• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which castle/keep design will you use?

Which castle/keep design will you use?

• Canary

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Dot Warner

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Don Quan

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Queen Elsa

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Miss Echo

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Analaya

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • None

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • Don't Own a Castle/Keep

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • None, because cannot afford the cost

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • None, because designs chosen not worth the cost

Votes: 15 20.8%

• Total voters

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think me and Anon are going to be the first to test the castle replacement feature and hope all goes well :)

I will be using Dot's design....thanks Dot! :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is only 1 keep choice. We are lucky to have that.

Also can you allow multiple votes? If I had a castle I would choose something for it also! And some have multiples of both.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Drakelord this is what I've been saying all along, all we needed were a few simple changes, it would have taken much less time to do and everyone (okay almost everyone) would be happy, but no they had to make this ridiculous farce of a contest and now we still don't have a decent Keep design. Nobody in Fel can use that design and I cannot understand why the Devs have allowed something you can fall off so easily. Honestly I have given up on them after this. :(

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@ShriNayne I have been asking for that area for years and was told back then that they could not do it, something about the footprint of a keep. One thing this contest show me is that they can do it today. Allow us to do a DIY on our current Keeps, move a wall, make a door, soild or secret, in a hall, lay stone pavers etc..

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Drakelord what area exactly can you not access in the keep? As for using designs I will use all of them eventually. ( when the price goes down)

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK. Wow.

I admit my approach was very different. However I am very disappointed by the winning designs (no offense to the makers) its just not my thing.

I also said myself I will not take part in next times contest.

However I herby commit that I will make a keep and castle close to the originals but optimized. I won't do this for me as I don't own either of them but I'll do it for the community..

I am happy to include request from people beside my personal idea.

Let's see if i can make more ppl happy.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where can I see pictures of the winning designs?

Nevermind - Found them!
Thanks!

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I want to see a Finley version on these, less water though to make em bigger :thumbup:

Castle Design

Keep Design

not sure who actually made those 2 but i have to admit i like them.
id actually only make little adjustments... (make the water a little smaller)

OFC the "i need HUUUUGE open space" guys most likely will not like those 2.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Devs should really consider re-examining their decision making process when vast majority of players chose not to participate in something they spent so many hours working on.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Oh I see, I thought because it was late at night and I was tired I couldn't count! Not crazy after all....whew! :thumbsup:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Drakelord this is what I've been saying all along, all we needed were a few simple changes, it would have taken much less time to do and everyone (okay almost everyone) would be happy, but no they had to make this ridiculous farce of a contest and now we still don't have a decent Keep design. Nobody in Fel can use that design and I cannot understand why the Devs have allowed something you can fall off so easily. Honestly I have given up on them after this. :(
But I made one .... and it didn't win... so obviously that wasn't what people wanted... I made a nice keep much like the current one only usable.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow! Rorshach and Mariah are pulling posts and closing threads LOL. They got a long night ahead of them, cause even the cheerleaders are pissed this time ;)
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be bringing out the pom poms on this one. I hope they listen to the players on this one and change their decision.
Have a separate competition for a gold sink McMansion and give the winning designer a free one.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be bringing out the pom poms on this one. I hope they listen to the players on this one and change their decision.
Have a separate competition for a gold sink McMansion and give the winning designer a free one.
Well, the problem is, with this decision, even if they reverse it tonight, they have shown us what they truly think of us. They might change the price structure, but they will still have the same ****ty attitude towards the people paying to keep the game afloat

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Devs should really consider re-examining their decision making process when vast majority of players chose not to participate in something they spent so many hours working on.
Hasn't this been the case for most publishes for years now?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the problem is, with this decision, even if they reverse it tonight, they have shown us what they truly think of us. They might change the price structure, but they will still have the same ****ty attitude towards the people paying to keep the game afloat
I am kind of worried that they will not reverse it, because if they do, they'll have to figure out how to reimburse the two whales on Origin who already dropped the coin. And that is too much work.
On your second point, I really don't think the devs hate the players, or don't care about the players. I think it's more of a Hanlon's razor situation. Whoever makes or approves final design decisions is does not have needed qualification to make good design decisions. This manifests itself in repeated situations where devs devote tons of man hours to features or "fixes" that are either hated by a large portion of the player base, or simply ignored. Even the most talented game designer can be wrong once in a while. However when it happens again and again, there is clearly a problem.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am kind of worried that they will not reverse it, because if they do, they'll have to figure out how to reimburse the two whales on Origin who already dropped the coin.
Which designs did they pick?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am kind of worried that they will not reverse it, because if they do, they'll have to figure out how to reimburse the two whales on Origin who already dropped the coin. And that is too much work.
On your second point, I really don't think the devs hate the players, or don't care about the players. I think it's more of a Hanlon's razor situation. Whoever makes or approves final design decisions is does not have needed qualification to make good design decisions. This manifests itself in repeated situations where devs devote tons of man hours to features or "fixes" that are either hated by a large portion of the player base, or simply ignored. Even the most talented game designer can be wrong once in a while. However when it happens again and again, there is clearly a problem.

Had to look that one up lol. ""Hanlon's razor is an aphorism expressed in various ways, including: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.""

Seems reasonable

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had to look that one up lol. ""Hanlon's razor is an aphorism expressed in various ways, including: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.""

Seems reasonable
I would not go as far as to say stupidity, but rather competence. I am not writing this to insult the development team, who I think are working pretty hard and produce both good results along with the bad.. However, in any creative team there should be a gatekeeper and a decision maker who has the judgement and experience to separate good ideas from bad and to determine overall direction of the efforts. I get an impression that such person either does not exist (whatever devs come up with - goes), or they do not have the competence to think through the consequences of the design directions the team takes. End result is repeated actions that frustrate, anger, alienate and frequently dissuade from playing a large portion of the already very small player base.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would not go as far as to say stupidity, but rather competence. I am not writing this to insult the development team, who I think are working pretty hard and produce both good results along with the bad.. However, in any creative team there should be a gatekeeper and a decision maker who has the judgement and experience to separate good ideas from bad and to determine overall direction of the efforts. I get an impression that such person either does not exist (whatever devs come up with - goes), or they do not have the competence to think through the consequences of the design directions the team takes. End result is repeated actions that frustrate, anger, alienate and frequently dissuade from playing a large portion of the already very small player base.

That's all part of the Peter Principle...in most organizational hierarchies, such as that of a corporation, is for every employee to rise in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach the levels of their respective incompetence.