• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why ca

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Why can't we have a Champ Spawn in Trammel??

I have been playing this game for 20 years now and for many years had over 11 accounts running at one time. Over the years I have shut down the accounts and even left to play WoW for 10 years, leaving 5 of my accounts on UO running just for my houses and items. The reason I did that was because I got tired of the way things were lopsided in PvP & PvM and I followed my friends to WoW. Most of them closed their accounts here on UO and have not returned. I however decided to give UO another try. It really has not changed.

Sure they have added a few new places to go. Graphics are the same, PvP is still lopsided when it comes to the tamer. Our pets just do not hurt the player like they should! This sure leaves us defenseless when our pets are OUR weapon! Why nerf our pets???

Anyway, you put in the new pet training system which adds a new element to the game but they need the scrolls to be any good and where do they come from?? Spawns in felucca! I like doing the spawns, but I hate PvPing. So I am at the mercy of the PvPers.

Why can't we have at least dungeon like Despise in Felucca, in Trammal where we can go and not get jumped by the PvPer and get powerscrolls too? PLEASE??

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think sometimes people over value PS on pets. You can make a great pet with 10s. If you want 20s then you have to pay up, or take a little risk in fel. If you do spawns at non peak hours, or on a dead server you will rarely encounter a pk. If they move Champs to tram it will severely hurt pvp. BTW wow pvp is just as lopsided, you can buy your way to 2k arena rating (I know non wow players have no idea what I'm talking about). Just play a disc priest, and rarely die. I play both games, and UO pvp is much funner because it seems more intense, wow has gotten very very easy. I think a lot of people love UO for its pvp. Tram Champs with 20 scrolls would ruin pvp.
Why can't we have a Champ Spawn in Trammel??

I have been playing this game for 20 years now and for many years had over 11 accounts running at one time. Over the years I have shut down the accounts and even left to play WoW for 10 years, leaving 5 of my accounts on UO running just for my houses and items. The reason I did that was because I got tired of the way things were lopsided in PvP & PvM and I followed my friends to WoW. Most of them closed their accounts here on UO and have not returned. I however decided to give UO another try. It really has not changed.

Sure they have added a few new places to go. Graphics are the same, PvP is still lopsided when it comes to the tamer. Our pets just do not hurt the player like they should! This sure leaves us defenseless when our pets are OUR weapon! Why nerf our pets???

Anyway, you put in the new pet training system which adds a new element to the game but they need the scrolls to be any good and where do they come from?? Spawns in felucca! I like doing the spawns, but I hate PvPing. So I am at the mercy of the PvPers.

Why can't we have at least dungeon like Despise in Felucca, in Trammal where we can go and not get jumped by the PvPer and get powerscrolls too? PLEASE??
Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think sometimes people over value PS on pets. You can make a great pet with 10s. If you want 20s then you have to pay up, or take a little risk in fel. If you do spawns at non peak hours, or on a dead server you will rarely encounter a pk. If they move Champs to tram it will severely hurt pvp. BTW wow pvp is just as lopsided, you can buy your way to 2k arena rating (I know non wow players have no idea what I'm talking about). Just play a disc priest, and rarely die. I play both games, and UO pvp is much funner because it seems more intense, wow has gotten very very easy. I think a lot of people love UO for its pvp. Tram Champs with 20 scrolls would ruin pvp.

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your feedback. I play a disc priest as well and I know what you are saying. But I am not talking about just 120s. We have some PvPers that really aren't there to get the scrolls but there don't want you to get them either so its a mess right now getting PS. We do go at off times and quiet shards but that doesn't always work out for the working class person. So really, give me a good reason that there can't be one tram dungeon set up for PS for those of us that HATE PVPing? I know that I am NOT the only one that hates pvping! LOL

I much prefer helping others play the game and having fun challenging the bosses instead of each other! :)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pvpers will quit because the only pvp left would be fel yew gate. If Pvpers quit the game, UO goes down the drain financially.
Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your feedback. I play a disc priest as well and I know what you are saying. But I am not talking about just 120s. We have some PvPers that really aren't there to get the scrolls but there don't want you to get them either so its a mess right now getting PS. We do go at off times and quiet shards but that doesn't always work out for the working class person. So really, give me a good reason that there can't be one tram dungeon set up for PS for those of us that HATE PVPing? I know that I am NOT the only one that hates pvping! LOL

I much prefer helping others play the game and having fun challenging the bosses instead of each other! :)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pvpers will quit because the only pvp left would be fel yew gate.
And this is the part we really fail to understand. Trammel getting PS wouldn't mean they take them away from Fel, so all PvP-ers can still play for fun over there. We just really fail to see why they NEED the easy pickings, that surely can't be part of anything fun? :confused2:
(We do agree PS are not a requirement on Pets.)
As for scripters, how would one script a champ spawn? If you go in too deep, you die, if you stay out too far, you can't progress well or kill the champ? :confused2: Something that varying would need manual play?

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And this is the part we really fail to understand. Trammel getting PS wouldn't mean they take them away from Fel, so all PvP-ers can still play for fun over there. We just really fail to see why they NEED the easy pickings, that surely can't be part of anything fun? :confused2:
As for scripters, how would one script a champ spawn? If you go in too deep, you die, if you stay out too far, you can't progress well or kill the champ? :confused2: Something that varying would need manual play?
Not picking a side on this argument but the scripters are easy to get rid of. Just constantly bring mass waves of spawn over, invis, rinse repeat.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Who would do a fel champ spawn if you could go and do one in tram with no chance at being pked? Fel spawns would be constantly empty. The only way I see a tram spawn working is if you can't get 20s, or the spawn is so hard it would be worth the risk of doing fel spawns. I love pvm and pvp, this is a debate that's been going on for years on UO, and no one has the golden answer.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me as a PvPer, I need a cause, I need a reason to fight.

I'm not a PKer, I see no challenge in just killing someone defenceless, I kill people who have the ability to beat me, but even in that scenario, I'm not one of those PvPers who will just mess at Yew Gate just for the sheer joy of PvP - those players do exist, but they are not so many.

In football you have goalposts and score goals, in basketball you score baskets, I need the competitive element, it has to have meaning.
For it to have meaning, it needs to have an integral value in the game.
Champ spawns, and powerscrolls are the only current option ingame at the moment.

VvV could fit this bill, if they gave it decent rewards that had the proper value, as it is, VvV is a failure because the rewards don't fit the bill, to give scoring that goal any meaning.
It doesn't create the sense of needing/wanting to win and be competitive, I don't get the feeling of winning an objective that the opponent wanted to win, it's meaningless.

PvP is the top end game content, it deserves the top game content rewards.
I would be fine for powerscrolls to go to Trammel, if they beefed up the PvP content (for say the VvV PvP system) and put it at the top of the tree where it belongs.
At the moment, only Champ spawns fit the bill. Take that away, and there is no competitive element left in UO.

Syncros

Adventurer
The same old issue is easily fixed by the simple removal of power scrolls.

Fixes the imbalances they cause but pvpers don't want to lose their carrot and the dev's think it'll run them off completely.

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Theres players running like 3 accounts scripting champion spawns on dead shards all day.

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
For me as a PvPer, I need a cause, I need a reason to fight.

I'm not a PKer, I see no challenge in just killing someone defenceless, I kill people who have the ability to beat me, but even in that scenario, I'm not one of those PvPers who will just mess at Yew Gate just for the sheer joy of PvP - those players do exist, but they are not so many.

In football you have goalposts and score goals, in basketball you score baskets, I need the competitive element, it has to have meaning.
For it to have meaning, it needs to have an integral value in the game.
Champ spawns, and powerscrolls are the only current option ingame at the moment.

VvV could fit this bill, if they gave it decent rewards that had the proper value, as it is, VvV is a failure because the rewards don't fit the bill, to give scoring that goal any meaning.
It doesn't create the sense of needing/wanting to win and be competitive, I don't get the feeling of winning an objective that the opponent wanted to win, it's meaningless.

PvP is the top end game content, it deserves the top game content rewards.
I would be fine for powerscrolls to go to Trammel, if they beefed up the PvP content (for say the VvV PvP system) and put it at the top of the tree where it belongs.
At the moment, only Champ spawns fit the bill. Take that away, and there is no competitive element left in UO.

Well you are one of the rare ones nowadays. We have some on our shard now that just come out to the spawn, not to get the scrolls, but simply to screw up our chance at getting them. They don't wait until the spawn is almost over to kill us, heck most don't even complete the one we are doing. They simply want us to give them a count or they want to simply have any easy kill. They love rez/killing too and to me thats just a cowardly move. It gets very annoying when you don't like PvPing and your aren't even challenge to them. When you are 1 or 2 people doing the spawn and there are 5 to 6 Pvper's that just isn 't fair odds.

Hell I have even helped many of these players through the years from time to time and still would if they needed help with anything. I never attack unless being attacked. I go to fel all the time to get fame and karma and to farm resources. Not just scrolls. Its like a desert out there really. UO is dead. Its not from the PvPers, its not from the PvM. Its from all the other games in the world that are far more advanced in graphics then UO is. UO has so many more features then other games do in my opinion and that's why I play it. Could it be improved, Heck ya! Could the PvP find more of a challenge then me??? HELL YEAH!! LOL I am no Challenge and by UO constantly making changes to decrease the amount of damage that a tamers pet can do to a player really pisses off a tamer because that is our defense! Its like dulling the blade of a Katana and sending you out to fight!

I know that I am not the only player that hates PvPing and paying for this game. LOL I am just one of the vocal ones that enjoy the game fighting monsters, fighting alongside monsters with players instead of against players. LOL By adding ONE dungeon in Trammel like Despise is in Felucca will not cause UO to go under. Trust me, it won't. :)

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How would you feel if all PvM content dropped no loot?

Would you do it?
LOL I hate it now!! I run the Shadowguard every day and night and I personally have NEVER gotten a Hawkwind's Robe to drop and I have NEVER gotten Cloak either...so yes I know how it feels! LOL

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think we all agree pvp and pvm need to be reworked. It's going to take a lot of time and money to fix things. Will they do it? Probably not, but every UO player is hopeful. Do the best you can with what you have seems to be the UO model. Not only is it a graphics issue (I play cc and don't care about graphics) but they need serious input from players, and to USE that input, not just make a new xpac that's all new stuff. I understand they want to bring new players in, but why when so much needs fixing. If they could get even 15% of subs back things would be better.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pvpers will quit because the only pvp left would be fel yew gate. If Pvpers quit the game, UO goes down the drain financially.

Prove it with real numbers, not just a group of your friends that claim they'll go to a freeshard. Anyone who thinks this game is surviving on pvp dollars, is HIGH.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So aggressive
Prove it with real numbers, not just a group of your friends that claim they'll go to a freeshard. Anyone who thinks this game is surviving on pvp dollars, is HIGH.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just about all pvpers also pvm. That's part of the reason why people think pvm is more popular.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you never played as a sampire, with the right slayer and a 100% elemental weapon, you can kill ANY Spawn with like 0 risk of get killed by mobs, just jump in the midle of everything and deal whirlwind with a weapon with hit area.

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I think we all agree pvp and pvm need to be reworked. It's going to take a lot of time and money to fix things. Will they do it? Probably not, but every UO player is hopeful. Do the best you can with what you have seems to be the UO model. Not only is it a graphics issue (I play cc and don't care about graphics) but they need serious input from players, and to USE that input, not just make a new xpac that's all new stuff. I understand they want to bring new players in, but why when so much needs fixing. If they could get even 15% of subs back things would be better.

I totally agree with you there. There was a time I wanted to have more and more accounts on this game. Not anymore. One is plenty for sure. LOL If it was, what it use to be then I would consider expanding to more accounts again. But not until things change for sure. Simple changes would make the world of difference in my world of UO!! :)

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think I agree and disagree with you I feel doom and any high end content should be done in fel. Monsters are very easy and so are champ spawns. You can solo almost every tram and fel spawn.

But like any sandbox there needs to be a risk and reward and something needs to force more players to participate. Adding 20s powerscrolls will do more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I guess you never played as a sampire, with the right slayer and a 100% elemental weapon, you can kill ANY Spawn with like 0 risk of get killed by mobs, just jump in the midle of everything and deal whirlwind with a weapon with hit area.
I mainly play sampire and do not find this to be true, not always, and not all content. I think you greatly exaggerate sampire efficacy. Also I would like to see you as a sampire face off with a mediocre reasonably equipped PKer.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well these spawns are suppose to be done as a group. Again if they came out with more pvp content I’d be ok moving powescrolls to tram but as long as scrolls are end game you need to keep them in Fel

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think I agree and disagree with you I feel doom and any high end content should be done in fel. Monsters are very easy and so are champ spawns. You can solo almost every tram and fel spawn.

But like any sandbox there needs to be a risk and reward and something needs to force more players to participate. Adding 20s powerscrolls will do more harm than good.

This is leading to same old debates I guess. By the way PS is no longer high end, they are fodder for the tamers pets nowdays thanks to the pet revamp. No?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Your words are very wise, grasshopper however they fall against deaf ears..

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ok let me put this into perspective if someone can spawn at will 24/7 with no interruption and a guild farms all day everyday then you have a surplus of power scrolls coming into the market.. if there are 100 120 resisting sitting on vendors then the price drops and they become less valuable. The scroll market polices itself.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mainly play sampire and do not find this to be true, not always, and not all content. I think you greatly exaggerate sampire efficacy. Also I would like to see you as a sampire face off with a mediocre reasonably equipped PKer.
status.png

Im pretty sure i can deal even against good pvps

my suit have kinetic 27, hpr14 mr12 sr18

not using pots, i still need refine the pieces, but is so hard find good hide invul

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Ok let me put this into perspective if someone can spawn at will 24/7 with no interruption and a guild farms all day everyday then you have a surplus of power scrolls coming into the market.. if there are 100 120 resisting sitting on vendors then the price drops and they become less valuable. The scroll market polices itself.

I doubt that the price drop in PS would be a bad thing for the game. If you think it would be bad can you elaborate a little bit?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So really, give me a good reason that there can't be one tram dungeon set up for PS for those of us that HATE PVPing?
Every new content addition in the last like... 15 years has been in tram. Fel has gotten only one or two unique things in that whole time, and they were just new champs spawns, and a few pvp "systems" of varying quality. The only unique drop of any value that fel has is power scrolls. That's the reason.

We do go at off times and quiet shards but that doesn't always work out for the working class person.
Then buy your scrolls, or get killed by pks a few times getting them yourself.

This has been addressed time and time and time and time and time and time again. This is never going to change. Tram gets almost literally every other content addition, and will continue to until the game closes. You can deal with *one* thing, a thing that was originally designed to be pvped over (the only thing outside of generally meaningless factions/vvv for pvpers to fight over) not being in tram.

In closing firstly I also agree, 120's for pets are dramatically overrated. If you run the numbers the benefits (for wrestling especially) are tragically low relative to the cost difference between a 115 or a 110 even and a 120. Like you wouldn't even ever notice low. The only pet skills that really need to be 120 are the magic skills. Everything else will be like 1-3% worse or something paultry like that. Just give your pet the 110, and leave the extra 10 points left over incase you ever find the 120 to upgrade. The pet will still be silly powerful.

Secondly, to reiterate, scrolls are not that hard to get, even if you are a useless in pvp trammie. Just run them constantly. You may get killed a lot, but so what? You lose nothing but a tiny bit of gold, and a bit of time. The more you run them the better and faster you get, and the better and faster you get the more spawns you get through without being interrupted. If you are in a guild setup watchers, and use voice chat to minimize damage from raids.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont want to read any trammy posts like this!!! Formatting the last 2 minutes i spent reading this one

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There will be some shocked folks here ... but no the Champ Spawns in Tram.

If you want PS, you know how to get them. Most notably, each facet/ruleset should be unique. Leave it that way.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There will be some shocked folks here ... but no the Champ Spawns in Tram.

If you want PS, you know how to get them. Most notably, each facet/ruleset should be unique. Leave it that way.
It's odd you say that. I actually feel the same way at this point. I am however dissapointed the devs missed a chance of revitalizing both fishing and treasure hunting by adding pet power scrolls to them.

Syncros

Adventurer
How would you feel if all PvM content dropped no loot?

Would you do it?
That isn't even a valid comparison.

PvP is player VS player not player vs monster. Most that go to fel can't really defend themselves when they get raided.
But you already know that but need the satisfaction from such actions.

Pvp should be on equal ground against players wanting to pvp.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That isn't even a valid comparison.

PvP is player VS player not player vs monster. Most that go to fel can't really defend themselves when they get raided.
But you already know that but need the satisfaction from such actions.

Pvp should be on equal ground against players wanting to pvp.
This is why I watned them to bring back Order/Chaos. You want to PvP, sign up for one side or the other. And let it work in any facet. Don't want to PvP, don't sign up and be safe anywhere.

But instead we got yet another overthought underused system added to the game.

IF PvP'ers were really supporting this game with numbers, like they claim (you know, "if you run off the PvP'ers the game will close down!") you wouldn't be having to force people to go to Fel champs for scrolls and get raided. There would be plenty of Pvp action all over the place, because there are so many pvp'ers.

Truth is, all 15 of you pvp'ers can quit today, and in two months we will have recovered. You can flame me all you want, but everyone knows, deep in the depths of their minds and hearts, you mostly just want sheep to slaughter.

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Every new content addition in the last like... 15 years has been in tram. Fel has gotten only one or two unique things in that whole time, and they were just new champs spawns, and a few pvp "systems" of varying quality. The only unique drop of any value that fel has is power scrolls. That's the reason.

Then buy your scrolls, or get killed by pks a few times getting them yourself.

This has been addressed time and time and time and time and time and time again. This is never going to change. Tram gets almost literally every other content addition, and will continue to until the game closes. You can deal with *one* thing, a thing that was originally designed to be pvped over (the only thing outside of generally meaningless factions/vvv for pvpers to fight over) not being in tram.

In closing firstly I also agree, 120's for pets are dramatically overrated. If you run the numbers the benefits (for wrestling especially) are tragically low relative to the cost difference between a 115 or a 110 even and a 120. Like you wouldn't even ever notice low. The only pet skills that really need to be 120 are the magic skills. Everything else will be like 1-3% worse or something paultry like that. Just give your pet the 110, and leave the extra 10 points left over incase you ever find the 120 to upgrade. The pet will still be silly powerful.

Secondly, to reiterate, scrolls are not that hard to get, even if you are a useless in pvp trammie. Just run them constantly. You may get killed a lot, but so what? You lose nothing but a tiny bit of gold, and a bit of time. The more you run them the better and faster you get, and the better and faster you get the more spawns you get through without being interrupted. If you are in a guild setup watchers, and use voice chat to minimize damage from raids.

I totally understand that people love to PvP and I am not asking to take that away from anyone. And I don't use all 120 scrolls on my pets. I may put one on a pet at a time but not all. I plan out my scrolls carefully.

The mechanics of the game has been cut back on the damage that a pet does in general against the player because the PvPer complained that they were being overpowered by the tamers pets in PvP so they cut them back and now they really are worthless in a normal fight to protect the tamer. That had nothing to do with the scrolls. SO in turn we need the scrolls to help get some of this back! LOL Its a NO win for the normal tamer. Its not even odds and ya'll know that.

On our shard, we have PvPers that are not out to really PvP like they use to do. They are looking for easy kills and they find it when they find the sole tamer or 2 doing the spawn or a few friends out for a good time and they gang up on them and repeatedly kill them over and over, rez/killing them, because they can. They don't do it for the scrolls. They are only doing it to mess up someone's day or night and their fun in my opinion. To rez someone, that you can clearly see is turning and walking away after letting you rez them, only to have kill them again is just cowardly. Its not heroic and certainly not challenging or victorious in my book. There are actually players out there that LOVE to PVP that are in VvV….WHY not go PvP with them instead of hiding from them??? They stay and pick on us and run from the VvV that come to assist us. I just do not get it.

So many of the PvP in the past that I have met, have killed me, helped me get put back together, then assisted me with the fights and became friends!!! Now THEY are they HEROS...THEY are they REAL PvPers that these guys should be taking lessons from!!! LOL They know who they are!! AND We Love them all :) WE as in I*C and LRON

The see that WE are nice people, not fighters. we do use team speak and we have a blast together. We just rather not PvP at this point in our lives anymore :)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is common courtesy to rez someone back up and get them going again. Some people play to just make other people waste time. I agree that is sad.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I always made it a practice to NOT allow my killer to rez me. Regardless if I lost stuff or not ... nope. I'll go find a healer and get to a town to re-equip, thanks. Prevents rez-kill unless they follow me ... then I simply go to town as a ghost - where they can't strike.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your UO experience sounds tedious. I think I'd take 5 rk's and log before I ran all the way back to a town.
I always made it a practice to NOT allow my killer to rez me. Regardless if I lost stuff or not ... nope. I'll go find a healer and get to a town to re-equip, thanks. Prevents rez-kill unless they follow me ... then I simply go to town as a ghost - where they can't strike.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Your UO experience sounds tedious. I think I'd take 5 rk's and log before I ran all the way back to a town.

Whole trick was to make it tedious - for the rk'er. I never had to resort to town to rez because simply following me out of the immediate area where they got me usually got them to turn back. See, they wanted whatever I had on me so they HAD to get back!

And the repeated rk was the main reason I went to Tram when UO:R happened. A few "PVPers" thought it was fun to rk the sheep. Like what was noted above, these folks are/were not true PVP players.

Last edited: