• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

reward spellbook random slayer

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
confused why would someone waste points on this if the book is only good for 2 months? and what if it's troll slayer..... isn't any trolls in that dungeon....or dragon or orc ......

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We still have vaults full of last years "event" items that we cannot throw away as they may become useful again......one day.....or maybe not is more likely.
Remember the whole "build a shrine" to get the Titan slayer buff......yeah, that was pointless also.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I couldn't agree more it's beyond time to make it so we can imbue spellbooks... every other type of class has the ability to imbue exactly what they want/need on their weapon... not the mage/spellcaster

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I couldn't agree more it's beyond time to make it so we can imbue spellbooks... every other type of class has the ability to imbue exactly what they want/need on their weapon... not the mage/spellcaster
Not bards....

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
where the bag to hold all the mage/rune books my. pack is messed up enough lol

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not bards....
Gwenno's Harp (Reptile/Repond), Iolo's Lute (Undead/Demon), and Nature's Tears (Fey) aren't hard to get. That's most Super Slayers right there. All you need random instruments for then is basically Arachnid Slayer and Elemental Slayer. Flutes of Renewal are great for that, but unfortunately no longer spawn.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gwenno's Harp (Reptile/Repond), Iolo's Lute (Undead/Demon), and Nature's Tears (Fey) aren't hard to get. That's most Super Slayers right there. All you need random instruments for then is basically Arachnid Slayer and Elemental Slayer. Flutes of Renewal are great for that, but unfortunately no longer spawn.
we are not talking slayers but the ability to imbue instruments with mods..

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
confused why would someone waste points on this if the book is only good for 2 months? and what if it's troll slayer..... isn't any trolls in that dungeon....or dragon or orc ......
The Dungeon will still be around after Halloween is over, the drops to turn in will be shutoff (just like with Kotl City)
the question i'm wondering though is, since Kotl City isn't the Halloween dungeon any more, do you still get items inside the hidden boxes there? would be nice to be able to get paintings after the holidays is over. lot going on this halloween

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Dungeon will still be around after Halloween is over, the drops to turn in will be shutoff (just like with Kotl City)
the question i'm wondering though is, since Kotl City isn't the Halloween dungeon any more, do you still get items inside the hidden boxes there? would be nice to be able to get paintings after the holidays is over. lot going on this halloween
You do still get the items inside the hidden Kotl chests.
When the event was turned off, the only thing removed from the Kotl chests, was the chance to get the minor tun-in artifacts, the rest remained.
The problem becomes, as with all dungeon rogue content, once everyone has what they want, there is no further requirement for it.
It sadly does get old quickly.
But for you, you could possibly be ok.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You do still get the items inside the hidden Kotl chests.
When the event was turned off, the only thing removed from the Kotl chests, was the chance to get the minor tun-in artifacts, the rest remained.
The problem becomes, as with all dungeon rogue content, once everyone has what they want, there is no further requirement for it.
It sadly does get old quickly.
But for you, you could possibly be ok.
Actually, no. Nothing was removed.

The turn-in drops are STILL spawning in the chest. I started training up DH a few months ago, and I was shocked in June to find a Kotl Artifact in one of the boxes.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Actually, no. Nothing was removed.

The turn-in drops are STILL spawning in the chest. I started training up DH a few months ago, and I was shocked in June to find a Kotl Artifact in one of the boxes.
Pardon my ignorance, but are the hidden Kotl boxes in Kotl city, and how do you find them and open them? Do you need detect hidden skill? Athief, or lockpicking etc? Now I know why I never see them there, they are "hidden" or invisible?
Info appreciated very much.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need high (60-70 or so DH) to find them and you have to actually search. The messages from searching will tell you if there's one in the area or if you need to shift your aim.

There is one in each of the 6 square ruins on the west side of the invasion/drake spawn area, meaning you have to be careful not to get too close to the automatons randomly placed there, or they will activate (and you can accidentally activate them while stealthing, even if they can't see you when active)