• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will you use one of the top three castle/keep designs?

Will you use any of the top three for your castle/keep?

• #1 Keep

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • #2 Gothic Rose Castle (pink floors and all)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • #2 Gothic Rose Castle (adding in custom granite floors/carpet)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • #3 Tatiana's Castle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No I will keep all my old Castle(s) and/or Keep(s) as is

Votes: 58 78.4%
  • Don't own a keep or castle

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a keep and a castle
I will be changing my keep first not sure what castle I will be using at this time.I know one thing I'm doing is clearing out my places before I turn them haha my luck all my stuff will go poof and not go into the moving crate

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't have a castle and I didn't like the winning Keep design, I'll stick with my 18x18 until we get something I like or could at least live with. My husband won't be changing his castle either, he isn't a fan of pink or chess boards and the other castle is just plain bad looking.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should of been more concise rules. Why would a gargoyle castle with pink floors be a design a majority would use? It should of been clear a classic house design needed to be stone etc etc. the gargoyle looking one has a decent look to it, the other one sums up UO contests..it’s an abomination. I’m a NO to custom keep/castles btw not until they make people sign a contract to not build 32x32 cubes with neon pavers/walls. Another bad implementation on the devs part. Should of never been neon dyable. Too lazy to make stone dye tubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have and don't want a castle, so no, but I do enjoy house design. Where can I see the winners?
Uhm.... stop this better - ye be warned.
At TC see the stone make youself a gate and wish you have not - *twinkles*

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
As soon as the publish goes live I will be replacing my current castle with Dot's design..I am up for the deco challenge.

I still don't like all the tiny rooms she put in there but the overall design is stunning.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Britain WBB than straight east to this new market place
violet stone

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britain WBB than straight east to this new market place
violet stone
Hmm.. yeah. Not a huge fan of any of these. My opinion of the design aside, I have always really disliked the gothic tileset. The way it pokes up through the floor like that, and how poorly it tiles.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had fun building and I think many of us got whiser from it .How limited we are due to missing wall tiles and pillars that doesnt take the right position on the ground etc. And how much trickier it is than it looks to get things how we want. I didnt see anything I liked this time but maybe another time ..esp if a jury pick the winners without knowing whos building it is.

Angleswings

Adventurer
#1 an #2 winners are Ok, but I really wish they let us go into customization mode and change the floor, that pink gives me headache!

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With over 300 contest entries, perhaps an additional round or two of voting to winnow down the choices would resolve some of the criticism expressed in various threads.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno how you combat people with access to 20, 50, 100 active accounts being requested to vote for a single design tho

Shoulda just let ppl build for ideas and then the devs take that information and out together a real castle.

A medieval castle.

Not a cube, not a church, not a villa. A fkin castle.

Angleswings

Adventurer
I posted this on another topic:

I agree 100%
This was done incorrectly in my opinion (of course everybody have their own) but out of the 300 designs the DEVS should have picked 5 and THAN have the players decide on votes. someone else said this and I can confirm, I was there and I saw at least 20 accounts moving all at the same time, meaning was 1 player controlling them all and they all stop at the voting stone, just like any other Gov election, most liked Paid to Win, How come is this fair? I understand that people pay for the accounts but why someone or a guild can decide which design is best for us?

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i just found out something interesting.

after i looked for how many votes i got and spoke to my closest friends (yes i also asked friends to vote for me)
we did the math.. we came to the conclusion the stone did not cast all votes.

myself i used 4 accounts. and the handful closest friends voted in total 15 accounts for me, how can i have 16 votes then?
i have the feeling that many others who had great designs somehow got screwed over (intended or not)

the whole contest actually turned into "who can line up most accounts" which has nothing to do with best designs,

the only way this could have ended in some kind of "we look for the best designs and choose 3 of them" would have been that the Devs (each one of them) uses a premade list and go over all designs to give points if the house matches the rules in the list.
from the lets say 20 with the highest score we can can choose by vote 3 keeps and 3 castles.

again, iam was not salty because i did not win, however iam pissed now that it looks that the stone didn work properly.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't voted yet, as I don't know what I am voting for, where do I see the results?

I would maybe change, if something gave me a huge floorplan layout.
I'm not into deco, or castles, I just happen to have one in Felucca, it's for the storage and space.
If I could get something more practical and huge sizewise, I could be tempted.

Or, I may actually sell it. Europa Felucca if anyone is interested.
I don't need a castle, I'm also winding down playing on production, would fairly happily sell it to someone who is into this stuff, to open up a slot for someone who cares about this playstyle.

Or, I may just give everything to my GM tbh. I probably owe him everything. :D

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No I will not and IMHO the next round will be no different than this one. All show and no go designs.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I just dropped 2 houses 2 more to go,

I’m keeping my main accounts and the next round of castle voting I’m going to vote for empty lots again lol

I’ll be keeping my castles as is unless they give us customizable lots

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's " Go look at the houses and vote for the ones you like" and then "Go vote for my house", hopefully the next contest will have more of the former.
Doubtful... we all know how UO works... Greed. Plain and simple.

All this hype and when it's all over most of us who actually DO have castles and keeps are left with NOTHING worth using but the same old thing we have had for how long?

I won't be using any of those designs. All I wanted was something more functional that still looked good but that I could finish myself with the stuff we have available... sure there were a lot of neat designs but try putting in walls and doors to match in those garish colors... will look hideous and out of place... try using some of the designs the tiny rooms, the tiny single flight stairs... the layout of many was worse than what we currently have... It's already a PITA to get around in a castle or keep I don't want to have something that is more difficult... I didn't want a 100 doors to go through I didn't want to run through 30 teleporters.. (try doing that with a heavy object)... didn't want prebuilt crap that wastes the space... If I want a lovely waterfall or a nifty pit of lava I'll add that myself... what I need is space to put my collections, space to set up for events, space to house all the nifty things I have and I don't need all that stuff being outdone by garish design with hideous colors all over... I'd rather see what I want to display rather than have the "display" be just the design... If I want a bright and fancy floor I'll do that with carpet and tile I craft rather than be stuck with some hideous floor that's there.

I wanted something simple... functional and usable, something nice.

What we got was not any of that. Yes Dot's design was pretty .... but highly impractical and not really very functional.... and certainly not something I feel guild hall like or even something I could live in... It's a cathedral... I'm not holding church in my castle.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem is see a lot with UO players they don’t stick together. If everyone would have worked together demanding customizable castles and keeps we probably would have got them.

Instead the me me me attitude won while the mass majority lost.

So next pub same thing then repeat until UO is no more but hey maybe 30 people in the end will be happy and the rest of the players will still be hating their castles and keeps :confused:

I’m sure the leader will be full of excuses why the game finally closed never admitting her bad decision slowly killed of this beast lol

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing against the designs, they just don't suit my tastes. The keep design is close to what i would like but just not "it" for me.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
they are not, however there was not any word about only master account count
However that, or a mechanism looking for groups voting en bloc in a short period of time (and treating those votes as suspect - invalid if they prove to have the same source IP on a human QA pass), is EXACTLY what one would expect with any voting system where the participants in the contest are also the voters.

AND, it's the sort of thing that the potential abusers are NOT told about ahead of time, in order for the abusers to not realize they need to adjust strategy to get around it (you know, like most critical exploit fixes?)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However that, or a mechanism looking for groups voting en bloc in a short period of time (and treating those votes as suspect - invalid if they prove to have the same source IP on a human QA pass), is EXACTLY what one would expect with any voting system where the participants in the contest are also the voters.

AND, it's the sort of thing that the potential abusers are NOT told about ahead of time, in order for the abusers to not realize they need to adjust strategy to get around it (you know, like most critical exploit fixes?)
So are you trying to tell me that all of my votes only counted as one vote because they all had the same IP address.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

thats completely idiotic...

i do agree that simply lining up 100 accounts is not a good idea for this kind of contest.
however the guy with 100 accounts also PAY 100 accounts which makes him basically a 100times "better" customer for BS than you with one. there is NO sane reason whatsoever to actually start pissing of those persons.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I will wait and see. Do I like the designs enough to move all my stuff and place/redecorate? Probably nothing short of a miniature Neuhaswanstein would be worth it and only then after others test it out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should just make the castle/keep customization tool available on all shards and be done with all this crap. Just take out the blue crystal tile set abomination and be done with it.

I note that my castle (199) only had 102 visits, so who knows, being number 199 probably didn't help. I did get 13 votes tho and don't know anyone that voted for me. When I hear all the criticism of the winners, I go look at mine and see NONE of those issues as being a problem, so wonder exactly how or who voted as it can't have been those on here.

Anyways, I won't be switching as I don't want in built fireplaces in positions I don't want them, I do not want a pink castle and the other castle has too many tile choices and is imo a pretty poor design anyways. The empty plot is ok, If we had the ability to actually make a lot more in granite, but I do wonder exactly how much lag 4 floors of granite addons, walls, floors, stairs would lag you if you even attempted to build it from scratch.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should just make the castle/keep customization tool available on all shards and be done with all this crap. Just take out the blue crystal tile set abomination and be done with it.
Yep.