• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hiryu colors in EC

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Are lesser hiryus all the same color in EC? I killed 20 of them and they all looked like this (light dirty green and tan)
Lesser Hiryu.jpg

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Short answer is no. I find using EC makes it easier to spot the blue lesser hiryu. The green ones also stand out a bit better as well.
I’m guessing you’re just having a bit of bad luck if all you are finding are the plain ones. Blue ones are the most rare, but green ones do spawn on a regular basis.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm using EC, mine is a nice blue lesser.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
EC definitely has multiple colors. I've had green ones and blue ones before. The RNG must be trolling you.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Trust me there are 2 different blues and 2 different green colored lesser Hiryu in the EC... You will know when you find one. One blue is slightly darker than the other and one green is more yellow/green than green.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should have your boy @Khaelor make a color chart for Cus. :D
Actually started one back on June 12th, just never finished it. We probably have a good 30 pages that are partially done that haven't been published. A lot of free time was diverted to making the intensity calc and pet planner and/or testing on test center.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Update on the Lesser Hiryu color chart. We actually realized there is a 6th Lesser Hiryu color, which we are just calling "Light Green" for now. It's essentially indistinguishable in CC, but you can see the difference in the EC. They are technically different Hues (33428 and 33429). The chart has been updated with this 6th color.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats like the 3 greens for Hiryus. The 2 greens that just are not Neon Green.

Have to get that chart also. A Hiryu that you dont put Cold or Poison resist on has decent HP.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Whhoraa!!
After months of spawning, i finally landed a Strong Green or Neon Green Hiryu! Hard to believe! It also has overcap Str and Parry..Its not a lesser but very rare greater Hiryu.
I have heard it can take years to get either this one or the Strong Pink one..

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm... strong green hiryu AND overcapped STR must be very, very rare. On one image that is 'floating around' - there is a spawn probability listed for a strong (green / purple) hiryu of 0.09% (!)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whhoraa!!
After months of spawning, i finally landed a Strong Green or Neon Green Hiryu! Hard to believe! It also has overcap Str and Parry..Its not a lesser but very rare greater Hiryu.
I have heard it can take years to get either this one or the Strong Pink one..
:postpics:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hmmm... strong green hiryu AND overcapped STR must be very, very rare. On one image that is 'floating around' - there is a spawn probability listed for a strong (green / purple) hiryu of 0.09% (!)
Yep its a post by Basara that has all the colors and spawn rates. Post is a little old but the numbers have not changed through the years..

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Update on the Lesser Hiryu color chart. We actually realized there is a 6th Lesser Hiryu color, which we are just calling "Light Green" for now. It's essentially indistinguishable in CC, but you can see the difference in the EC. They are technically different Hues (33428 and 33429). The chart has been updated with this 6th color.
Maybe this is the light green?
Edit: I just read there is a color hue in the classic client that works on pets (EC doesn't work)? If so, guess I need to download it and learn to use it again (I forget everything about the classic client)
Lesser light green.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Light Green and there is no color chart in CC. But we can see the colors.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How do you match the colors to those hue numbers? Sorry for the ignorance

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Might be interested in selling it to collector at some point..
I would not add any points to the cold or poison resist and make an ai chiv pet.

Would have decent HP then.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
For anyone interested, we have completed the color chart for normal Hiryus, which can be viewed here: Color Charts: Hiryu | uo-cah.com

I believe this is now the most complete Hiryu color chart out there, as it includes the two similar greens (Green and Light Green), which I have not seen on any other chart include. It also shows both the CC and EC versions of each color.

I have chosen to include the spawn probability % which is based on an old Dev post from 2007, but I do not know if that information is still accurate. If I were to go off my personal experience, Cyan would be the rarest color, and Strong Purple/Strong Green more common colors :p

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For anyone interested, we have completed the color chart for normal Hiryus, which can be viewed here: Color Charts: Hiryu | uo-cah.com

I believe this is now the most complete Hiryu color chart out there, as it includes the two similar greens (Green and Light Green), which I have not seen on any other chart include. It also shows both the CC and EC versions of each color.

I have chosen to include the spawn probability % which is based on an old Dev post from 2007, but I do not know if that information is still accurate. If I were to go off my personal experience, Cyan would be the rarest color, and Strong Purple/Strong Green more common colors :p
Once again : WOW ! This is great work. Thanks!