a peerless
i have never done the roof
I don't min max my character stats
i don't have a sampire
my imbuer still not finished
I hunt Hiyrus
i like to mine,fish,chop wood
i like to sneak through spawns and bother the spawners
I pretend to deco

the point is i do not really need LEET items

My play style is similiar as well. I refuse to use RMT sites for several reasons. I dont trust them mainly. I would absolutely buy stuff like PS’s from official store. Pay to win? No. Pay to play. Maybe to do some of the things I’d like to check out but dont want (or have the time) to grind out (again). Ive already bought 5000 sovereigns in less than a month and will probably buy another 5000 soon. Yes I have more disposable income but also less time than I had 20 yrs ago.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only things UO should sell are upgardes to accounts, expansions and vanity items.

oh you want to ride an air baloon? we now offer that as a vanity item in the store...