• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Best method to gain lockpicking now-a-days?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anything changed or do I still have to like... craft staggered levels of tinker boxes for myself? :(

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most shards, at least the ones I know of, has a set of the boxes set to public and/or someone who can craft you a set. If you're lucky asking in GC might spawn such a person.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anything changed or do I still have to like... craft staggered levels of tinker boxes for myself? :(
I have a full set locked down on Siege if you want to use them. Just send me a message.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i always just go to Vesper bank, there are three rooms with boxes 0-33 1st room, 33-66, second room, 66-95-ish 3rd room, finish off on t-chests or destard. done it this way for multiple lock-pickers.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a full set locked down on Siege if you want to use them. Just send me a message.
lol, I opened an EJ account, and made myself a set, hah. Wish I would have gotten this earlier.

If anyone else on siege is looking I have 3 bags of crates (made 20 a bag because I prefer doing it that way) locked down and public on a stump in the yard near the edge.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's what I've done 5-6 times on various shards. I go to that cyclops temple near Compassion and farm until I get a chest from a paragon ettin, cyclops and titan (or miasma - it's easier to get). Make about 500 lockpicks. Start clicking on the ettin chest. You will rapidly gain as you keep breaking lockpicks until the chest opens. It will open at 60.1 locks. The cyclops chest will open at 71.8. The titan or miasma chest will open at 77.8. You can go from 30 to 77.8 in just a couple hours. At 77.8 locks you can open L6 and L7 chests. Your lockpicking keeps rising naturally at you thunt, but with a skeleton key (easy to get, 10 charges), I've never noticed any better success rate at GM locks than at 77.8. I use this method because I don't have to unlock and then relock, just set a repeat macro and click, and it seems to go pretty fast. The downside is you might not want to farm the chests, but I like that little challenge.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Go to the "new Despice" Dungeon - Trammel. Find some of this satyr-looking creatures and let yourself discord. You loose skill - but also you will be lowered in your actual lockpicking skill. Go around this dungeon and find the crates and barrel and open them.

Other method: Go to British Castle or the Docks in the cities and try to open this crates or barrels. Use every place you know with many crates, chests or barrels. Do this often.

I trained my last lockpicker on this way - was the easiest way to me without doing to much around. My lockpicker starts at 90 skil - i bought a Mythic Charakter Token from the store - so you could start at a higher level.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently just trained lockpicking again and only used 1 box made at GM. Even if you fail to pick the lock, you still can gain. So really you only need 1 box made by GM Tinker and a crap ton of lockpicks.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what I've done 5-6 times on various shards. I go to that cyclops temple near Compassion and farm until I get a chest from a paragon ettin, cyclops and titan (or miasma - it's easier to get). Make about 500 lockpicks. Start clicking on the ettin chest. You will rapidly gain as you keep breaking lockpicks until the chest opens. It will open at 60.1 locks. The cyclops chest will open at 71.8. The titan or miasma chest will open at 77.8. You can go from 30 to 77.8 in just a couple hours. At 77.8 locks you can open L6 and L7 chests. Your lockpicking keeps rising naturally at you thunt, but with a skeleton key (easy to get, 10 charges), I've never noticed any better success rate at GM locks than at 77.8. I use this method because I don't have to unlock and then relock, just set a repeat macro and click, and it seems to go pretty fast. The downside is you might not want to farm the chests, but I like that little challenge.
Weird I tried making a chest with the 80 tink character I have and tried to "fail gain" from that and it didn't work. Being on siege I only need to get to 70, but still, makes me wanna stab my eyes out.

If that does work should be able to use a skeleton key to not need that 500 lockpicks.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make tje boxes toss them on a bug and go visit the satyrs.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh... made it to 70. I cannot imagine having to go the whole way to 100 regularly. I honestly would just not do it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ahh... made it to 70. I cannot imagine having to go the whole way to 100 regularly. I honestly would just not do it.
If you can get that cyclops and miasma chest, you can jump on up to almost 78 pretty fast - and that’s good enough

Adrahil

Adventurer
I have so many lock pickers, grab a bunch of lock picks, go to the Ranger huts outside of Skara brae. Pick the barrels and eventually the chests. Once you hit 50-55 head over to the Vesper bank. At 70 go to the Yew Crypts. Last bit get a rune to the Artic Ogre Lord, just lure him way down by the lake and pick away from 97 to gm.