• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin and Baja Revert

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna just alerted Origin via chat...

Reverting both shards back to 3am 9/14.

upload_2018-9-15_13-33-27.png

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Revert the 35% EP back to 50% on that mask/pendant while you're at it.. maybe more people would participate in this years content.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Converting a house loaded with your valuable items with the click of a button? This process should sound naturally dangerous to anyone that has been with UO for a long time. And we've never heard of anyone testing this during this patch at all.

Anyone would have to be crazy enough to actually trust it would work well. IE: What if you lost certain % of your items because of some unforseen storage limit bug? Or if all your items fall on the ground instead? or they just disappear at all...etc.

Nope, I'm just going to move all my stuff to a temp house first.

Learn to protect your account - Never trust the patch day.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Isnt the revert clos to 35 hours? Now its 3 pm sep 15 and they revert to 3 am sep 14.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
actually i just logged in and its a hell of a lot more than a 8 hour revert.
its at least 24 hours.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i think you guys are right, i think its like a 35 hour revert.
i thought they meant 3am that we just passed, not the day before's 3am!

wow, thats a hit!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They had to go back to until the patch. Whoever changed the first castle prob lost all the stuff on the first floor.

Also those who paid 300M will get a refund.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Havent seen anything llike this in a bit... what a messup, at least it didnt get past Origin.

Someone in another thread commented that Rob Denton said Mesanna would be UO's last producer. Looks like they are trying to make that a self-fulfilling prophecy, the way they are making people mad.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Converting a house loaded with your valuable items with the click of a button? This process should sound naturally dangerous to anyone that has been with UO for a long time. And we've never heard of anyone testing this during this patch at all.
We would have loved to test this on test center, and were planning on it, but they patched TC with the new castles the night before live. Then the prices of the castles on TC... was more than we had at the time there. Them keeping the patch on TC an additional day or two could have saved people a 35 hour revert.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't 'origin' where they actually 'test' once it is off 'test centre' on a live server? You weren't gonna be able to actually 'test' the process on TC as no houses there are full of 6000+ items. I watched one convert on baja and due to massive amounts of granite tiles from previous castle customising and gozas etc when that gets packed it overshoots the lockdown limit by heaps. The actual building replacement was great to watch, one second the old version then the next the 'new'.

It is the packing issue that seems to be the problem.

I think they are going to have to up the 'packing box' to allow say 15000 items on the initial convert which then drops back to the 'legal' 7500 as you unpack it or something to account for it. Either that or people will need to remove every additional goza/granite tile etc that could throw them over the limit, which would be a drag. Most people don't have a spare house to hold a castle load of stuff to move out before the process.

If anyone on siege is doing this when it goes live there and you don't want to toss out your granite items let me know and I will store it for you in a Keep I have that is empty until you get it sorted out. Hopefully the devs will sort it though as the actual 'convert' process was pretty neat. If you get to go watch it in action it is kinda fun.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Isn't 'origin' where they actually 'test' once it is off 'test centre' on a live server? You weren't gonna be able to actually 'test' the process on TC as no houses there are full of 6000+ items.
We actually spent some time transfering over on multiple accounts 1000s of deeds, deco items, granite and other housing stuff. So, yes, we would have been able to actual able test it. :)

We own multiple castle/keeps. We weren't going to think about replacing our homes without testing it on TC first.

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We actually spent some time transfering over on multiple accounts 1000s of deeds, deco items, granite and other housing stuff. So, yes, we would have been able to actual able test it. :)

We own multipel castle/keeps. We weren't going to think about replacing our homes without testing it on TC first.
Still Origin/Baja/Isumo is supposed to be the LIVE test centre, hence why they only release it to those three rather than world wide. It comes with the territory I guess. That was my main point.

On that castle I watched it was due to having well over the legal limit of lockdowns. You would of had to of packed a castle with about 10,000 items to get the same result.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
If anyone on siege is doing this when it goes live there and you don't want to toss out your granite items let me know and I will store it for you in a Keep I have that is empty until you get it sorted out. Hopefully the devs will sort it though as the actual 'convert' process was pretty neat. If you get to go watch it in action it is kinda fun.
of so YOUR the one clogging up all the good housing on siege with empty houses!

shame!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Still Origin/Baja/Isumo is supposed to be the LIVE test centre, hence why they only release it to those three rather than world wide. It comes with the territory I guess. That was my main point.

On that castle I watched it was due to having well over the legal limit of lockdowns. You would of had to of packed a castle with about 10,000 items to get the same result.
Quite sure you could have gotten the same result with less than 10,000 items. And the issue with the first floor improperly packing would have gotten caught. Which is/was the game breaking issue. The dev's have a habit of putting pretty major game altering things as it's hitting Baja/etc without giving a few days on TC to confirm or test the fixes/issues. Seen this several times in the last few patches.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to be a player on those shards and lose 2 days of playing because another day or two wasn't given for some things to be properly tested on test center.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
This whole Castle/Keep contest has been a huge train wreck so far! Why didn't they make a Test Center 2, which would be a copy of Atlantic for testing? Poor Baja and Origin.

Last edited:

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Anyone would have to be crazy enough to actually trust it would work well. IE: What if you lost certain % of your items because of some unforseen storage limit bug? Or if all your items fall on the ground instead? or they just disappear at all...etc.

Nope, I'm just going to move all my stuff to a temp house first.

Learn to protect your account - Never trust the patch day.
Oh thanks call me crazy. I tested it so others wouldn't have to. I could careless if I lost my stuff.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In any generic process, there is "Final Test" that is meant to catch smaller issues, whereas early on there are in-process tests designed to catch Critical / Major issues (ie, show-stoppers). That simple concept obviously does not apply to Ultima Online patch development anymore.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
IF they reverted it 6-7 years, youd have a healthy economy again. HAHAHAHA
Double that time frame and you'd be closer to the mark.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
of so YOUR the one clogging up all the good housing on siege with empty houses!

shame!
Pfft I actually play on the shard and bought that keep not that long ago off an ally for the very reason of waiting for the castle/keep update. Eventually it will be used for events as was the custom I took down :p Unlike all the housing taken up by people that don't even play there.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quite sure you could have gotten the same result with less than 10,000 items. And the issue with the first floor improperly packing would have gotten caught. Which is/was the game breaking issue. The dev's have a habit of putting pretty major game altering things as it's hitting Baja/etc without giving a few days on TC to confirm or test the fixes/issues. Seen this several times in the last few patches.

I'm sorry but I wouldn't want to be a player on those shards and lose 2 days of playing because another day or two wasn't given for some things to be properly tested on test center.
I guess the question with the ground floor not properly packing is was/is it because the packing crate is full? I am not arguing with you, I doubt anyone really knows as it is a whole new process, maybe with the stuff you could transfer over it still wouldn't pack, but to test I think you would have to have over the 7500 limit to see if the same thing happened. It seemed to 'pack' 85% of the stuff in the castle I watched, but the remaining 15% on the ground floor wouldn't of fit into the crate or something. Just not sure if would even be reasonable to ask people to copy over the max castle limit to test for something like this, hence why origin etc gets it first.

Those players know when something comes off test it goes to them for the live test. If they are worried about reverts then either play another shard on those days til the publish goes server wide and any bugs are sorted or just take the risk. They do get the 'reward' also when there isn't a revert in getting a jump on everyone else on new items so I guess it is swings and round-a-bouts.

Yes it is unfortunate but that was the reason for 'Origin' in the first place. Not sure when Baja and Izumo got thrown into the mix. Didn't it used to just go to Origin?