• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

because i like asking silly questions on two forums...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why can i not use chiv spells or special weapon moves in horrific beast form but am able in all other necro forms??(i recall when AOS first came out playing a necro/pally who hunted solen in HB form) as a extra bonus silly question why can i not use special weapon moves in Ninja animal forms?? (i recall something about Dog archers being OP in PVP??)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Certain forms (ninja forms) gave bonuses that were OP when combined with a few moves and a certain suit of armor. The response was a nerf to all forms, which needs to be undone at this point. Power creep has kind of made it an irrelevant nerf.

All spells and special moves should be available to a morphed character, we really don't need to see everything. If someone wants to play a feline paladin swordfighter or a ninja ferret necromancer, more power to them!

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe horrific beast was done that way as a limiter. This was before Mr.Tact went through and put caps on item properties. You can cast Necro Spells now in horrific beast form if your Necro focused. No other casting skills and their modifiers.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Moloch Form (Horrific Beast) used to be pretty nasty in PvP when AoS first launched. I had a friend named "Demios" who would run around on a Necro/Macer with Berserker's Maul (TOTALLY OP before swing cap), Bracelet of Health, and some other artifacts. It was pretty funny watching 3-4 people at the same time try to kill him, and fail. He'd out regen/heal everything they threw at him. He would just bola them one by one, run up on them, and crush them in a couple seconds (Berserker's Maul swinging every 0.5 secs was disgusting).

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why can i not use chiv spells or special weapon moves in horrific beast form but am able in all other necro forms??(i recall when AOS first came out playing a necro/pally who hunted solen in HB form) as a extra bonus silly question why can i not use special weapon moves in Ninja animal forms?? (i recall something about Dog archers being OP in PVP??)
Man.. that reminds me of the high hopes I had for the wrestling specialization. I don't think I've ever done more testing or given more feedback.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moloch Form (Horrific Beast) used to be pretty nasty in PvP when AoS first launched. I had a friend named "Demios" who would run around on a Necro/Macer with Berserker's Maul (TOTALLY OP before swing cap), Bracelet of Health, and some other artifacts. It was pretty funny watching 3-4 people at the same time try to kill him, and fail. He'd out regen/heal everything they threw at him. He would just bola them one by one, run up on them, and crush them in a couple seconds (Berserker's Maul swinging every 0.5 secs was disgusting).
Heh, man, berserkers maul being OP... how young we once were. :p

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember the bz maul being annoying as hell! Also 4/6 fc mages were insane, just spamming fs. Ah the madness aos brought!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the bz maul being annoying as hell! Also 4/6 fc mages were insane, just spamming fs. Ah the madness aos brought!
I wanted one of those mauls so bad... I ran doom constantly and never got a damn thing. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wanted one of those mauls so bad... I ran doom constantly and never got a damn thing. :(
Ditto... only I wanted the Hunters Headress... I wanted it so bad... but no never got anything until just shortly before they changed the drop system there so you built up until finally, it gave you something... And what did I get? Stinking Dragon Lance. Meanwhile one of my guildmates got something every single time we went to Doom... In fact, he often got more than one drop... made you want to puke... especially the day he got back to back orny's off 2 DF's in a row... at which point I wanted to scream.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto... only I wanted the Hunters Headress... I wanted it so bad... but no never got anything until just shortly before they changed the drop system there so you built up until finally, it gave you something... And what did I get? Stinking Dragon Lance. Meanwhile one of my guildmates got something every single time we went to Doom... In fact, he often got more than one drop... made you want to puke... especially the day he got back to back orny's off 2 DF's in a row... at which point I wanted to scream.
Yeah man I can't tell you how many times I did doom with bupkis to show for it. I even tried it again after the pity timer addition, and I still never got anything. I'm not sure that I've ever gotten any rare drop in this game, hah.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah man I can't tell you how many times I did doom with bupkis to show for it. I even tried it again after the pity timer addition, and I still never got anything. I'm not sure that I've ever gotten any rare drop in this game, hah.
First time doing Scalis I got the 1 tile soulforge... I've actually gotten that 2 times now. I love doing Scalis... sadly though 99% of Net toss's are on the weekends when I work. So you can guess how many times I get to do that now.

After that update to the pity drop I did manage to get 1 hat of the magi and an armor of fortune... But most every other drop is garbage .... never gotten the Orni...

We used to do Travisty runs 10X over 3 or 4 days a week as well as doing runs of Lady M... and nearly every other person in our group got Crimy's over and over... one even felt sorry for me and gave me one... I always took my luck tamer... had the highest luck in the bunch and you could tell I was doing the damage and the luck was paying out but it was years before I ever finally got a Crimy and I almost left it on the corpse as I couldn't figure out why Travisty dropped cloth... Took several moments for me to realize I'd gotten a crimy... I did get the odd mask or two but nothing good.

Never gotten a good hair dye either... if I get one it's usually one of the green ones...

And I can't tell you how many champ spawns I've done and the best drop I ever got was a pier... once. I get a few 120's but back in the day it was always something like Wrestling... (thank god I'm a pack rat! I had at least 10 saved up)... but then since the pet thing all I get now for 120's is Macing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten plenty of 120's but that drop rates on those aren't all that rare, and a few level 3 primers. None for the most desirables skills, but plenty to meet my own needs anyway. None of the unique drops they have, not even a slime statue from barracoon, whom I've killed solo at least a hundred times hah.