• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Hiryu stats

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hello,

Thinking of taming a 3 slot hiryu because I want to get one of the rare colors. I want to put AI and Discord on it. I figure with those 2 abilities plus grasping claw it should have some nice damage output.

What is the max HP and STR the 3 slot ones can spawn with?

Thanks!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

Thinking of taming a 3 slot hiryu because I want to get one of the rare colors. I want to put AI and Discord on it. I figure with those 2 abilities plus grasping claw it should have some nice damage output.

What is the max HP and STR the 3 slot ones can spawn with?

Thanks!
They are half statted upon tame:
- HP cap will be 1100 pre-tame / 550 post-tame (I can confirm this one, I have tamed a couple with max HP)
- STR cap is supposedly 1420 pre-tame / 710 post-tame according to the databases, but I have only ever seen ones with 705 STR after tame (I've gotten several of those as well).

Hiryu's can also get up to 90 fire resist, so that will be something to take into consideration when taming them as well (whether you want OC fire resist or not).

They actually have one of the highest intensity spreads out of any animal in the game that does not spawn multi-slot -- around 932 intensity.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't increase the cold or poison resist and they will almost have as many points as a Cu. There will be 5% of the content your pet will take damage from tho. :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Don't increase the cold or poison resist and they will almost have as many points as a Cu. There will be 5% of the content your pet will take damage from tho. :)
Hiryu Intensity Range: 4340 - 5272
Cu Sidhe Intensity Range: 4624 - 5285

Hiryu's have an intensity cap 13 less than Cu's.

Should be possible to do similar builds if you find the right spawn.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
They are half statted upon tame:
- HP cap will be 1100 pre-tame / 550 post-tame (I can confirm this one, I have tamed a couple with max HP)
- STR cap is supposedly 1420 pre-tame / 710 post-tame according to the databases, but I have only ever seen ones with 705 STR after tame (I've gotten several of those as well).

Hiryu's can also get up to 90 fire resist, so that will be something to take into consideration when taming them as well (whether you want OC fire resist or not).

They actually have one of the highest intensity spreads out of any animal in the game that does not spawn multi-slot -- around 932 intensity.
Thank you! That's just what I was looking for.

Not sure if I want to do this with a hiryu now or a cu. I already have a new Cu in my stable with nearly 600 HP, and it came with high heal skill too. Just wish I could remove bleed. Or maybe I should just get a blue 1 slot hiryu instead. I really like the idea of having only grasping claw, AI, and discord on a pet, but I wanted the blue/yellow hiryu or the bright green or purple one, and I'm betting it would take roughly forever to find one with good stats.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! That's just what I was looking for.

Not sure if I want to do this with a hiryu now or a cu. I already have a new Cu in my stable with nearly 600 HP, and it came with high heal skill too. Just wish I could remove bleed. Or maybe I should just get a blue 1 slot hiryu instead. I really like the idea of having only grasping claw, AI, and discord on a pet, but I wanted the blue/yellow hiryu or the bright green or purple one, and I'm betting it would take roughly forever to find one with good stats.
The Blue/Yellow one is a little more common than the others. I've been hunting Hiryu's on and off for a bit now and keeping track of the spawn numbers. Since keeping track, I've had 6 out of 882 spawn as Blue/Yellow, but I probably have seen another 8-10 or so spawn before I started keeping track. The intensity spread definitely can make it more of a chore to find a good one. I typically look mainly at Str and resists when looking for keepers. We have many successful pets with 450-600 HP, so finding capped HP is less of a concern for me personally when I hunt them.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiryu Intensity Range: 4340 - 5272
Cu Sidhe Intensity Range: 4624 - 5285
I have killed hundreds of Hiryus and when you get a color you do not have, you have to keep it.

A low end cu has one thing a Hiryu will never have. Healing.

A NOOB tamer can grab a Cu with 105 scrolls and do any content with a group. That is what I promote here. All my Cus are in a thread here.

As for Hiryus: Here is what one of my daily playing tamers has.
upload_2018-9-12_16-20-33.png

The named ones are what I use. or you can tell non Hiryus by their names. Many matching colors were sold or killed in the process of finding the better ones to train. I didn't need a program to add up the points I just copied the stats of the two into Paint. Can add the points on each page on your fingers and kill or sell the lower.

Two and Three are Wolf Spiders from last years event. I have all the color Hiryus and Lessers in here. The F means they are ready to put abilities on. I build Cus and Hiryus the same. Somehow my Hiryus do not have HP resists or regens my mid level Cus do when I do the same build.

When I get A neon green I will have all the colors and could post all of these that are built. But AI/Magic is about all you can build. And you still don't have healing.

At 4 slot 100% the average Cu will have more HP if you follow my Builds than the above average Hiryu.

My pets come from the game not hypothetical.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
The reason I'm favoring a Hiryu for this over a CU right now for this build is because the cu has bleed and the hiryu has grasping claw. That being said I know healing is a huge benefit and it's difficult to ignore that. Also the hiryu has over capped wrestling and sometimes parry, and up to 90 fire resist which is also pretty nice.

I had a cu, you may remember my earlier post about it, that had discord and aura of nausea. I made the mistake of not saving the right amount of points for scrolls and a disco pet really needs 120 disco at the very least. I was going to remake him exactly the same, but save the right amount of TP for scrolls, just not sure about aura of nausea, that 100 mana cost hurts and also a bit in the dark about how effective it is because it's not something you can lore. Seemed to be pretty effective, but having no hard numbers on what it does drives me crazy. Then I was considering trying that same build (aura nausea and disco) on a reptalon because they have aura available without having to waste 100 TP on poison first, but they also have stinky dragon breath :(.

Basically trying to minimize the number of abilities the pet has so it can only use what I want it to.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A NOOB tamer can grab a Cu with 105 scrolls and do any content with a group.
You can do most content with any 3-5 slot pet with a group, especially a ten person group. Our alliance does it all the time (without us with them). They always take returning players with untrained pets, heck, we have one guy in our alliance, he's a melee spec, who takes his VOLLEM everywhere.

On a lot of content, unless your pet is tanking, healing is not needing, just the regens are enough to keep a pet topped off from any aoe.

Because I am open minded, brought my Hiryus out of storage for dps testing. The spec's I tested actually performed very well in logged dps tests. I had some interesting observances that I need to confirm with drone testing. And their stats are just as good as any CU I have.

If you want to afk during encounters, have hand dexterity or reflex issues, or sip rum while doing content, then maybe a CU is a good pet for you.

If you want to kill things other than paragon balrons quick, you will probably want to look into other pets.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because I am open minded, brought my Hiryus out of storage for dps testing. The spec's I tested actually performed very well in logged dps tests. I had some interesting observances that I need to confirm with drone testing. And their stats are just as good as any CU I have.
Every pet type I have did the same base damage on the drones. So did yours. Cept the WW with >700 Strength.

All the base pets are the same if you build them right. The differences are the damage types and what magic you put on. A cu just happens to have healing.

If you want to afk during encounters,
I have a Cu and a Hiryu at Navrey right now. I should check on them.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Every pet type I have did the same base damage on the drones. So did yours. Cept the WW with >700 Strength.

All the base pets are the same if you build them right. The differences are the damage types and what magic you put on. A cu just happens to have healing.
Partially right. Innate abilities play a role. If your pet is using Bleed and Healing, it's not using better abilities such as Armor Ignore. Same, unfortunately goes for Dragon Breath. And their damage spread is the key when it comes to killing content. Drones have 0 resist, so yes, every pet will do the same base damage on it if it has 700 str, same mr, same int.

CU are terrible for lady mel and dreadhorn damage wise, but I still see them there. Just how terrible?

I can use Dreadhorn as an example. Chiv/AI hiryu regularly did 7-9k more damage (20k vs 11-13k of the CU). That's not minor, that's substantial.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
CU are terrible for lady mel
upload_2018-9-12_19-35-53.png

Physical or fire damage would be best.

50% of the Cu damage is reduced by 57% the other 50% is reduced by 75%. Not the best pet for base damage.

I used to take my AI/Chiv Lesser now I take the Nightmare or my archer with a hiryu or Cu. He dont have a Nightmare yet. Have a spare for a needy tamer?

She dies when we go.

Dread Horn:

upload_2018-9-12_19-47-17.png

Any damage is reduced to 50%. If the right one is pulled only half the damage from a Cu is reduced by 10% more.

We have no problems with Cus there. A 100% physical pet would be better and you'd have the poison resist at 80 if you build them correct.

The poison damage does not give the Cus an ouchie. Only 1 pet at a time takes damage.

So I disagree that a Cu is a bad choice here.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 86877
We have no problems with Cus there. A 100% physical pet would be better and you'd have the poison resist at 80 if you build them correct.

The poison damage does not give the Cus an ouchie. Only 1 pet at a time takes damage.

So I disagree that a Cu is a bad choice here.
I was on a dreadhorn kick for a month, killed him over 100 times that month.

Again, ANY PET IS PRETTY MUCH FINE ANY PLACE, given enough time, things will die. The 2 slot vollem kills stuff, might not be able to tank, but it can kill stuff. You are just showing the power of pets, not of CU. All those frankenpets with wrong attribute spreads or skills, will do fine in any place. Fine != good or even great.

Again, multiple kills/damage logs, 20k vs 11-13k. The Chiv/AI Hiryu was actually very consistent across all tests, so much so that I probably logged 20 dreadhorn kills with it looking for deviations.
Other than a Najasaurus or a Reptalon, the CU is one of the worst pets you can choose to bring to Dreadhorn DPS wise.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All those frankenpets with wrong attribute spreads or skills, will do fine in any place. Fine != good or even great.
Have to have a good base build to finish off something with regens or healing. Sometimes scrolls. I do not endorse crap builds.

I dont see where a Hiryu vs a dreadhorn would do more than 15% more base damage than a Cu vs a Dreadhorn would do. The resists are there and that's all that changes base damage. AI and chiv will add to it equally.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Well, I went out hiryu hunting tonight. Found a 3 slot strong cyan with 529 hp and 670 str after tame, not bad, but none of its skills are over capped. Then I got a 1 slot lime one with good hp/str and 105 wrestling. I like the color of the strong cyan one, but was hoping for over capped fire resist and wrestling/parry. These guys spawn with such wild stats/resists/skills, drives me crazy.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The reason I'm favoring a Hiryu for this over a CU right now for this build is because the cu has bleed and the hiryu has grasping claw. That being said I know healing is a huge benefit and it's difficult to ignore that. Also the hiryu has over capped wrestling and sometimes parry, and up to 90 fire resist which is also pretty nice.

I had a cu, you may remember my earlier post about it, that had discord and aura of nausea. I made the mistake of not saving the right amount of points for scrolls and a disco pet really needs 120 disco at the very least. I was going to remake him exactly the same, but save the right amount of TP for scrolls, just not sure about aura of nausea, that 100 mana cost hurts and also a bit in the dark about how effective it is because it's not something you can lore. Seemed to be pretty effective, but having no hard numbers on what it does drives me crazy. Then I was considering trying that same build (aura nausea and disco) on a reptalon because they have aura available without having to waste 100 TP on poison first, but they also have stinky dragon breath :(.

Basically trying to minimize the number of abilities the pet has so it can only use what I want it to.
The Viscera in the new Khaldun use Aura of Nausea, it is quite potent against players. It should be the same one pets will use:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
How long does it last? Just noticed the screen shot shows 3 seconds left. If it only lasts a few seconds then not worth it.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How long does it last? Just noticed the screen shot shows 3 seconds left. If it only lasts a few seconds then not worth it.
It lasts around 6-8s. Feels like a lifetime in Khaldun since multiple Viscera will keep refreshing the effect.

It's pretty powerful in PvM, but the high mana cost and short duration may not make it worth it. The -60% SSI/DCI/HCI basically makes any hard hitting mob a cakewalk (which is probably why it was increased to 100 mana per cast).

SouthPaw

Lore Master
It lasts around 6-8s. Feels like a lifetime in Khaldun since multiple Viscera will keep refreshing the effect.

It's pretty powerful in PvM, but the high mana cost and short duration may not make it worth it. The -60% SSI/DCI/HCI basically makes any hard hitting mob a cakewalk (which is probably why it was increased to 100 mana per cast).
That high mana/short duration doesn't make it worth it to me. If I had some way to control when it went off then I'd take it, but with pets random AI, not so good. I know when I had it on my Cu he would usually do it once towards the start of a fight, presumably because he had the mana. Once in awhile he would do it mid fight, but that was more rare.

At this point my plan is to use the lime colored lesser I got that has pretty good stats and put AI and disco on him. Having only 3 moves (including grasping claw) that all debuff resists has got to be pretty good right?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That high mana/short duration doesn't make it worth it to me. If I had some way to control when it went off then I'd take it, but with pets random AI, not so good. I know when I had it on my Cu he would usually do it once towards the start of a fight, presumably because he had the mana. Once in awhile he would do it mid fight, but that was more rare.

At this point my plan is to use the lime colored lesser I got that has pretty good stats and put AI and disco on him. Having only 3 moves (including grasping claw) that all debuff resists has got to be pretty good right?
Yea, that is the problem with the current Pet AI. They seem to have an RNG trigger for "Use Ability", which then selects a random offensive ability for them to use. If they cannot cast it (lack of mana), it fails and waits for the next RNG check. Since Aura of Nausea is so expensive, it will typically never go off in the middle of fights unless the pet has no other abilities firing off to use that mana. (This is also why loading up a pet with 3 abilities + a magical can be detrimental to the pet -- too many ability choices for it to cast).

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Yea, that is the problem with the current Pet AI. They seem to have an RNG trigger for "Use Ability", which then selects a random offensive ability for them to use. If they cannot cast it (lack of mana), it fails and waits for the next RNG check. Since Aura of Nausea is so expensive, it will typically never go off in the middle of fights unless the pet has no other abilities firing off to use that mana. (This is also why loading up a pet with 3 abilities + a magical can be detrimental to the pet -- too many ability choices for it to cast).
You just described my current mindset, minimize the number of abilities a pet has so it can only use the good stuff. (like a beetle with only ai/rc or my hiryu build above or a naja with fww/poison breath)

Actually you just gave me an idea I might try, take a naja, and only give it aura of nausea, so it's only other move is poison. Max mana regen and get as much mana as possible.

Question: If a pet has 100 meditation and focus and 30 mana regen, how long does it take for it to regen 100 mana? The answer would give me some idea of how often the pet could use aura if that's the only move it has (besides poison, but that only procs off hits).

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Found the pet mana calculator, looks like with 370 int, 100 med/focus, and 30 MR it would take 25 seconds to regen 100 mana. This doesn't account for pet potentially being at full mana at the start of the fight or mana used when poison procs, so 30 seconds would probably be a better estimate due to poison going off. If we say the effect lasts 8 seconds then it could potentially refresh every 22 seconds or so, of course if the effect last longer than that then even better. Would be nice to know for sure how long it lasts and if the time gets reduced by magic resist or any stats the target has.

Actually I'm not sure any of this matters considering most mobs die within just a few seconds. The refreshing thing would really only come into play fighting a champ or peerless boss or the roof. Unless I'm missing something even if a pet had just this 1 ability it still wouldn't be as effective as other pets. The mana cost and time the effect lasts is just unreasonable.

*EDIT 10/8/2018*
Now that we know the effect lasts 30 seconds I think this is a very nice and viable ability. Especially for group hunting at champs/peerless/shadowguard.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Why nerf something to the point that nobody uses it? May as well remove it as an option. For aura of nausea to be viable needs mana cost to be 50 or lower.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was one of the first things I thought had potential.

Najs use it often and its an area effect ability. Just can't see it working on a mob. I should try it on Sess.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
If it was around 50 mana it would be nice to have or if it lasted longer, but we know it costs 100 mana, and we're assuming it lasts around 6-8 seconds, which makes it not so great. I still may go and tame another naja today and try it. Maybe I could make pet attack me or a guildy to verify how long it lasts.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
6 seconds with other pets on the mob is a lot of damage to the mob and less damage to pets.

Just can't control which 6 seconds the pet decides to use.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So I grabbed a fresh naja this morning at 2 slots, trained it up to 3 slots and put only aura of nausea on it. Gave him 30 MR and 400 mana. Took him to sphinx's. He uses it often. It was a long fight, which I expected because he's only 3 slot with low base damage and only 270 STR. I told him to attack me from the other side of a coral, but aura never went off so apparently it's activated by proc on hit or being hit, not sure which. My plan now is to get a couple guildies to cure/heal me and have it attack me so I can see how long it lasts.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So I had the naja attack me, the first round I wasn't attacking back, but it never used aura. So I was thinking maybe it's a proc on being hit, so I got a mage wep and beat on it, and it still never went off. No idea why he won't use it on me.

*edit*
Used him against Gregorio and he used aura about 4 times the first minute. No idea why he won't use it on me.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I had the naja attack me, the first round I wasn't attacking back, but it never used aura. So I was thinking maybe it's a proc on being hit, so I got a mage wep and beat on it, and it still never went off. No idea why he won't use it on me.

*edit*
Used him against Gregorio and he used aura about 4 times the first minute. No idea why he won't use it on me.
Put it on you in Fel.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Put it on you in Fel.
I'll try that and see if it makes any difference. For the record, it was causing me damage and poisoning me in Tram, but never used aura. But he used it very often against sphinx's and Gregorio.

Im tempted to add AI to the build, but concerned it would drain all the mana so the pet would use aura a lot less than it does.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
All pets go to low mana. It may use the cheaper abilities when the mana is low and it may rarely get above 50. You can pull the pet back and let the mana go above 100 and sent it back. AI is a must. Rely on the mana regen.

There is also the RNG.
Today I was doing a whisper at the balrons and 3 paragons in a row come up then 2 regulars and 2 paragons in a row. Ill probably never see 5 paragons of 7 again.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I ended up putting AI/Discord on the CU I had, just got it to 5 slots last night. I was thinking this would be best since he won't have any magics to heal himself with. Still wish I could get rid of bleed though.

When the naja bonds, it already has aura of nausea, and I'll add AI and see how it does. A guildy friend of mine has one trained that way and likes it. I still want to know how long it lasts.

I think I'm going to make the lime lesser I got Bushido/Goo for spawns-should bond tonight.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will take forever to skill the Disco. But the dinos do that and healing.

One is nice to have on a high HP Mob with a group.

We will have a month of skilling soon. The fun kind.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran

*edit*
A little late, but I got a Najasaurus to Aura of Nausea me on TC (train it, then release it and aggro it).

The effect is the same as the Viscera in Khaldun, but the effect looks to last for 30 seconds:

Edit: Also if you are curious, Resisting Spells does not appear to affect the debuff in any way. With 120 RS the debuff was just as potent and lasted 30s.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
A little late, but I got a Najasaurus to Aura of Nausea me on TC (train it, then release it and aggro it).

The effect is the same as the Viscera in Khaldun, but the effect looks to last for 30 seconds:

Edit: Also if you are curious, Resisting Spells does not appear to affect the debuff in any way. With 120 RS the debuff was just as potent and lasted 30s.
Wow, nice! Thanks for the update! That's a huge surprise! I have a naja with nausea and ai, but haven't used him much. I'll have to take him out more.

Last edited: