• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Approved 3d party programs

RessMePlz

Journeyman
Back on UO few day ago but can’t find a 3d party programs uptaded list... UOAssist and? I’m searching a working alternative to replace automap

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO Cartographer and there was a new one someone was working on, but I haven't seen anything about it recently.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Back on UO few day ago but can’t find a 3d party programs uptaded list... UOAssist and? I’m searching a working alternative to replace automap
I think It's pretty safe to say that after over 20 years almost all players are using the most frowned upon 3rd party app but deny using the said app because they are too angelic. Anyone who clicks each and every icon/button 5 million times to raise X skill these days needs to wake up. I don't condone the use of it but playing UO without it would be futile.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Then everyone I know is pretty futile. Of course, a lot of us also train skill through use, not grinding. We'd rather have fun on the journey, than rush to the destination.

BTW, Kojak has a fully updated version of UOAM that works for all facets - search for it on stratics.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A list was mentioned in the buildup to EJ, as were new monitoring tools to keep us in line but clicking a bandage manually in PvP? HAHAHAHA, hasn't been done since 2001. When you've ignored the problem 20 years keep on ignoring it or you'll lose the players who stuck with the game through it(or because of it). Just my opinion, it is what it is now.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
woa woa WOA everyone, lets take it...... easy!

(huh! huh! see what i did there!)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you know what program i never understood that got a bad rap....

UOAloop, the original one from 1999.
all it ever did was loop your uoassist macro.
its not like you wrote a script to run on its own, it just looped a already approved programs macros.

it saved shoving a penny into your keyboard.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I always trained my skills by actually playing, it's only the last couple of years since I had bad tendonitis that I even had any macros, I've never actually used even UOAssist! I had it but never remembered to use it. Nowadays everyone and their dog seems to stand afk macroing at Haven or Luna bank, sad.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you sub... probably anything. They don't really seem to notice or care much unless your'e duping. If you're EJ, they might ban you.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the key word is 'unattended'.
anyone who has played UO for any length of time knows that they dont care what you run as long as your there.
at this point in time what they should do is just say - run whatever you want, just be at your keyboard or we will ban you.

because, and lets be honest here, that is all they have ever done.
and im not saying thats a bad thing, i dont pvp anymore so i dont care about the auto pot chuggers or aid poppers but for everyday pvm if someone wants to run a 3rd party program, meh, as long as your there to chat with me i dont care.

there was a time i was against them, then there was a time i was for them, now im just indifferent to the entire topic.

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you know what program i never understood that got a bad rap....

UOAloop, the original one from 1999.
all it ever did was loop your uoassist macro.
its not like you wrote a script to run on its own, it just looped a already approved programs macros.

it saved shoving a penny into your keyboard.
Funny, my account was "warned" for even mentioning a 3rd party program and I didn't even elaborate on what it did. Love the mods here.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny, my account was "warned" for even mentioning a 3rd party program and I didn't even elaborate on what it did. Love the mods here.
I'm assuming that's because you did it while stratics was the "official" forum. Since uo opened up their forum some things have become a little more laxed (is that a word?)on stratics. In my opinion that is not a bad thing. I've always thought sticking my head in the sand while screaming nah nah nah was a bad look.

*Don't get me wrong, there is still a line that if you cross it your probably going to get a warning. We are all adults here (at least age wise). I'm pretty sure we can have a discussion about things of this nature without crossing it.

Reactions: Poo

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You didn't get a "real" warning for it, you got a 0 point first account warning with no consequences at all. We're generally less hesitant to send a warning for stuff when we can use the 0 point option because it doesn't actually affect your account, it's the same as just sending a PM saying "hey don't do this please you broke a rule." Naming illegal programs tends to be a good way to use the one 0 point warning on a person's account because the real warning for it would be 2 points instead and most of the people who get them genuinely don't know it's against the rules because they're new. So it's a good opportunity to show them the rules and prevent them from getting the real warning for it later without punishing them that time.

It also depends which program. If you name one that doesn't exist anymore like that one from 1999 even if it was illegal it's irrelevant anyway, since the rule is to prevent the advertising of the programs. If it doesn't exist advertising isn't a problem anymore. If you name one of the well known modern ones it'll still get removed, sometimes through a thread cleanup when multiple people do it where it's just edited out of everyone's posts without official 2 point warnings being sent to multiple people for such a small thing.

If you're the only one in the thread who names it, it's a modern well known program, and you've already gotten a 0 point warning for something else before, that's usually the only time when the real warning being used becomes a possibility.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
..... so your saying im too old and outdated and i dont even warrant a warning because im so irreverent with my old stuff?

i dont know if i should be happy or sad about this.
i think ill have the nurse wheel me into the sun room and i will eat a chocolate pudding cup while i contemplate this.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
..... so your saying im too old and outdated and i dont even warrant a warning because im so irreverent with my old stuff?

i think ill have the nurse wheel me into the sun room and i will eat a chocolate pudding cup while i contemplate this.
Here ... <hands over prune juice> You need this.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Aren't we all....

Gray Pride.jpg

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread is funny, I would say why, but I would get a warning.