• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Kind of silly question..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So if you have your caddelite infused fishy, then you can chop it to fish steaks, how do you convert to caddelite infused tasty treats? Do you need to be a cook?

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I am wondering the same thing here. But haven’t researched much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Yes its cooking skill under barbeque, 60 skill to make them. 50% chance at 80 skill.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It really is a job for a GM cook with a decent talisman (20% or more). I made over 60 of them yesterday; still have 150 charges left on the fishing pole that my 120 Fisher is using (debating on whether to go to deep water for that last trip).

The up-side of deep water means the chance for more fish steaks from big fish
The down side is serpents taking up slots otherwise occupied by fish, and you have to make sure there's no CI fish steaks in your pack when skinning regular serpents, or regular steaks when cutting up the CI fish.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please explain to me (in painful detail) how/what needs to be done to get Cad. Tasty Treats?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Can someone please explain to me (in painful detail) how/what needs to be done to get Cad. Tasty Treats?
You will need the following skills:
  • Fishing (any skill level works, the higher the better)
  • Cooking (GM Cooking + 20% Talisman recommended, otherwise you can lose materials)
You need to do the following:
  1. From the Khaldun camp in T2A, buy a Caddellite Fishing Pole from the Tinker Vendor
  2. Equip the Fishing Pole and go find water (Papua Docks work well)
  3. Use Fishing Pole in the water to Fish up Caddellite Infused Fish (you must fish in T2A)
  4. Use any axe to cut up the Caddellite Fish into Caddellite Infused Fish Steaks
  5. Fish until you have a sufficient amount of Caddellite Fisk Steaks (40 makes 1 treat)
  6. Go back to the Khaldun camp and use any cooking tool and go to the "Barbecue" section
  7. Select "Khaldun Tasty Treat" and make the item (make sure you have your 20%+ cooking talisman equipped)
  8. If all goes well, you should make a Caddellite Infused Tasty Treat that is a blue/green color
The most important thing to remember for any Caddellite crafting (whether treats, weapons, or spellbooks), you Must do the crafting in the Khaldun Camp with Caddellite Infused materials.

If your treats craft in a reddish color, or do not say "Caddellite Infused" and "*For Pets Only*", then you missed a step above.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think there's a bit more to the above

4. Any bladed weapon can be used to make the fish steaks, not just an axe. However, there were reports that to make the proper fish steaks, you had to cut up the fish IN THE CAMP outside the dungeon entrance, if not in the actual cooking hut. As a result, I've not tried it anywhere else. Note that the raw fish steaks (and maybe the fish as well) can combine with normal ones, ruining them.

Also, the Fishing and Cooking do not have to be on the same character. You can fish on your fisher in the seas of the Lost Lands, store the fish in the hold (or at home), log out, then take the Cook to retrieve the fish, and from there to the camp to cut them up and cook.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran

4. Any bladed weapon can be used to make the fish steaks, not just an axe. However, there were reports that to make the proper fish steaks, you had to cut up the fish IN THE CAMP outside the dungeon entrance, if not in the actual cooking hut. As a result, I've not tried it anywhere else. Note that the raw fish steaks (and maybe the fish as well) can combine with normal ones, ruining them.

Also, the Fishing and Cooking do not have to be on the same character. You can fish on your fisher in the seas of the Lost Lands, store the fish in the hold (or at home), log out, then take the Cook to retrieve the fish, and from there to the camp to cut them up and cook.
Yes, any bladed weapon will work, I just chose to simplify by saying an Axe. You can cut up the fish anywhere, it doesn't have to be in camp. Since the fish are so heavy, I cut them up as I catch them and store them in a Giant Beetle.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My fisherman cuts up the fish as he gets them, they turn to Cadellite, made 3 bunches of Tasty Treats (80 total) with no problem. Have done both stream fishing for shore fish and on a boat for deep water fish and they all act the same, no difference when cut, and they will all stack with each other.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
FYI, last night I used a Caddellite Infused Tasty Treat on a pet, had about 10 minutes left on the timer, changed pets, and the effect continued to work on the new pet even though I never fed him the treat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope that works all the time. I changed spellbooks and I stayed infused but couldn't repeat it later.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Test it out and let us know if you have the same experience. The odd thing is the buff icon still showed the name of the previous pet that I traded out.