• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Casting Holy Fist on the Run? Holy Moly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has come to my attention after fighting many chivalry enemies that there is a way to cast holy fist on the run. I have watched multiple people do it over and over in fights.

(how to use the exploit removed by the moderation team) Is this intended or is it a big bug that people are abusing?

Last edited by a moderator:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has come to my attention after fighting many chivalry enemies that there is a way to cast holy fist on the run. I have watched multiple people do it over and over in fights.

(how to use the exploit removed by the moderation team) Is this intended or is it a big bug that people are abusing?
Might be the same cause, but when I was grinding Navrey, I was also able to move while casting a flamestrike every other time. Never figured the true mechanics out.. but maybe it was with the stone shoes as well. Don't think its new or only holy fist.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Old bug. something "cheaters" and EC users are able to use, no one would be equipping/removing stone boots fast enough without EC or third-party assistance, at least not for it to be reliable in a pvp situation.

Anything that stuns/paralyzes you without interrupting your casting causes this, because as soon as you're "stunned" (which stoneboots essentially do- stun you) you're able to move as long as you're casting a spell while it happens without being interrupted. The third reason I eluded to with my opinion on why Casting Focus should be removed from pvp. (luckily CF is only a "chance", but even 2-3 out of 10x is too much) I guess now more people figured it out, it's become a problem obviously.

The stone boots only work with "spells" that don't auto-interrupt through armor/clothing pieces being removed/equipped, it's limited as to which spell-schools are able to abuse this. Though it's still game-breaking when groups of X template(s) abuses this though, luckily Magery -> Protection doesn't add more spells that are able to abuse this. :D

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree, Paithan. They should stop the cheating.
You should post the pics you posted in the "Trammel guild ! gets humiliated"-thread on the HOT public forum so they can see what you mean.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Buying these stone boots! Paying well (dagger trick flashbacks)

Fox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It is amusing seeing a couple above posters pretending that their guilds don't use this. There is a certain ATL guild that used this first with holy fist and now that everyone else caught on they cry exploit.

Ani

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's funny is, who brags and posts a video in a general pvp discord exploiting a holy fist bug, then cries about it

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
This had to have taken an extreme level of game knowledge, only applicable to the highest tier of exploiter!

This will go down in the history books as one of the most game altering exploits ever deployed. What sheer mastery of mechanics! Astounding! Fatality!

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It doesn' t matter who started using it first. This issue still needs to be looked at

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can confirm that you can also cast weaving spells on the run. Winding while running... real good work devs!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I am posting about it because it is rampant on ATL in every fight. It needs to get fixed quickly and this is the way to keep the devs honest. We will see how long they let a game breaking mechanic stay in place.
Translation: You died. And died. And died. And died...

Funny how you only want things changed that affect your attempt at PvPing negatively...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Funny how you only want things changed that affect your attempt at PvPing negatively...
lol. dumb comment and clearly not a pvper on the most active shard. If you think finding a bug to cast on the run isnt an issue that needs to be addressed that's on you. And actually i took that stance with my guild and told everyone in it to use it as much as possible til they fix it. Unfortunately, unless a bug is being abused, the devs take too long to fix it.

Appreciate the input.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran

Clearly a comment from a person who doesn't play on Atlantic or PVP at all.

Casting while running is obviously game breaking, but your hatred for people better than you overshadows that with your ignorant comment.

Have a nice day.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you think finding a bug to cast on the run isnt an issue that needs to be addressed that's on you.
Please point out where I said that. ;)

But at least it´s cute to see that you and your buddy Aeyko are still holding hands.
Please ask him what hatred it is he speaks of. I´ve seen his and your "skills". Can´t say I´m impressed...

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Players are also using this bug to fight Navery and become un-paralyzed from the Navery web mechanic, all aspects need to be looked at asap!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players are also using this bug to fight Navery and become un-paralyzed from the Navery web mechanic, all aspects need to be looked at asap!
That is their intended use, but I guess BS will push another lazy fix removing their legitimate uses as well :(

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That is their intended use, but I guess BS will push another lazy fix removing their legitimate uses as well :(
The intended use is to actually put the boots ON and not gain the effects of the boots by other means...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The intended use is to actually put the boots ON and not gain the effects of the boots by other means...
Breaking free of webbing is the intended use. Breaking out of casting is not. Would be nice if they fix the latter without breaking the former, but my hopes are low.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Breaking free of webbing is the intended use. Breaking out of casting is not. Would be nice if they fix the latter without breaking the former, but my hopes are low.
Yes but nobody in navery is putting the boots ON they are exploiting the different boot types.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes but nobody in navery is putting the boots ON they are exploiting the different boot types.
Idk what you mean. I was using them every time to break out of webbing and so did many around me. Put them ON, put them off. Simple.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please point out where I said that. ;)

But at least it´s cute to see that you and your buddy Aeyko are still holding hands.
Please ask him what hatred it is he speaks of. I´ve seen his and your "skills". Can´t say I´m impressed...
It was implied when you said I want it changed because it only affect me negatively as opposed to it is a game breaking mechanic.

I wasn't here to impress you. But I would bet that i will own ya in 1v1s and in even numbered group fights. If you disagree, we can set up some fights.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Idk what you mean. I was using them every time to break out of webbing and so did many around me. Put them ON, put them off. Simple.
He's talking about equipping boots on the character-race you're playing as is unable to equip, so they automatically revert back to your pack, instead of you putting them on and taking them off, all it would be doing is trying to put the boots on, technically they're on for a split-second, which is long enough for any paralyzing/stun effects to be nullified.

for example: Gargoyle Stoneboots on a Human or Elf character and vice-versa.

UO-Assist can't record equipping an item you're unable to equip (because the item has to be equipped in order to save it), Unless you race change just to save a dress macro specifically for the boots, anyway. Which I doubt people would be willing to go through in order to achieve this... They'd be using "illegal" programs instead, It's easier & they were already using said programs prior to discovering this exploit.

Is that List of Approved programs going to be done anytime soon? I hope there isn't much added to it from the previous list.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was implied when you said I want it changed because it only affect me negatively as opposed to it is a game breaking mechanic.
Oh, it was, was it?
So I say you only want it changed because it affects your PvP negatively and from that you read that I don´t want the issue fixed at all? Did I miss anything?
Because those are the words you´re trying to put in my mouth.

I guess the "Stop the cheating" in my first post meant anything but fixing cheats, scripts, dupes and exploits.

Never reach...

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, it was, was it?
So I say you only want it changed because it affects your PvP negatively and from that you read that I don´t want the issue fixed at all? Did I miss anything?

I guess the "Stop the cheating" in my first post meant anything but fixing cheats, scripts, dupes and exploits.

Never reach...
Solid input, keep up the good work.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oh, it was, was it?

Never reach...
But it works with ec also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The original post was edited to remove the description of how the exploit works, a few posts have been removed, and the thread is being locked to prevent further accusations and bashing against particular players and guilds.

If you'd like to report a bug/exploit and how it works please use the contact form on UO.com to tell the developers directly instead of posting how the exploit works here, which just encourages more people to use it. Link to the contact form: Contact – Ultima Online

Status
Not open for further replies.