• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Replacing your castle/keep

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
First be prepared to open up those bank boxes if you want a new castle:

To replace your house bring up your house sign menu. If you are able to replace your structure, you get the following option:

You get the following warning:

Clicking "Okay" brings up (didnt have the cliloc updated on the client I took the screenshot with)

You then get a warning:

Since I did not have the funds on TC to cover the conversion, I got this message:

If your house is not able to be replaced, you see this:

Remember for keeps it's not just trees inside the house, but also along the indented edges.

Last edited:

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are those prices millions? Looks like that.

So not only that 5 out of the 6 designs are castles which probably less often as keeps...
...and that half of them got trees which rule them out the conversion... to one of those pink gay cathedrals
... And now those cost 180-300m?

muahahahahahaha

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope that is not gonna be 900million on siege, if it is I won't even be able to build my own darn design, even at 300m I wont be able to do it.

They shouldnt cost 300 times the price of a regular castle that is horrendous. On siege it basically screws you completely. We dont have that kinda gold on siege.

surely they made an error and added an extra 2 0's

like should be 3,264,750 not 326,475,000

a regular castles is only 865,000

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix you also have the castles mixed up, mine is 'The Spires' but it places the "castle of oceania' (don's) and if you click on his it places mine

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
was cheaper to customize castle on tc cost me 1,334,000
I cant afford it so mines staying as is

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've never had more than 80 million so I couldn't change even if I did like the design of the keep. This whole debacle just keeps getting more and more ridiculous....:(

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only time i had even close to a billion gold i think i was at 750 million was when i bought the castle in 2014. I think i did a IOU for the other 250 million.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cost is probably a mistake. According to the announcement on uo.com, "The house will cost per tile such as the old prefab houses do.".
Classic houses cost ~1000 GP per tile - so a 4-story 31x31 should cost less than 4M even if the full footprint is used.
I think that they just mistyped the multiplication factor...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This whole concepts of rarity and gold sinks gets more and more beyond me.

You put a lot of effort into setting up a contest. You build that tool. You implement the voting. Lots of hours of work at multiple levels.

Then you make sure your work is only affordable and accessible by like 1% of your customers :confused:

James Krieg

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ridiculous pricing. Unless you do server trading on a large scale, how are you going to afford one of these. there isnt that kinda economic system on Baja where I play. transfering items to Altantic to sell is stupid as a server should be self supporting. I hope they change the pricing on these or give us the option to just plot the castle and build it like we want. I'd rather have that option honestly. build my own. Yeah I know you can kinda do that with the floor tiles and walls ect, but we all know how Buggy those are and how easily they can mess up ruining tons of hours that it took to build it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I would pay that price for an empty plot or my own design but that's about it. What's 300 mill these days? 20 bucks? Eh.....

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those are ridiculously expensive. Even as someone who does have the ability to pay for that, there’s no way I’m spending 300m to change my current castle that was only 1m.

10m is the most this should have cost, nobody is going to use any of these designs at that price. Especially on small shards where barely anyone even has that much gold to begin with.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm all for a good "gold sink" but there's definitely a zero too much on those prices, most shards except Atlantic you can buy a castle for 250m. Now you have to spend another 185-325m to customize it to these new designs? lol

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm all for a good "gold sink" but there's definitely a zero too much on those prices, most shards except Atlantic you can buy a castle for 250m. Now you have to spend another 185-325m to customize it to these new designs? lol
Not a gold sink when you demolish it and get your gold back.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol I'm not paying 300m to alter to one whatsoever.

What a disaster this whole things been. I had alot of hope the devs selections would embody what a castle is. Boy was that disappointing. Japaneese house, large large Marble, etc.

Angleswings

Adventurer
on uo.com

9/13/2018

Greetings,

We have seen quite a bit of discussion relating to the cost of contest housing recently introduced with Publish 101. Firstly, the cost of contest housing will be uniform across all shards, including Siege Perilous.

As far as the costs of these homes in relation to legacy housing, we want to share with you why these homes cost substantially more than a standard castle. One of the top 5 most common areas of feedback we receive is that the game world lacks adequate gold sinks to effectively combat inflation within the economy. One of the most effective ways to combat this is pulling gold out of the game by providing high end luxury items. A castle is the most luxurious item Britannia has to offer, and the new designs are the top end of that luxury. Gold is by no means in short supply, and rallying around the fundraising efforts for luxury items is one of the greatest motivators for group activity in our beloved MMO. We look forward to seeing the new designs fully decorated as you make them your home.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow lol

While I'm all for gold sinks, how many castles are there? Lol unreal

For a gold sink to work it has to be something desired by everyone, so u get like every player trying to dump 50m into something for a new hair dye or what have you. Asking 32 people to spend 300m on a castle is hilarious.

And definitely not for what is available. If the devs would of put in some effort and made a serious castle, I think I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A castle is the most luxurious item Britannia has to offer, and the new designs are the top end of that luxury. Gold is by no means in short supply, and rallying around the fundraising efforts for luxury items is one of the greatest motivators for group activity in our beloved MMO. We look forward to seeing the new designs fully decorated as you make them your home.

See you in Britannia,

UO Team
Not when most the designs are poorly thought out with improper QA. That is not a luxury item.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's true, if they want a real gold sink allow us to buy sorvereigns with alot of gold per - that would do it in a second :)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Who has 300 million on Siege Perilous?

I just want to know who i need to make as my new BFF or to make my new suger mama or suger daddy.

Really i think my toon would look pretty in a dress. Lol

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I been thinking about it. On a production shard 300 mil is not a lot. I could make that in a month's time buy selling some Vet pics, items and such. A few pets would get me there. The thing is i dont like to sell. Iam collector. Everytime i want something new i look to see what i can lose from my collection and make a profit from it.

Now on Siege Perilous is the issue. Thats alot of gold. I dont play there anymore but when i did i think i only made about a million a week. And that was from mineing ore 8 hrs a day for 7 days.

One reason why i stopped playing there i dont have the time to gm a skill then lose it to change a diffent skill. Then lose that one to gm the old skill back.

Just make it 30 million there that would be the gold sink on that shard.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I been thinking about it. On a production shard 300 mil is not a lot. I could make that in a month's time buy selling some Vet pics, items and such. A few pets would get me there. The thing is i dont like to sell. Iam collector. Everytime i want something new i look to see what i can lose from my collection and make a profit from it.

Now on Siege Perilous is the issue. Thats alot of gold. I dont play there anymore but when i did i think i only made about a million a week. And that was from mineing ore 8 hrs a day for 7 days.

One reason why i stopped playing there i dont have the time to gm a skill then lose it to change a diffent skill. Then lose that one to gm the old skill back.

Just make it 30 million there that would be the gold sink on that shard.
30 mil is what it should be.

I made one of the designs, #22, and can't afford to build it on Siege. Not at 313 million. I am feeling pretty USED to be honest. They should of stated up front that the cost of the castles was not gonna be anywhere close to the build cost on the tool and should of been up front that they were gonna extort the player base on a massive gold sink.

On Siege, I have priced it to buy soulstones and sell on my vendor, I would need to buy 104 soulstones and sell them at 3 mil each at a cost to me of $1565 real life dollars, and god knows how many hours, weeks and days to sell em lol Not to mention that 3 mil is probably high as right now they are going for 2.5 mil per. That would be the legal way to get the funds needed.

Option 2 is to cheat and go buy gold, but again, on Siege this is not really an option. Priced today will cost me $1200 real life dollars (if I played Atlantic the same amount of 'gold' would cost me about $70. However as we speak the price of gold is probably going UP.

Funny how it would still be cheaper to cheat than do it legitimately. Do you think someone is making money out of this? I certainly do.

I am now considering closing my three accounts as this feels like a slap in the head. I am so over being ripped off and I am definitely sick to death of the devs using Atlantic as the only 'ruler' when measuring the wealth of the shards. The top 10% of mega rich people on atlantic are not the 'norm' and of those super rich how many are rich due to duping, scripting, cheating and such.

Yes on production shards I could afford 300 + mil but it would take pretty much 70% of the gold I have amassed over 14 yrs to convert both my production shard castles. I have run a vendor mall on Oceania and Atlantic for YEARS to amass my money legitimately from selling runebooks to chairs and tables.

As for siege where I play right now there is no chance and I am reasonably well off there but not in that range. I could scrape together maybe 50-60 mil there atm and I am considered reasonably well off.

Over it.

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Option 2 is to cheat and go buy gold, but again, on Siege this is not really an option. Priced today will cost me $1200 real life dollars (if I played Atlantic the same amount of 'gold' would cost me about $70. However as we speak the price of gold is probably going UP.
I just checked myself. On the spammers site it's $210 USD for 300mil on standard shards or $2,097 USD for 300mil on Siege. I checked one other site and it was slightly more than what you posted. The more I think about the worse it is. I'm going to step back for a day or so and hopefully I can come back with a different outlook on it (doubtful), or the devs have changed their minds.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just checked myself. On the spammers site it's $210 USD for 300mil on standard shards or $2,097 USD for 300mil on Siege. I checked one other site and it was slightly more than what you posted. The more I think about the worse it is. I'm going to step back for a day or so and hopefully I can come back with a different outlook on it (doubtful), or the devs have changed their minds.
Yet @Kyronix seems to think that charging siege players the same amount is fair. We still have to pay more than double for the initial castle placement, ie 1.7 mill rather than 865k but 300+ millon on siege is just obnoxious and totally unfair.

I seriously didn't know what sites to look at as i have never bought gold but I guess whatever site you look at it costs ten times as much for siege, so we are really being screwed over there if we wanted to convert. They need to drop siege to 30mil to make it even any way near comparable.

Last edited:

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be nice if the winners received a building of their design on a server of their choice that had a castle/keep on it.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure what site you checked. I see 1 billion gold for 225 usd. Nothing for Siege Perilous.