• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No overhead text or chat

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi Pinco

One of my chars cannot speak in global or chat, and has no overhead spells, and cannot talk to others.
I must have switched something off but for the life of me I cannot see what I have done
Any ideas?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco

One of my chars cannot speak in global or chat, and has no overhead spells, and cannot talk to others.
I must have switched something off but for the life of me I cannot see what I have done
Any ideas?
You should check if you have errors, but the easy solution would be to copy the settings of another character :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how do I do that and will it affect the players stats?
Just go into the user data folder inside documents and delete the file with the character name. It won't affect any stat since none of that stuff is saved locally :D

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
and it still does not work, I even imported setting form another char wow whats happened!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and it still does not work, I even imported setting form another char wow whats happened!
there is some error probably, check the Error Logs (RIGHT-CLICK the EC Playsound icon in the system tray and select Errors Log Viewer) and let me know..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since there are no useful errors in the log, make sure you have the "overhead chat" option active, also make sure you haven't been squelched (there was a quest once upon a time that used to show some dungeons to the players and if you log out that character during that quest you get permanently squelched).

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
let me check ,with regards to squelching, this is my stay at home crafter :)