• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Purpose of vaults?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let's see, you can rent a vault with 125-item storage for $3 a month, or - under the present system - you can buy an account that comes with an entire house for $12 a month and pay only every three months, and it comes out to $4 a month for a whole house. Just saying, why would anyone pay $3 a month for a vault? :cynical:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see, you can rent a vault with 125-item storage for $3 a month, or - under the present system - you can buy an account that comes with an entire house for $12 a month and pay only every three months, and it comes out to $4 a month for a whole house. Just saying, why would anyone pay $3 a month for a vault? :cynical:
You can't play during the 2 months you're not paying and if you did it on another account you can't access anything in the house on your EJ account.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see it more as ransom for the Items that I used to have. EJ works for me and I really don't care about any of the stuff but I would like to have a bank, even 20 items, to use as temporary storage. Now i have to empty all of my bank accounts and I don't even have a trash barrel in the vault.
On the plus side, I suppose I now have access to my bank for a while so I shouldn't be so picky. $3 isn't so bad.

But... Like... For real... Can someone request a trash bin in the vault on the official forum? The fact that I can't do it myself is an argument for a different day.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can't play during the 2 months you're not paying and if you did it on another account you can't access anything in the house on your EJ account.
You're right - I was thinking of the times I used an existing account to play in a house under an expired account on another shard - apples and oranges - my bad

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can understand this either.
You pay 3$ for 125 item....

Why should I do that when I get 2000 plus items and other benefits when I pay 10?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, but subscribers can also rent them monthly.
Yeah, but my understanding is that they cost 300 Sovereign per month and that means another extra monthly cost of several $$$ every mounth ON TOP of the monthly subscription cost.

No thanks.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I do not think that rented Vaults at a monthly cost have any usefullness.

They are only very expensive, cannot be shared (like a House does) by multiple accounts and further require to HAVE TO remember having to pay for the monthlyt rental costs.

No thanks, not for me.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The vault is shared storage, across the account. Odd when we have been repeatedly told we can't have shared storage, but now we can, if we pay extra....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, but my understanding is that they cost 300 Sovereign per month and that means another extra monthly cost of several $$$ every mounth ON TOP of the monthly subscription cost.

No thanks.
You don't have to buy them. I don't have many items in the store.

It is an option that fits a need.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bunch of items have been moved from heritage tokens etc. into the Ultima store.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said in another post this would have made a nice gold sink but all they seem to care about anymore is trying to sell us a bunch of junk for real cash.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Like I said in another post this would have made a nice gold sink but all they seem to care about anymore is trying to sell us a bunch of junk for real cash.
I agree. They could have at least not made them account bound so I could buy them with gold. Not like they would lose anything by doing that.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When vaults were first mentioned I'm sure they said you could pay for them with gold. Someone from the party last year mentioned it. Does anyone else remember?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When vaults were first mentioned I'm sure they said you could pay for them with gold. Someone from the party last year mentioned it. Does anyone else remember?
Yes. But they changed their mind it looks like.

$3 ~ 12M gold.

Can a new player get that much without buying it? This way is better.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I read that somewhere too. You aren't losing your mind. I think it was on the very first article on EJ. I was a bit disappointed when I learned it was sovereigns only. And that they were going to hold all of my stuff hostage until I bought one.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
New players have a usable bank with 20 slots though, it's the returners that really needed the space and couldn't access anything, I wonder if they would have been happy to pay with gold, given the choice. Not sure I ever thought it would cost as much as 12 million a month though...

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt they also mention somewhere that if Vaults are not paid for that they would be auctioned off? If so, there is your gold sink.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
they are also good if you collect holiday gifts on other shards
you'd be able to sort through your stuff
put all the stuff you want on one char, make it easier to transfer back to your home shard

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can understand this either.
You pay 3$ for 125 item....

Why should I do that when I get 2000 plus items and other benefits when I pay 10?
Thine question has the answer/catch outlined I think. Idea is to make the sub look more valuable and lucrative. At least that's the only reason I could ever come up with. Independently vaults appear an awful idea for anyone to buy´.

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I already pay for my monthly accounts- was thinking of buying a vault, just to make things easier to change between character...

but there is NO WAY in GH$## that I am going to buy something in the UO store & then pay to rent it on top of that..

UO Can just kiss that one fare thee well

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Another nonsense, poorly thought, poorly planned idea with no concept of consequences or results. I guess we did not expect anything better than this..