• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Loot

Merth

Journeyman
i think the hardest thing for me returning is the difference in loot now. Is there a guide somewhere that explains levels of loot. For instance im seeing lesser magic item, minor magic, greater magic, minor artifact etc do these things have significant meaning or is it still depend in stats, resists etc? And what about brittle, splinter etc? Very confusing...has anyone made a guide?

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Merth

Journeyman
Random Magic Item Generation System - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

and because I like Mariah at www.uo.com, I went to the effort of finding their list.

Magic Item Properties – Ultima Online

I think Mariah does a great job - I personally do have issues finding stuff on their Wiki.
I am not so used to the Index function, find it hard to use.
I've mentioned this to her before, I'm not saying anything unknown.
Thanks! It feels like you need to be an expert just to determine whats worth keeping.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! It feels like you need to be an expert just to determine whats worth keeping.
It's not too hard to get a hold of really once you recognize what the good mods are for mage/not mage. Generally though, most items below artifact level, and almost all weapons (unless you are looking for pvp weapons) are just unravvel fodder.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Single over capped moded pieces can be of value (such as a ring with only ssi 10)

Merth

Journeyman
It's not too hard to get a hold of really once you recognize what the good mods are for mage/not mage. Generally though, most items below artifact level, and almost all weapons (unless you are looking for pvp weapons) are just unravvel fodder.
are the unravel ingredients random or same for each type of item?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
are the unravel ingredients random or same for each type of item?
The stuff you get from unraveling is dependent on the level of your imbuer, whether that imbuer is a gargoyle or not what forge you use... and how high the item is in terms of it's weight (not physical weight but the weight of the stats and bonuses and resists and all on the item)..... The higher the weight the more likely you are to get relic fragments and the more of them you get when you unravel it.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 87497 would this be considered good?
Here is the main issue : Its Antique. Which means it wears out fast... like really fast. You will need to repair it 10x faster than your normal items and even faster if you are a melee character.

Second all of those mods are ones you can easily imbue. I can make you a non-antique version of that in about 5 minutes.

For loot you want a desired combo of mods (lots of spell casting mods, or for melee characters HCI and DCI and SSI) and you'd like it to have more mods than you can imbue or overcapped mods.

Examples :

You cannot imubue SSI on Rings or braces. So if you need that mod - loot is the only way to go.
HCI and DCI can be imbued up to 15% each. Loot can spawn with up to 20% HCI and 20% DCI on ring/brace. Find a ring with 20% of both and probably sell for a plat or more if it has good fighting mods and/or SSI on it.

Most weapons are junk as loot. The exception is good Splintering weapons (20%).
The rest of the weapons dont have the mods you want so you are better to imbue.

For armor - be looking again for overcapped mods and many of them. Some of the artifact loot is a bit crazy. You cannot craft things that good. See the picture for a couple of items in this nature.

Legs : This is brittle so it can't be enhanced with special metal for more mods - but it already has boosted Physical, Fire, Cold, POison and energy resist along with 5 other mods. Two of which you can't imbue - Intelligence and Mana regen. I'm not saying this is an over the top piece - but can be one component to a very good mage suit. You'd want higher LMC and LRC if you could get it but that is a high resist piece that would allow you to craft lower resist pieces around it that have the other mods very high. That piece could be maybe 100k or 200k worth.

Tribal mask - 6 mods plus 3 resist mods - thats 9 mods. YOu can only imbue 5. The mana increase of 10 is max and more than you and imbue (8). The intellegence you can't imbue. LMC and LRC is max imbuable (although loot can go up to 25% lrc and 10% lmc). Another item thats probably 200 or 300k to the right person.

Attachments

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the main issue : Its Antique. Which means it wears out fast... like really fast. You will need to repair it 10x faster than your normal items and even faster if you are a melee character.

Second all of those mods are ones you can easily imbue. I can make you a non-antique version of that in about 5 minutes.

For loot you want a desired combo of mods (lots of spell casting mods, or for melee characters HCI and DCI and SSI) and you'd like it to have more mods than you can imbue or overcapped mods.

Examples :

You cannot imubue SSI on Rings or braces. So if you need that mod - loot is the only way to go.
HCI and DCI can be imbued up to 15% each. Loot can spawn with up to 20% HCI and 20% DCI on ring/brace. Find a ring with 20% of both and probably sell for a plat or more if it has good fighting mods and/or SSI on it.

Most weapons are junk as loot. The exception is good Splintering weapons (20%).
The rest of the weapons dont have the mods you want so you are better to imbue.

For armor - be looking again for overcapped mods and many of them. Some of the artifact loot is a bit crazy. You cannot craft things that good. See the picture for a couple of items in this nature.

Legs : This is brittle so it can't be enhanced with special metal for more mods - but it already has boosted Physical, Fire, Cold, POison and energy resist along with 5 other mods. Two of which you can't imbue - Intelligence and Mana regen. I'm not saying this is an over the top piece - but can be one component to a very good mage suit. You'd want higher LMC and LRC if you could get it but that is a high resist piece that would allow you to craft lower resist pieces around it that have the other mods very high. That piece could be maybe 100k or 200k worth.

Tribal mask - 6 mods plus 3 resist mods - thats 9 mods. YOu can only imbue 5. The mana increase of 10 is max and more than you and imbue (8). The intellegence you can't imbue. LMC and LRC is max imbuable (although loot can go up to 25% lrc and 10% lmc). Another item thats probably 200 or 300k to the right person.
Great writeup! Though I am pretty sure you can enhance brittle pieces. Just can't pof them....