• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

daily whine 485438-443 or custom castles...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have many questions about this
is there going to be a minimum of designs submitted before voting starts (or are the Devs selecting the winner)
if put to vote will everyone get vote or just the current owners of keeps/castles
part of me honestly wants to wonder why Dev resources and time are being spent on something that will only ever be enjoyed by a small percentage of the player base...(yes i have a castle on Origin there's room for you to place one come)

i posted this on the "official" board with out much response .....

lets do math (all numbers made entirely up)
lets say UO has 1000 players
50 of them have a castle or keep why would any time/effort/resources be spent (with so little available to begin with) on such a huge tasks that will benefit very few.....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The game lives on collecting pixels and deco. They know that.

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we know not more at this moment than that from the News and this from the Placing Tool Stone / TC Britain.

That the Devs give no responses might be caused by "being to busy"? We're used to this point since years - here on stratics and why should it be the way round on the offiziell board ? I'll think they will make "peep" if they have something to say to us ;)

upload_2018-8-13_9-53-28.png

Syncros

Adventurer
Considering they can make plots larger then the current sizes they should just expand on the current plot sizes to keep size and give them castle item limits.

More players can enjoy the custom larger plots to design with which would equal more players wanting to stay subbed.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
On most shards, other than Atlantic, players own a big house, keep or better and they don't pay massive prices for them. Going to argue that unless you play on Atlantic, owning a keep or castle is completely obtainable for most of the players.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50 of them have a castle or keep why would any time/effort/resources be spent (with so little available to begin with) on such a huge tasks that will benefit very few.....
Having players submit designs requires no work from the dev team. So good news, you don't need to whine about it! :D

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you'll find that the tool to let players submit designs took about 6 months of work to get it 90% working...so yeah. ;)
Or they just didn't prioritize dealing with it, and spent their time working on other stuff. All that had to be done was incrase the XxX on the house customizer.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember, UO's birthday is coming up so most of their time and resources are going into a party of some kind or maybe a global event. The contest is just a way for them to "Pass the buck" so to speak. By letting people design keeps and castles is just 1 thing they dont have to do.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it's all just "pass the buck".
You'll notice they are not even attempting to "improve" UO for the next generation....just adding stuff to the already old and frail client.
It's called Misdirection.
They just spend time doing not much while getting paid for it then add in some junk AND something that enrages the population and takes the focus off the fact the stuff they just added would take like a month at best to make.
Something a certain President is VERY good at. ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it's all just "pass the buck".
You'll notice they are not even attempting to "improve" UO for the next generation....just adding stuff to the already old and frail client.
It's called Misdirection.
They just spend time doing not much while getting paid for it then add in some junk AND something that enrages the population and takes the focus off the fact the stuff they just added would take like a month at best to make.
Something a certain President is VERY good at. ;)
Next generation? There's barely a current generation, and not because of some elaborate grift... it's just a very old, very outdated game that just gets older and more outdated every year. Nothing short of making a sequel is going to change that at this point.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finally took a stroll over to TC/ Ice island to have a look around.................Does no one that has a spot on TC have an imagination? I would rather be able to send screen shots of homes I have and have the Devs blow my 18 x18's into keeps and castles....

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally took a stroll over to TC/ Ice island to have a look around.................Does no one that has a spot on TC have an imagination? I would rather be able to send screen shots of homes I have and have the Devs blow my 18 x18's into keeps and castles....
I think the problem is that people are judging these new castles on what "they" want and not what the person who designed the castle wants.
Also the fact you cannot decorate them with anything other than the tool items so you don't see the "vision" the person who did the castle has in mind.

It's basically why this competition will turn into a popularity contest or somebody with multiple subbed accounts getting votes.
Everybody's idea of a castle is what "they" themselves want for the stuff they do in-game.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's basically why this competition will turn into a popularity contest or somebody with multiple subbed accounts getting votes.
Everybody's idea of a castle is what "they" themselves want for the stuff they do in-game.
I am kinda interested in seeing who has the most accounts though. Other than that I have no interest in this as I will never own a castle or keep.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* well there will be 2 castle spots opening up on Europa soon as i'll be dropping my accounts down to EJ level.
Was holding out on for the "Castle re-vamp" but both have tree's so will never be able to see the new designs.

One half-assed implemented "new" feature too many for me, they don't deserve my money any longer.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*chuckles* well there will be 2 castle spots opening up on Europa soon as i'll be dropping my accounts down to EJ level.
Was holding out on for the "Castle re-vamp" but both have tree's so will never be able to see the new designs.

One half-assed implemented "new" feature too many for me, they don't deserve my money any longer.
Aye, EJ was the best thing to happen to this game if you ask me. I finally can do whatever I want for free. When you stop being a slave to the pixels, it really opens up a new world. A world with an extra case of beer every month!

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I feel the same way even though my 3 castles and a keep can all be changed to the Devs/UO pets/cheerleaders winning design.
( that why I didn’t even waste my time trying to compete, the winners I’m sure have already been chosen, very sad to feel this way no trust what so ever in this team)

They none stop seem to be “Fixing” parts of the game that aren’t broken like the dungeons, champ spawns, pets, etc. they do things nobody asked for or wants (maybe there little echo chamber freinds asked for it who knows)

There isn’t much left worth doing that isn’t insanely boring or a grind fest.

I’m beyond sick of seeing others and my self ask them questions and never getting a direct answer, all I can awesome is they don’t have a pancaking clue as to what they are doing.

We truly need a new team new blood new direction and mostly a new leader.

I have removed my billing information on 4 accounts already (last month)

I’m sure I’ll keep a couple accounts active until the beginning of next year and then make decision on those.

Sorry rant over I need my coffee :pint:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh can I just go on record as saying the "team" are awesome, the fault lies solely with the person in charge and her "my way or the highway" rule....why many a good dev have already left.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh can I just go on record as saying the "team" are awesome, the fault lies solely with the person in charge and her "my way or the highway" rule....why many a good dev have already left.
Lol yup pretty much, she needs to take a long trip down the highway her self with her little click of :cheerleader: peeps.