• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Khaldun and Halloween - No Thanks.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So after last year (and whoever was responsible for the sorc dungeon you did an incredible job) friends and I couldn't wait to see what was happening for this year.

BUT ...(there's always a big but *snickers*)

Where the sorc dungeon was fun, funny, witty, creative....imaginative, well done, well thought out, well put-together (and all other superlatives and adjectives dealing with amazing) this year the Khaldun thing is kinda the polar opposite.

I don't understand it. (Am I missing something?) It's not fun, it's not anything actually but grating. It's slave crafting to get what you need to fight down there.. (grind). There's enough grind with everything else, why for Halloween? *

If the purpose were trying to bring back interest in this dungeon and you wanted to make this an all year thing (a tweak to the dungeon).maybe I can see all the steps needed to go down there but not for Halloween.

A friend and I just spent three hours testing a mystic and necro. It yielded one drop "of the cult".

I understand this is test - so things haven't worked today - Cu doggies aren't eating the treats, dragons didn't work (no damage) saw someone in chat saying mares were not working either.

I only tried the magic template because it took 3 hours to make the spellbook needed to fight down there and I wasn't dragging my miner out, then blacksmith, then imbuer then miner again to get more materials because I blew them all...*rinse repeat*..to craft a weapon to use a dexxer etc.

(HINT HERE: It took 3 hours to make a spellbook because the area where you stand to make pulp to make the scrolls to make the spellbook that you need to go to the dungeon with - wasn't making the pulp "infused". Stand on the other side not near the actual BBQ cooker when you make wood pulp.)

Again it's test - so we're testing but the rewards aren"t even Halloweeny....there's no fun halloween stuff here!!

Luv ya Kyro - but maybe wrong call on this one.

Anyway, if this is how it's going to be when it launches for all shards..the group of us who were in the Sorc Dungeon last year (every moment we had together, laughing and having fun) will probably be taking a pass on it this year. :(

Last edited:

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember finding Sorc's dungeon really annoying til figuring it out and getting things rolling properly.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still amusing, remember the giant ice slug and killer christmas trees? hehe

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just spent 3 hours with a friend testing a mystic and necro. It yielded one drop, a single drop.

I understand this is test - so things haven't worked today - Cu doggies aren't eating the treats, dragons didn't work (no damage) saw someone in chat saying mares were not working either.

I tried the magic template because it took 3 hours to make the spellbook and I wasn't dragging my miner out, then blacksmith. then imbuer then miner again to get more materials because I blew them all...*rinse repeat*

(HINT HERE: It took 3 hours to make a spellbook because the area where you stand to make pulp to make the scrolls to make the spellbook that you need to go to the dungeon with - wasn't making the pulp "infused". stand on the other side not near the actual BBQ cooker.)

Again it's test - so we're testing but the rewards aren"t even Halloweeny....there's no fun halloween stuff here!!

So, if this is how it's going to be when it launches for all shards..the group of us who were in the Sorc Dungeon last year (every moment we had together, laughing and having fun) we'll be skipping this, this year. :(
It's because it's new and you haven't done it yet, also there are some buggy things going on right now with the crafting portion.

Khaldun Tasty Treats are a little bit buggy on TC, if it doesn't say "Caddellite Infused" on it, then it's bugged and won't work properly. CU will eat the correct ones. And all animals will do damage with the correct tasty treats (if they counter the resist types of the mobs). Kyronix was really nice Friday night, he was on TC at 2 am HIS time helping us figure out the bug with tasty treats. You need caddellite infused fish, you need to be standing in the correct area in the campsite, see Khyro's post.

Another tamer (@Khyro) and myself duoed to the boss yesterday at the champ spawn. We got a decent amount of drops. But you don't even need to the champ mobs even, any of those mobs down there will drop stuff.

Also thieves have the puzzle boxes with have deco items as rewards.

You don't have to do this content if you don't want. There are plenty of other things happening this halloween in game you can do.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I realized you need infused tasty treats - infused EVERYTHING actually, if Kryo was on Friday at 2 am fixing this - it's not fixed..I was on Saturday from 11pm to now which is 4:41 am EST my time. We used infused khaldun tasty treats and the Cus were not eating them and no animals were doing damage in there. As a matter of fact for the whole time I was just in there - there were no pets and tamers fighting - there was one person running around in dog form and that was it (which was the reason WHY we were on magic people and why we abandoned the tamer thing).

PS. I also did about 7 puzzle boxes [not a thief] and it had junk in everything I solved - crates also have the puzzles it's not just the chests.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I realized you need infused tasty treats - infused EVERYTHING actually, if Kryo was on Friday at 2 am fixing this - it's not fixed..I was on Saturday from 11pm to now which is 4:41 am EST my time. We used infused khaldun tasty treats and the Cus were not eating them and no animals were doing damage in there. As a matter of fact for the whole time I was just in there - there were no pets and tamers fighting - there was one person running around in dog form and that was it (which was the reason WHY we were on magic people and why we abandoned the tamer thing).

PS. I also did about 7 puzzle boxes [not a thief] and it had junk in everything I solved - crates also have the puzzles it's not just the chests.
Kyronix spent the time testing with us to determine the issue with the Tasty Treats, it still needs to be fixed in another patch to TC1. You must use the BBQ Smoker as the heat source to get the correct treats. All the treats will say "Khaldun Tasty Treat", but they need to say "Caddellite Infused" to work properly:

Bad Treat, Crafted with an Invalid Heating Source:

Good Treat, Crafted with the BBQ Smoker Heating Source:

If your pet is correctly infused with Caddellite and you are still not doing damage to the mobs, then you need to check which mobs you are fighting. There are 4 types of Skelementals in there, each immune to every elemental type except one, and also have 95% physical resist.

This content requires more thought and planning than last years content, which was just spam aoe and/or all kill. You need to think about what pet and spec to bring.

Yes, it will require some setup with the crafting of Caddellite items, but that is most likely why this is an extended event.

As @Khaelor said, we got spellbooks and tasty treats and did the entire spawn with the 2 of us up until the boss (Which couldn't be killed because of another bug). We probably got around 25 drops total during the run.

Remember this is TC and now is the time to report bugs and give constructive feedback. Kyronix was great working with us the other night and working with our feedback. I'm sure they are willing to listen to constructive feedback, but my guess is they can't do much with "omg this content sucks if it goes in like this I will just not do it.". That doesn't help anyone.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
None the less Proserpina is right , and I'm afraid this will be another grind - fest to them who are really interssested to do this.

My cleverness stopped now at the point that i have no idea where to get all these ood caddelite things - caddelite water to make wood pulps is only one thing - and i miss some more vendors nearby for empty pitchers and so on ;)
Than this enourmous prize to buy the tools : about 100 k . must that be ? Isn't it enough to pay let us say 10 k? That's not the way newcomers will enjoy an event like this ;)

Yes I met Mr. Kyryonix also that night - but I'm still very confused what and where to do in this event :(

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you need one spellbook for all spellcasting or a sep infused spellbook for spellweave, mystic, necro, chiv, or necro?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I only went to last year's twice, I didn't enjoy it at all. Lots of other people seemed to like it though. You can't please everyone.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Like everything else this team does, it just gets grindier and grindier. Fun does not equal grindiness.

This whole scenario will be wasted for me, I refuse to grind even more than we had to do last year.
And to be honest, if we dont get some new FUN stuff, it's gonna be time to start consolidating houses and letting them drop.

What a total crock.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a reason I never go on Test, and let others smooth all the issues out for me. :D

I also don't have the time, when I play, I just like to play.

Keep up the good work. :thumbup1:

Last edited:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I hated the sorcerer's dungeon one. Guess I should poke at this one a bit. Hurray 3 day weekend!

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looked like fun to me, I am not a dungeon fan. I am very happy about new paintings!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of the "treasures of" halloween events had anything halloweeny to the best of my recollection. Sad but true. All the halloween stuff is found elsewhere. I do miss when the halloween events were trying to be "spooky", but at least it's new content.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
yesterday my crafter made Khaldun Tasty treats using the forge as source of heat
the treats were infused...
someone else was kind enough to give out spellbooks
so I went in with spellbook in hand and with a giant beetle
I let the beetle attack and then handed it a treat...
He pulverized the attackers in seconds
Hubby asked me to go do something, so I left the dungeon (about five minutes later)
when back in and the pet couldn't attack
gave the pet a treat and wrote down the time
30 mins later I get a message saying it wore off
I recalled out
(I was only killing the named ones near the front & walked away with 3 of the drops)

yes I am a tamer and it was a slight grind to make the treats
but I also used magery spells to attack the enemy....

heard someone say that if you are a necromage with peace, you would do awesome
going to try that next

fyi I was using an empty infused spellbook and was damaging the mobs more
than when I was using my 50 SDI spellbook before they added all this infusion stuff

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so I went in with spellbook in hand and with a giant beetle
I let the beetle attack and then handed it a treat...
He pulverized the attackers in seconds
Good to see the tamers got something good to do...

Diabolic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looking for help with the spell book one. I make infused blank scrolls but when I make a scroll it doesn't say infused. what am I doing wrong

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
looking for help with the spell book one. I make infused blank scrolls but when I make a scroll it doesn't say infused. what am I doing wrong
you have to use the infused bark fragments to make the wood pulp (the water must be from the lost lands) and also have infused on it
you must be in the tent with the grill in it

then in the mage tent when creating the scroll

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad I have 150 left over from previous years so I can get a few of the bandage belts (not to wear of course). After going there on Test and reading about this "event" on here and on the "other" forum I don't see myself spending much time doing this. I loved the Doom event, the Eodon event was a little more grindy but still fun. Last years was also fun since it required nothing more than showing up in the dungeon and killing mobs. This years looks to be a total PITA and I'd rather spend my time getting named bones, ToT or doing pumpkins. This makes me a little sad because I enjoyed the previous years but I don't enjoy mining, and lumber jacking to get "special resources) to craft "special" weapons to go into a dungeon I don't like to begin with. I can't believe the amount of time and energy must have went into this for such a dumb reason. They had to create special resources, change all the tools to add the new Property and then get the Property to work in the dungeon and from what I've seen and read it's not working as designed. The original testing done in the dungeon before they added the Caddellite was working ok, so not sure why they had to come up with such a complicated grind fest for a 2 month Halloween event.

eZekiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Do you need one spellbook for all spellcasting or a sep infused spellbook for spellweave, mystic, necro, chiv, or necro?
And if this is the case what do weaver's do since you obviously can't make a spellweaving "infused" book?

None of the "treasures of" halloween events had anything halloweeny to the best of my recollection.
Were not the rewards halloween related? Scary Jack-in-the -Box, The Jack's Bag of Treats, the Shackled Heart, etc. Even the bosses seemed to be imo with what they were named such as Jack the Pumpkin King.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have points from the other events you can buy an infused spellbook. It is a copy of the invasion slayer books but only does 25%SDI. That means I can use last years jewelry that I made for them. You get a random slayer when you buy it. Hope for a slayer type thats there or something not there.

Also you should be able to wear the mask you can buy with points and do damage. I do not know for sure that the mask works.

Also revenants can follow you out of the dungeon. I died outside.

We will be rocking this on LS if anyone wants to hop over and join us. Already have crafters ready to make the weapons and spells books. Plenty of fishermen and cooks for the treats.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if this is the case what do weaver's do since you obviously can't make a spellweaving "infused" book?

Were not the rewards halloween related? Scary Jack-in-the -Box, The Jack's Bag of Treats, the Shackled Heart, etc. Even the bosses seemed to be imo with what they were named such as Jack the Pumpkin King.
Oh yeah, I guess those were, I kinda missed out on last year, so I spaced. My bad!

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So before I hear it explained -AGAIN- that you need caddelite infused stuff to make stuff, - YES, I know that - YES, I was using all caddelite infused materials to make caddelite infused things, such as Khaldun (Caddelite) Infused Tasty Treats.

It. Did. Not. Work. The Khaldun Caddelite Infused Tasty Treats were not working.

(I also read in this thread that they lasted about 30 minutes...so for a few hours a day to play the amount of fish and fishing is also going to be ..ugh)

It was nice that Kyronix was there Friday night working out the issues - on Saturday when I was on (stated above) it wasn't working with the tamers and pets. It apparently wasn't working at about 9 Est my time because two friends went to try it while I was still hashing out issues with the spellbook.

(Someone mentioned above about water -- next to the Bakery sign tent there's a trough - go back to Britain buy an empty pitcher and fill it from the water in the trough there. Stand on the other side of that teeny tent or your wood pulp will not be caddelite infused....then head to the mage tent to make the caddelite infused scrolls....etc etc).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last year we had to do a month long arc before we got the pieces for the pyramid to use on weapons.

I think we can handle some crafting.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not everything is for everyone.
i was doing the spawn last patch before all the new stuff got added and i had no problems after i figured out stuff.
its something new, its only here for 2 months, ill be in there playing.
i really dont see any difference between this and the last couple years - its just a different place and different mobs.
relax, dont use the new stuff to make slayers if you dont want too, kill stuff.

i dont plan on making any slayers of anything.
after the first week the numbers of people will drop on the small shards to just 2 or 3 of us so we can chew away at the mobs till we get the drops.

people get so worked up over pixels.
(and yes i do to!)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last year the Titan slayer wasn't needed for anything other than making a cool looking deco item and you didn't need to anything to do the Halloween dungeon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last year the Titan slayer wasn't needed for anything other than making a cool looking deco item and you didn't need to anything to do the Halloween dungeon.
But we still got them. I have 7.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But we still got them. I have 7.
Yeah, I got several as well but they were part of the 20th Anniversary Arc and you did quests to get the different pieces and boy oh boy there was a lot of pancakes on stratics about what a pita it was to get the staff by doing sos's. BTW I still get a staff sometimes when I do sos's lol

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You just need to have a Caddellite Infused weapon/spellbook equipped and all schools of magic will work.

So before I hear it explained -AGAIN- that you need caddelite infused stuff to make stuff, - YES, I know that - YES, I was using all caddelite infused materials to make caddelite infused things, such as Khaldun (Caddelite) Infused Tasty Treats.

It. Did. Not. Work. The Khaldun Caddelite Infused Tasty Treats were not working.

(I also read in this thread that they lasted about 30 minutes...so for a few hours a day to play the amount of fish and fishing is also going to be ..ugh)

It was nice that Kyronix was there Friday night working out the issues - on Saturday when I was on (stated above) it wasn't working with the tamers and pets. It apparently wasn't working at about 9 Est my time because two friends went to try it while I was still hashing out issues with the spellbook.

(Someone mentioned above about water -- next to the Bakery sign tent there's a trough - go back to Britain buy an empty pitcher and fill it from the water in the trough there. Stand on the other side of that teeny tent or your wood pulp will not be caddelite infused....then head to the mage tent to make the caddelite infused scrolls....etc etc).
Craft them in the green area below. The Forge area by the Tinker also correctly crafts them.

As mentioned above, a "Khaldun Tasty Treat" is not a Caddellite Infused tasty treat unless it says it below it:

If you craft in the red area, you get one of these which will not work:

If you feed a bad treat to a vegetarian pet:

If you feed a good treat to a vegetarian pet:

You will now have a buff on your buff bar indicating your Caddellite status:

Equip a Caddellite Spellbook:

I literally just did the entire process on TC, from fishing to cooking, and it works on my pets. If it is not working for you then you are missing a step somewhere.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*screams bangs head*

Thank you Khyro for reiterating, again, what I've already said twice now. IF I knew how to take pictures and post them I would take pictures of the EXACT SAME, CORRECTLY labeled treats like the ones you've posted twice. I understand what they are supposed to say, how to make them and they were not working last night.
(Last night the exact same proper treats that you have labeled as the correct treats were not working - I'm not sure why that's not coming across clearly.)

I will try again when I get home today and see if it is working today.

Today the puzzle chests are actiing up - solved them last night and you could remove what was in them - this morning got a message, "You cannot steal that".

As for last year's fiasco with the Titan thing and pagan spellbook - RNG hates me or my account is cursed because...I fished up over 137 SOS for that stupid stick....then I went to Atlantic and cleaned out vendors there and brought more SOS back to my shard. I gave a the bag of about 40 of those to Mama (love you) and she actually fished it up and gave it to me.

137 (Yes I counted, I like counting...from a IDOC - and no stick for that one [and that was one step]). I had even emailed Mesanna at one point and received no response.

Blachthorn's dungeon - killing mages - I killed 463 mages before I got a drop in there. Then it was another 592 before a second drop....going on 140 (still no drop) when I logged.

As for Khaldum -- 217 meteorites chopped from trees and out of that lot -- 12 polished ones. So, 205 crumbled. That sound about the correct ratio?

*willing to hire white witch, voodoo priest or shaman at this point to uncurse this account*

Oh and it took 17 years before I got a rare colored christmas box!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so that's the point.... really I never - never in my whole UO life had experienced something like this :facepalm:
Thx a lot for this - this was finally very helpful @Khyro
was now able to craft this dammed infused book

Diabolic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so what I see is that you literally have to find a way to kill the stuff to get drops before you can get a mage book so you can cast EV'S to kill stuff or am I totally wrong

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so what I see is that you literally have to find a way to kill the stuff to get drops before you can get a mage book so you can cast EV'S to kill stuff or am I totally wrong
You can make new spellbooks from the infused ingredients. Then get drops and buy one.

Or use points from last years event.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well I'm not sure what you are doing if you cannot get a CU to eat a treat and say you are using the right ones.

cucaddellite.PNG

If you are still having issues with the tasty treats, I don't know what to do further to offer assistance with this. I have tried over ten pets with the tasty treats, all have worked with the correct treats, this included multiple cu and unicorns who are not meat eaters.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it me or are they making each year's Halloween dungeon more complicated each year? 1st year Doom, just kill normal mobs there to get drops. KOTL City, buy Power Cores, walk through death hall, drop power cores and create spawn for an hour. Sorcerers Dungeon, gauntlet style spawn (not difficult and you can join in any time).. This year is WTF complicated.... and with complications comes bugs.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we'll be seeing the infused items, tasty treats, weapons, spellbooks, etc on player run vendors. Most likely the majority of players will choose this method for obtaining said items needed to go kill, kill, kill.

*Jumps to the head of the line*