• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BUG: Fresh Ginger Won't "Fill from Backpack" in trade order missions

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes, not always, Fresh Ginger (gotten from bakers and cooks) won't "Fill from Backpack" on trade order missions.

"Fill from Backpack", in the EC, is accessed from Right Clicking the container gotten from the trade order.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never has done, a few other things have quirks too like cloth bolts, you have to open the container to manually put them in before it will accept.
Just another half finished game system.....thank goodness we just had that big Bug fix publish......

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
pretty much anything that stacks wont be seen by the trade chest.
just drop it on the chest and carry on.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pretty much anything that stacks wont be seen by the trade chest.
just drop it on the chest and carry on.
Ginger does not stack. That's another issue.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A little tip from a fellow trade runner...

Purchase one each of the ginger from baker, then click on box to fill from your bag.
If it takes it go back and purchase the remaining needed amount. And fill from your bag again.

If it doesn't work, buy the ginger in the npc baker's other stack ( it will either face one way or the other )
Then fill crate from your bag. done. problem solved.

it's the way I do mine after getting irritated with the same issue, plus it is better than moving each piece, especially a 20 trade order line for ginger.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How often do you get fresh ginger on a trade order? I have had it where "Fill from backpack" works and where it doesn't work with Fresh Ginger. The times it doesn't work, I drop each piece in manually. I don't get a request for Fresh Ginger often enough for it to be a problem for me personally.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
How often do you get fresh ginger on a trade order?

Only in town's that have a baker shop.
So for instance New Magincia, you will never have this on an order because it only has a tailor and a smith shop.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Purchase one each of the ginger from baker, then click on box to fill from your bag.
If it takes it go back and purchase the remaining needed amount. And fill from your bag again.

If it doesn't work, buy the ginger in the npc baker's other stack ( it will either face one way or the other )

it's the way I do mine after getting irritated with the same issue, plus it is better than moving each piece, especially a 20 trade order line for ginger.
Actually, on many occasion, BOTH types of fresh ginger won't Fill from Backpack. I've tested it quite a bit; I'll get a Fresh Ginger order more often then not. But yeah, sometimes, both types of fresh ginger won't fill.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

??? I've never had EITHER facing fill from backpack under ANY circumstances.

And I've done hundreds of trade orders from different cities.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And......... wouldn't you know it. I just did my first trade mission today... and one of the items was 15 fresh ginger. *groans*
I bought one of each, filled from backpack and one was put in the crate. Bought 13 more, bam! Into the crate.

I've done many missions where they would fill. I've had many mission where they won't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason but it is what it is.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Only in town's that have a baker shop.
So for instance New Magincia, you will never have this on an order because it only has a tailor and a smith shop.
Of course. I'm just saying that in my experience, the frequency that I get Fresh Ginger as a trade order request item, from a town that has a baker, hasn't been often enough for me to try to go beyond just placing them into the chest/barrel/box to complete the order.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hmmm I have never had that problem with it not going in crate once I had the correct facing ginger.
Are you guys playing in CC or EC? maybe EC there is an issue?

Only other thing I can think of is maybe you have max items or weight in your inventory?

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I only play CC. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, but its only with Fresh Nutmeg in my experience. I've never paid any attention to the direction of facing and I'm sure I've never been over the item or weight limit. As far as I can remember it has always happened since I started doing the trade missions basically when they began, but again, only Fresh Nutmeg has given me this problem.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never, EVER, been able to find the correct facing, PERIOD. I tried buying both early on - it always ignored both, unless loaded manually.

I use CC.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
this game is just bugged for certain things lol

hate you guys are having trouble with this, that sucks

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not even a smith. Magincia is always only tailor goods. Perfect for just farming pinks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
New Mag is perfect for just farming pinks.

Trying to collect the rares, Yew is the better bet for keeping it cheap (limited selection of shops, and on mainland). Most of my runs starting in Yew are a mix of fletcher shop, bakery, butcher and tailor items, with rarely a smith or leather armor item.

On the other hand, Britain has the widest range of items, but is centrally located in relation to the other cities. All you have to do is carry a rowboat or old-style boat to make the crossings to Skara and Jhelom (taking the gates to new mag and Moonglow for pinks).

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Early days when trade mission first started my wife and I did the long runs from all the cities, using the moongate only for Moonglow and New Magincia, she had all the luck, getting the books and signs. Today we mainly do them to help out the city treasury of cities that PAS has members in control of and of course the pinks, the fresh ginger is a well-known problem with us