• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Two things I find funny.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Frist one is last night there was a em event. I got no drop like always. Today i see a vendor with 3 on it. Hmm makes you think.

Second thing today I am in Khaldun and see 4 or 5 chars moveing and casting spell all at the same time. Spoke to one and all the chars said the same thing at the same time. Hmm makes you think.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Report this person as this is against the ToS
If we report nothing happens. Its just lije the guy in chat talking about the one web site that selling for cash.

If we lose to many of the qccounts they pay for what will happen to the game

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If we report nothing happens. Its just lije the guy in chat talking about the one web site that selling for cash.

You gotta keep trying since they basically went to the trouble of saying that multiboxing is against the ToS and announcing they will ban people doing it I say report them... and if the person continues complain loudly that nothing is being done because they said they would take care of it.. so hold them to it.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Does it really matter what would happen? If the game closes you feel sad about it and move on to a new game or not... If they don't do something about, they'll continue to lose subs by legitimate players due to their frustration and eventually the game will close and people will move on or not.

It's just a question of if you are going to pull the bandage off slowly or with a quick jerk and get it over with, either way it's going to hurt.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Yes, it is best to do nothing in-game, but come here to complain. PAGE!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Certainly come here, but there are official forums as well. Whatever is posted about this there might well "disappear" or be locked but if the situation continues, so should the paging and posting.

Def page first ... even 2 or 3 times. Remind GM Devs have stated it's against ToS. If no action then post on official forums and even point out paging seems to not make a difference.

One hell of a way to poke a stick into the cage, but if you're willing, please go for it!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Certainly come here, but there are official forums as well. Whatever is posted about this there might well "disappear" or be locked but if the situation continues, so should the paging and posting.

Def page first ... even 2 or 3 times. Remind GM Devs have stated it's against ToS. If no action then post on official forums and even point out paging seems to not make a difference.

One hell of a way to poke a stick into the cage, but if you're willing, please go for it!
I do.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think they only get banned right away if they are on EJ, if they are paying then it will probably only be a temporary ban at best, they have never said that they would perma-ban paying accounts.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
What I found funny is its far safer doing the fel side for the hidden treasures then the tram side, every time I checked the tram side its a four candle in the champ area (where the best hidden treasures are found) yet the fel side nothing, except the four thiefs checking it (LOL) We are our worse nightmare as everytime our keen senses tell us to check we reveal each other (LOL).

redman2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see it as long as the multiboxer isn't trolling other players, what do I care? If that person really got 3 events items on their characters, that means they are paying for UO and I say more power to em for keepin' UO in business.

Your first example just sounds like complaining and wanting to blame someone. I've gotten 3 items from an EM event before on a single character. I was lucky enough to participate in each boss kill and was blessed by the RNG gods that night. Its also possible that user bought them off other players and is reselling at a higher price.

Your second example is pretty obvious that it was simply a group of friends all playing together in the same house. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I see it as long as the multiboxer isn't trolling other players, what do I care? If that person really got 3 events items on their characters, that means they are paying for UO and I say more power to em for keepin' UO in business.

Your first example just sounds like complaining and wanting to blame someone. I've gotten 3 items from an EM event before on a single character. I was lucky enough to participate in each boss kill and was blessed by the RNG gods that night. Its also possible that user bought them off other players and is reselling at a higher price.

Your second example is pretty obvious that it was simply a group of friends all playing together in the same house. ;)
I care because it's hurting the economy and hurting the other players ability to do things... while they are out there wiping through things other players can't even compete. It's unfair and it's against all that UO is... greedy sobs ruin the game for everyone else.

They aren't people in the same house they are one person using 4 to 5 accounts all tied to one keyboard and one mouse moving in unison.. speaking in unison and casting, throwing whatever all in unison... They are NOT Helping the keep the game going they are pissing off the other players and making people quit as they are fed up with the cheating... and trying to compete against such cheats they quit. It's driving legit decent players from the game... that is the bottom line. Soon all that will be left in UO is all the greedy sobs like that.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm wondering how it can be possible to get 3 EM drops on one character...also I think some people might still be confused about what multi-boxing is, or they are pretending to be confused because they are multi-boxing....not sure! :rolleyes:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you cannot miss seeing them at events, hard to miss seeing 4-5 char all moving as one character. All Casting that same spell, at the same time, most I have seen and reported were archers/chiv, your game screen runs wild with chiv commands flying.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Stop buying rares. Quit feeding the system you hate. Let them lose money as that stuff sits unsold on vendors, forums, and auction safes. If they can't sell it to anyone for any price, those types of players will find new things to do. The community has the power to stop duping, multi-boxing, and rares profiteering by not supporting it. What's so cool about some stupid re-named, re-hued item anyway that it's worth your time, attention, and all the gold you earned legitimately?

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
EM event drops should bind to your character when they drop in your pack, the only good reason for being there is to take part in a community event and the drop is or should be just a memento of that event.
Bad idea What's next then? Scrolls? Everything?

If you are not getting drops at events you do stuff wrong.

Take more accounts. Other template or simply wait for your guaranteed drop

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I haven't gone to any EM events for quite a while, there would be no point. The multi-boxers and people screaming at the EM have sucked all the fun from them.
That´s part of their strategy.
Make it so normal players don´t want to attend the events so there´s no competition and they get all the drops. Just put them on ignore, page on the multi-boxers and enjoy the events.
Give them some competition.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Tjalle I tried that, you should see my ignore list...let's just say it's pretty extensive... :D

Syncros

Adventurer
Went to a few EM events and while sorta fun (even better when you get a drop) it would be a lot better if you could see and hear the EM players over the other players/pets.
The chat window just gets spammed so fast you cant even catch what has been said.

Also sucks to have a fellow guildie that steals the drop out of your bag from a system that should be protecting you against such grief in the first place. You know like a toggle that allows a guildie to attack or steal from you while in Trammel...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That sucks, I think you need to find better quality guild-mates...:(

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I don’t like crowds. EM events are like Walmart on Black Friday. Ruins the immersion and experience. We can’t have nice things like a real seer experience due to the greedy grab ass Atlantic rares community and their cabal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syncros

Adventurer
That sucks, I think you need to find better quality guild-mates...:(
It happened in a new player/return player guild, the kind where everyone helped each other and did hunts together.

Yea it's unfortunate some players took advantage of the situation for their own benefit but IMO the actions shouldn't have ever been possible and its been going on pretty much since Trammel was created.
What's the devs action towards curbing it, nothing but saying something like you said. How many players quit again because of their lack of inaction....

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've seen the same kind of behaviour myself, some people will take advantage of others kindness and have no problem burning their bridges.
I do agree though that it shouldn't be possible, it doesn't encourage trust and co-operative play really.
Of course if that item had bound to your account when it dropped then they couldn't have taken it! :D