• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How much gold do you have right now?

How much gold do you have right now?

• 9 mils or less!

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • 10-50 mils

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • 50-100 mils

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • 100-200 mils

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • 200-500 mils

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • 500-platinum

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • 1-10 plats

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • 10 plat +++++

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says it all. Forget your castles, rares, EM items and whatnot. Just cold, hard old fashioned cash. How much you sitting on?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I collect stuffs. Never tried to really have a lot of gold.

Looks like I played wrong.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uhm... this morning i had.. about 1,3 Mio only and had to buy some PS for my pets so actually I own about 800 k - no joke ;)

@Flagg
I miss the voting point : less than 1 Mio gold ;)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
HowMuchGold.png

Anyone wanna trade?? :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Had I not sold some of my Vet pics recently I'd be below 50M but currently sit somewhere around 1 to 200M... but that never lasts.. and I'll be darned if I'll be spending that much on a keep that I fall out of and has useless big fireplaces built into it where I'd prefer not to have anything... also not a fan of the fences on the 3rd floor...

I have 2 castles but none of those choices work for me, even if they did I'm not going broke over a new design and have to spend hours and hours redecorating...

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Why would anyone tell? It’s like hanging a sign outside your castle saying “hack my account please”. I ain’t got nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Among my accounts on production servers, between all four I have roughly 8 mil gold. I've played on and off since 2001.

On Siege, where the overwhelming bulk of my time has been spent in the last four years, I have 800k. (Less than even 1 mil!). The most I ever had on Siege at one time was 20 mil, which I purchased at Christmas one year.

The most I ever had on prod was 300 mil, which I got by selling the first EM item I got (serendipitously, as I didn't know what they were doing at the time and just followed the crowd fighting stuff). I immediately used that gold to buy my only dreadmare.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I have given away more gold over the years than I have now. But I still have enough for what I need.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why so interested in my bank account?:stir:

While your at it, here's my First Royal Britain Bank Account Number 14242715

I won the UO lottery years ago but spent most of it on my 2 hobbies. :party:

Last edited:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you need gold shifted from atlantic to origin I can transfer it over for you. I also don't charge for doing that.
That's exactly what I need...it's just sitting on ATL doing nothing....that would be SO awesome thank you! Just let me know when you're around, thanks!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4 Plat, but I wouldn't spend anything over 1mill on a castle conversion.....even if my Castle's didn't have plot blocking items.
The gold I have earned is mine, tis just a number on a gump now so I call Shenannigans on that "gold sink" excuse of Mesanna's.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Had I not sold some of my Vet pics recently I'd be below 50M but currently sit somewhere around 1 to 200M... but that never lasts.. and I'll be darned if I'll be spending that much on a keep that I fall out of and has useless big fireplaces built into it where I'd prefer not to have anything... also not a fan of the fences on the 3rd floor...

I have 2 castles but none of those choices work for me, even if they did I'm not going broke over a new design and have to spend hours and hours redecorating...
I almost never agree with you MalagAste, but any testing they might have done did not include the EC client in that keep. The fact they made it the only keep option....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Title says it all. Forget your castles, rares, EM items and whatnot. Just cold, hard old fashioned cash. How much you sitting on?
Like 7m. I had around 10, but I bought some random rares for a few mills. Most I have ever had by far. Usually have under 1m.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I might not fully qualify as a player, though am still foolish enough to be a payer, I have been sitting on the same Billion or so for about a decade. I never really found much that I thought was worth buying save for the odd armor slot or crimson type item. I suspect that most of the things that once had value in my account have all lost relative to inflation in the game and item creep.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 4 Plat, but I wouldn't spend anything over 1mill on a castle conversion.....even if my Castle's didn't have plot blocking items.
The gold I have earned is mine, tis just a number on a gump now so I call Shenannigans on that "gold sink" excuse of Mesanna's.
Mr. Phoenix - you should be married ;) *4 Platinium.... words running over my tongue* really i know how to cause a gold sink than :D

*thinking about a ticket to kyronix to color the new Eowmu in a nice red and orange - would be the ideal pet for him and even ridable too :eek:*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never really trusted the game enough to leave large amounts in cash form, 500m is usually about my maximum before I go buy stuff. All it takes is one wrong click in the trade window or a bug to lose many plats. At least you can only lose a couple items at a time instead of all your gold being gone at once by accident. Plus you can actually use your stuff when it's in item form instead of just having a big number to look at.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If people are complaining but not quiting then Mesanna put the price on stuff just right.

It's a little hard to feel bad for castle owners too so I don't suggest complaining too loudly :)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never really trusted the game enough to leave large amounts in cash form...
Was the same way for years (2002-2007/8ish). I only really started saving once I placed vendors in my home (someone else can't remove them).
I can't count how many times I've said, "brb, gotta pull some gold off my vendor to buy this"(usually to the seller after he put item/s on a vendor).

Once banks went shard bound I pulled all off my vendors. In hindsight, prob not a good idea w/ trade window scams but I rarely buy
anything that isn't on a vendor or sold by someone I trust (after they've shown me it can go on a vendor).

I managed to dodge the bullet of trade window scammers. (That is fixed now right?)

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the most gold I've ever had at one point was a little over 300m. That was after I sold an event rare. It was a dolphin that acted as a sextant when you double clicked on it. It fascinates me how people are able to amass billions of gold. I do my fair share of hunting- medusa, exodus, roof, doom, events.... and I hardly ever get anything. But I sure have fun doing it!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I usually buy rares when I get over 500 mill but I don't like to be under 200 mill. So I'll never be uber rich. I'll always be spreading it around. Haven't been to Atlantic in awhile so it's been piling up though.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the most gold I've ever had at one point was a little over 300m. That was after I sold an event rare. It was a dolphin that acted as a sextant when you double clicked on it. It fascinates me how people are able to amass billions of gold. I do my fair share of hunting- medusa, exodus, roof, doom, events.... and I hardly ever get anything. But I sure have fun doing it!
An easy one is 10 years of Animal training (before and after) at the Swoop and various other mobs that drop 5k upwards per shot. Soon mounts up.
Oh.....and a Horde minion and LOTS of bags of sending, a few creative macros and you can AFK farm while you sleep "allegedly" lol :naughty-angel:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It fascinates me how people are able to amass billions of gold. I do my fair share of hunting- medusa, exodus, roof, doom, events.... and I hardly ever get anything. But I sure have fun doing it!
The people who make a lot rarely do it through actual gameplay, it's mostly community interaction like buying and reselling items. For example when I used to run live and silent auctions on Atlantic I'd average about 200m per week in auction commission for like 5 hours of work running the auction (10% of each sale, plus tips). I was also selling shard transfers with shard shields at the time which made around 50m per week. So 250m per week was a reliable billion gold per month, 12 billion per year just for running an auction one day a week and a few hours of shard transfers. Now I mostly do everything for free to help the community, but others have been doing stuff like that for 10+ years just collecting the massive amount of gold over time.