• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Woodland armour + refiments issue.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was wanting to use refiments on my woodland armour and i ran into a bit of an issue. If i take the mage armour off to use my woodland armour i gain 0 lmc bonus. I really think this is pretty bad. My proposed fix to this would either make all armour that is not medable to give +3 LMC. Or, allow peices with mage armour to be refined.
upload_2018-8-31_16-52-16.png

Opinons / concerns?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sounds good to me. But they did this for a reason. You want the bonus on all armor types. All dexxers have 55 LMC without having to find Studded or bone.

The prices of studded suits will drop. Takes away the challenge of finding the right dex suit.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
fine as it is. can get extra mod when enhancing wood armor. this is why there is no lmc bonus

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Woodland enhanced w/ HCI and DI, both mods currently unavailable to imbue on any armor can be pretty tight.
Heartwood still stacks w/ reforging on HCI right? Mods w/ resists can build some wicked armor.
The imbue weights on max property imbued then enhanced (woodland) armor exceeds any armor currently craftable.

Granted, the legendary loot drops may make this old vestige of crafting trivial but when implemented (LMC buffs)
half the game was running around w/ sampires in woodland gear. I think it was an attempt to create more diversity
in suit building.... and it worked. A trade off of sorts.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sounds good to me. But they did this for a reason. You want the bonus on all armor types. All dexxers have 55 LMC without having to find Studded or bone.

The prices of studded suits will drop. Takes away the challenge of finding the right dex suit.
Sure, but do you think refiments should be allowed on mage armour. Because, if i can't have 55 lmc on my suit - I should be at least be able to refine the armour how i want?

fine as it is. can get extra mod when enhancing wood armor. this is why there is no lmc bonus
i see your point with enchancing. But, with that logic shouldnt platemail, ringmail, chainmail and dragon armour all be 3 lmc?

Woodland enhanced w/ HCI and DI, both mods currently unavailable to imbue on any armor can be pretty tight.
Heartwood still stacks w/ reforging on HCI right? Mods w/ resists can build some wicked armor.
The imbue weights on max property imbued then enhanced (woodland) armor exceeds any armor currently craftable.

Granted, the legendary loot drops may make this old vestige of crafting trivial but when implemented (LMC buffs)
half the game was running around w/ sampires in woodland gear. I think it was an attempt to create more diversity
in suit building.... and it worked. A trade off of sorts.
Great points. I believe to create more diversity now allowing refiments onto these peices of armour regardless of mage armour status is probably a good step.
It seems refiments currently favour very certain classes, which are currently the mostly played ones.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd rather see:
Increase Metal Armor to +2 (+10) LMC bonus, capping at 50.
Studded, Bone, Stone & Hide Armor, remain at +3 (+15) LMC bonus, capping at 55.
Woodland Armor should provide a +1 (+5) LMC bonus, capping at 45 -due to the additional properties from enhancing.

Refinements shouldn't even affect caps Resist/Dci caps when it comes to Pvp-related damage. If that happens, then there wouldn't be a reason for them not to be usable on any armor type, regardless of it being med-able or not.

The obvious agenda here is to allow mana intensive templates (mages) to reach 75 in all resistances while regenerating mana with meditation so that it's easier to maintain, as if mages aren't and haven't been the top of the food chain (pvp) for the last 8+ years, even more so with powercreep brought by global loot.