• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PrePatch Pets and Publish 100 Question

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have some pre-patch pets and I'm trying to understand how the Publish 100 will affect them.

One is a fairly good nightmare. It is currently a 2 slot mare but reading the publish 100 notes, I'm wondering if it will jump to 3 slot if I try to train it.

Its currently 515 str and 312 hp with 64, 39, 39, 39, 27 as the resists. Do you think this mare will jump to 3 slot if I start training it? (I cant test it on Test Center because I cant copy from Siege to Test).

Also, I have a really high stat pre-patch Cu that I think is stuck at 4 slot. Back when the pet revamp came out, prepatch Cu's were suppose to drop down to 3 slot if you start training them. However I didn't start training this one until between publish 99 and publish 100 (which ill admit may have been a mistake). Is there a way to get it to drop down to a 3 slot like its was supposed to or is it a lost cause? I starting the training process but haven't completed the first round or applied anything to the Cu.

This Cu has a starting point total of 4905 which is really high for a Cu (this assumes stamina and dex naturally raise to 125 when training skills). Most Cu's start between 4600 and 4800. The really good ones start with over 4800 points. The one I'm referring to above is the only one I've seen that started with over 4900 points (by points I mean the sum of the weighted value of stats, resists, and any skills over 100)

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are already selling the horse and the Cu is toast.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I basically figured the Cu is probably a lost cause but I was hoping I was wrong.

I'm not sure what this statement means?
Ooops Mixed you up with another poster with a picture.

Yous is a good NM. Can build it with Ai/Chiv and make a good pet.

Or can sell for a good price.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I suspected that you may have had me mixed up with someone else :)

Yous is a good NM. Can build it with Ai/Chiv and make a good pet.
I'm guessing this means that you don't think it will jump to a 3 slot pet. I guess I will find out for sure when I start training. Just have to finish a few other pets first.

Thanks!!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have some pre-patch pets and I'm trying to understand how the Publish 100 will affect them.

One is a fairly good nightmare. It is currently a 2 slot mare but reading the publish 100 notes, I'm wondering if it will jump to 3 slot if I try to train it.
There is an explaination of this on our guild website. This patchnote/change only affected old Legacy Dragons and Windrunners.

Nightmares are fine.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So the answer you are looking for is most likely: No it will not jump, it may show 3 slots after you add things to it on level 1 training, but don't worry : You should get 3 levels of training? Just be careful to spec it correctly, since it it a valuable pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suspected that you may have had me mixed up with someone else :)

I'm guessing this means that you don't think it will jump to a 3 slot pet. I guess I will find out for sure when I start training. Just have to finish a few other pets first.

Thanks!!
Train and build some Cus and Lesser Hiryus first.

The NM should not jump. It has good stats. I just did one with better starting stats and it was fine.

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for all of the responses. I'll definitely plan out the NM training before starting it. I've done some lessers and Cus already and have worked through the planning math (never really liked the one UO made).

I also saw that Khaelor just posted a planning tool on his guild web site. I haven't used it yet, but it sounds like it's pretty good.

Thanks Again!!