• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question About Need for Caddelite-Infused Spellbook(s)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone clarify please what you will need to have equipped or in your backpack in order to use magery, necromancy, spellweaving, or mysticism if you want to be able to cast any of those types of spells in Khaldun?

Can you cast spells from any of those skills as long as you have a caddelite-infused magery spellbook in your backpack? I thought I read that somewhere and it has me a bit confused. Or do you need to have an equipped caddelite-infused magery spellbook to cast magery spells, an equipped caddelite-infused necromancy spellbook to cast necromancy spells, an equipped caddelite-infused mysticism spellbook to cast mysticism spells, and you won't be able to use spellweaving at all since those spellbooks aren't craftable?

Also, does the need to have a caddelite-infused spellbook either in your pack or equipped apply to ANY spells you cast in the dungeon or just to spells cast on dungeon monsters? In other words, do you need to have a caddelite-infused spellbook if you're only going in the dungeon as a support character who will only cast skills on your own character or other players' characters? For example, would you be able to cure your character or inviz your own character using magery if your character doesn't have a caddelite-infused spellbook?

Sorry if this is redundant. I just haven't been able to find very clear information on this point. Thanks.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You need a caddellite spellbook equipped. If it's not equipped, it will not allow you to damage the mobs. So one caddellite magery equipped book will allow you to cast any offensive spells against the mob and damage them, as long as you have that corresponding spellbook in your pack. You will still be able to cast buffs and heal spells on people without the caddellite spellbook equipped, however caddellite mobs will be able to damage you still.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a caddellite spellbook equipped. If it's not equipped, it will not allow you to damage the mobs. So one caddellite magery equipped book will allow you to cast any offensive spells against the mob and damage them, as long as you have that corresponding spellbook in your pack. You will still be able to cast buffs and heal spells on people without the caddellite spellbook equipped, however caddellite mobs will be able to damage you still.
So if you want to use necromancy spells to damage mobs, you have to have a caddelite-infused necromancy spellbook equipped? And if you want to use spellweaving spells against mobs, forget it because there's no way to get caddelite-infused spellweaving spellbooks?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So if you want to use necromancy spells to damage mobs, you have to have a caddelite-infused necromancy spellbook equipped? And if you want to use spellweaving spells against mobs, forget it because there's no way to get caddelite-infused spellweaving spellbooks?
No, just a magery spellbook. When you have a Caddellite "Weapon" equipped (Melee Weapon, Ranged Weapon, or Spellbook) you get a buff on your character that shows you are "Caddellite Infused". Having this buff on your character is sufficient enough to be allowed to damage the Khaldun mobs. As long as you are holding a Caddellite Spellbook in your hand, any spells regardless of type (Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy, Spellweaving, etc.) will be able to damage the Khaldun mobs.

The only caveat to this is pet classes. A pet class needs to not only have a Caddellite Spellbook equipped to do damage with spells, but their pet must also be infused with a "Khaldun Tasty Treat" in order for the pet to do damage as well.

What @Khaelor meant above by "as long as you have the corresponding spellbook in your pack" was just a reference to having ANY Necromancy spellbook in your backpack in order to cast those spells, etc. The books in your pack just need to be normal books.

Tina Small said:
In other words, do you need to have a caddelite-infused spellbook if you're only going in the dungeon as a support character who will only cast skills on your own character or other players' characters? For example, would you be able to cure your character or inviz your own character using magery if your character doesn't have a caddelite-infused spellbook?
You do not need to be Caddellite infused to cast beneficial spells like healing and invis on others, however you are still susceptible to the spawn and have no way to fight them if you are not infused.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only caveat to this is pet classes. A pet class needs to not only have a Caddellite Spellbook equipped to do damage with spells, but their pet must also be infused with a "Khaldun Tasty Treat" in order for the pet to do damage as well.
???? I don't understand this. How do you equip a spellbook for a pet class?? Does this also mean if your pet uses necromancy or mysticism or spellweaving spells, you have to have a spellbook for that school of spells even if the pet owner doesn't use that skill?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
???? I don't understand this. How do you equip a spellbook for a pet class?? Does this also mean if your pet uses necromancy or mysticism or spellweaving spells, you have to have a spellbook for that school of spells even if the pet owner doesn't use that skill?
I think you are perhaps overthinking this a bit.

The pet's handler (the player character) needs the caddellite spellbook for the player character damage with spells(or weapon if they are a melee character).
In order for the pet to damage, they will need to be fed a caddellite infused tasty treat every 30 minutes.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you are perhaps overthinking this a bit.

The pet's handler (the player character) needs the caddellite spellbook for the player character damage with spells(or weapon if they are a melee character).
In order for the pet to damage, they will need to be fed a caddellite infused tasty treat every 30 minutes.
Thank you for the replies!

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
To be able to bard the monsters you need to have a cad weapon/ spellbook in hand aswell,

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's all very simple....have an infused (Insert item that goes in your hand) equipped...

Tamer with ANY class of magic...equip an infused MAGERY spellbook, feed your pets Khaldun Tasty Treats
Warriors..Infused weapon

Bards will need to use infused instruments.

Doesn't matter if you are mystic, spellweaving, necro, magery...as long as you have the infused MAGERY book IN YOUR HAND and the other mystic/SW/Necro etc books IN YOUR PACK you'll be fine.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's all very simple....have an infused (Insert item that goes in your hand) equipped...

Tamer with ANY class of magic...equip an infused MAGERY spellbook, feed your pets Khaldun Tasty Treats
Warriors..Infused weapon

Bards will need to use infused instruments.

Doesn't matter if you are mystic, spellweaving, necro, magery...as long as you have the infused MAGERY book IN YOUR HAND and the other mystic/SW/Necro etc books IN YOUR PACK you'll be fine.
Gosh I feel like I'm adding to the craziness by asking but...what the heck. So, my tamer is a disco tamer. So to use Disco and let my pet have fun, I have to :

a. Have an infused weapon or spellbook in my hand
b. Feed tasty treat to pet
c. Use infused instrument

Do I need:

(a,b and c)
(a and b only)
(b and c only)

;)

My tamer never casts offensive spells (no eval and just enough mana regen/med to keep consume running).

Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A whole lot of words are used here to say you need any cadallite weapon or book in your hand to do damage to the mobs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gosh I feel like I'm adding to the craziness by asking but...what the heck. So, my tamer is a disco tamer. So to use Disco and let my pet have fun, I have to :

Do I need:

(a,b and c)
(a and b only)
(b and c only)

;)

My tamer never casts offensive spells (no eval and just enough mana regen/med to keep consume running).

Thanks!
All the above.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think they have changed something or maybe I did something wrong. Earlier on test Im pretty sure I couldnt use barding skills without holding a cad item in hand but when I tested it today it was working. So then b and c is the correct answer.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Do I need:

(a,b and c)
(a and b only)
(b and c only)

;)

Thanks!
All the above.
thats actually not correct, he only needs the Khaldun Tasty Treat and the Caddellite infused music instrument.
as he does not use offensive spells on with his magic he does not need a infused spellbook.
(he will just be invising himself and casting the odd heal im assuming like i do)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And on TC the points carry over and you don't need a necklace to enter the camp.

We shall see.

And he needs to use some spells.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks folks! I'll play it safe and add spell books to my prep time. Ugh, more chopping... I thought I was done after I made a batch of tambourines! ;)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So I managed to get myself to GM lumberjacking without my arm falling off and then away I went to get those pesky caddelite infused barks or whatever they are in Lost Lands. Well 500 uses of the special hatchet and thousands of logs later I have no bark at all, a big pile of meteorites but no bark. I had to train Lumberjack on an old account that went over to EJ, I have no room on my paid account for it, please don't tell me that EJ accounts can't get bark and I didn't just waste 3 days for nothing! I am feeling pretty annoyed right now, how can I get the meteorites but no bark? I'm so sad. :(

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I managed to get myself to GM lumberjacking without my arm falling off and then away I went to get those pesky caddelite infused barks or whatever they are in Lost Lands. Well 500 uses of the special hatchet and thousands of logs later I have no bark at all, a big pile of meteorites but no bark. I had to train Lumberjack on an old account that went over to EJ, I have no room on my paid account for it, please don't tell me that EJ accounts can't get bark and I didn't just waste 3 days for nothing! I am feeling pretty annoyed right now, how can I get the meteorites but no bark? I'm so sad. :(
Oh dear.... EJ accounts only get basic resources when mining and chopping so... you will not get bark. If you could get a couple soul stone fragments on your other account you could temporarily swap a skill and ugh... retrain... lumberjacking... :(

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Prince Erik Thanks for the reply, I feel totally gutted now, but at least I won't be wasting any more time on it. :( *goes off to sob in the corner*

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
9-27-180004.jpg
Check out the spell/ready icon for that new one when equipping any infused item, if that is showing you can do damage

Attachments