• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowguard Complaints...

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What is going on with Shadowguard lately?? The spawn seems to have gotten turned up and the drop rate got turned down!! The only drop that we have gotten, when we where lucky enough to even get a dang drop, the last 3 nights has been the exact same thing...the Cheesy, Rinky Dink, Totem of the Tribe, Booby Prize!! Once in a great while you might get lucky and finally get the GREAT pair of EARRING's!! NOT!!

Just when you get it all figured out, it gets changed and you have to relearn the new changes and how its going to spawn for each boss all over again and again the loot drop rate doesn't change and all you collect are death robes and more useless trinkets that you wonder why you wasted your time in there in the first place!!

Okay, I am done venting for the night. Goodnight! :)

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spawn and drop rate both are normal for me. Probably just very bad RNG for you.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
There were changes in the last publish (100?) but that was weeks ago, it was also on test for a while before it went live. Mainly the changes were to do with pet damage, a few people have said there are still bugs though.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So lets start this topic where it SHOULD start.. the items gotten from shadowguard are SUPER strong and supposed to be VERY hard to get... The fact that 90% of the playerbase was breaking all of the rooms and getting double drops at the end was EXPLOITING the game. You can't complain that the EXPLOITS arent working anymore. The drop rates are the SAME as they always were. What we have here is a largely SPOILED playerbase.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So lets start this topic where it SHOULD start.. the items gotten from shadowguard are SUPER strong and supposed to be VERY hard to get... The fact that 90% of the playerbase was breaking all of the rooms and getting double drops at the end was EXPLOITING the game. You can't complain that the EXPLOITS arent working anymore. The drop rates are the SAME as they always were. What we have here is a largely SPOILED playerbase.
90% eh? Curious where did you get this number? I bet I know and it's right below your hip area. Perhaps next time you can make an INFORMED comment.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
LOL No it wasn't the normal. It definitely has been changed. But thanks for your opinion ;)
Well aren't you the cutest thing, thinking your small number of times doing Shadowguard gives you support to make claims about statistical randomness

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The closest thing to an exploit any of my circle of friends ever did in Shadowguard was feed the apples in the orchards to pets and only use 2-3 of the Fountain drains (but connecting normally to each). And I still insist that the latter should still be legal because no one in their right minds would set up the drains as they are down there, in real life. Now, if they could somehow make one spigot on each side (which I figure was probably in the original design document), the placement would make sense. The spawn zone for the N & W drains needs to be significantly curtailed if we're gonna have to use all 4 (and something done about the spawn rates. spawn for solo is too slow, 3 people is too many - and occasionally something breaks to where 2 people get the spawn that 3 or 4 would get).

Whenever we spotted someone doing the "bag" bit in the fountain (or we saw them telling someone how to do it), we mass-reported them. And, we sure as hell never did the double spawn bug - we barely could stay alive versus one boss at a time.

To me, someone accusing 90% of the player base (or 90% of all people doing a specific event) of cheating sounds more like trying to excuse their own bad behavior.

"Everyone else does it" doesn't work in real life as an excuse, nor is it ever within a magnitude of accuracy.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think you'll find that the people who were cheating/exploiting at shadowguard are the same people who cheat/exploit content everywhere else....
Our alliance were doing Shadowguard as a fun guild hunt almost once a week for a while and never, not once, did we use any exploit for double loot, in fact we had no idea there was such a thing. This 90% that's being thrown around is utter nonsense, unless you meant 90% of the people you know!?

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

Spoiled? LOL Maybe in real life but not on this game! I work hard for what I get on this gave for sure. And I don't EXPLOIT or whatever you are referring to. Yes I know that's suppose to be hard, but this past few days things seemed to be a lot different in there. The spawn was coming out a lot faster and the drop rate was definitely different. It used to be everyone got roughly the same amount of Legendaries and now some get 2 or 3 and some will get 12 on the same boss. It was always equal before.

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well aren't you the cutest thing, thinking your small number of times doing Shadowguard gives you support to make claims about statistical randomness
And aren't you the silliest thing, thinking I have only done Shadowguard a random amount of times. LOL So yes, if I make a statistical comment, its in MY opinion accurate. ;)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
still easy to do bosses. just a pain to do some of the rooms but easy to do

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And aren't you the silliest thing, thinking I have only done Shadowguard a random amount of times. LOL So yes, if I make a statistical comment, its in MY opinion accurate. ;)
I was unaware facts and opinions are now the same thing. Carry on.

Lady Sparkles

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
still easy to do bosses. just a pain to do some of the rooms but easy to do
I have no problems with the rooms. The bosses I think I have them figured out again and the one that stresses me out is Juo'nar!! LOL Now he is a pain in my side!! grrr lol

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Did a system get turned on where your odds of a drop have something to do with how long ago you got one?

I read about it, somewhere, could be from another game though :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was unaware facts and opinions are now the same thing. Carry on.
Facts - that knowledge passed on via written reports or notices. :sleep2: These also tend to make one drowsy.

Statistics - that knowledge which is yanked out of the nether region and is not backed up by any tangible proof. :oops:

Keep to your beliefe that they are different! :p

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Facts - that knowledge passed on via written reports or notices. :sleep2: These also tend to make one drowsy.

Statistics - that knowledge which is yanked out of the nether region and is not backed up by any tangible proof. :oops:

Keep to your beliefe that they are different! :p
So, if the code says you have a 1 in 42 chance of getting a drop, is that a fact or a statistic?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With our RNG and the way UO does math, it's neither fact nor statistic-its just a wonder it even happens

Now with that said, yall be quiet about Shadowguard, the bugs all got fixed in this past publish, and with our strict testing standards there is no way anything got thru. Now move along, nothing to see here...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, if the code says you have a 1 in 42 chance of getting a drop, is that a fact or a statistic?
From my student days learning to be a programmer (1972) ... code never lies. Thus it is fact and based on your explicit example.

As noted, the RNG has a role in all this, so one cannot have an always explicit chance as you suggested. The RNG makes your chances variable. But any calcs to determine hit/miss are still fact.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
With our RNG and the way UO does math, it's neither fact nor statistic-its just a wonder it even happens

Now with that said, yall be quiet about Shadowguard, the bugs all got fixed in this past publish, and with our strict testing standards there is no way anything got thru. Now move along, nothing to see here...
Are you saying it's Schrodingers Cat? :gee:

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Sparkles. The spawn rate from some of the bosses is insane and my friends and I are having a lot of issues in Shadowguard (though double drops was never one {I miss out on all the good stuff]). The drop rate stinks (was going for a stronger probably ban worthy word there) and whatever they changed it's causing problems. Here are a few...

I have paged twice now concerning the last boss up (who has been different each time). It took us two hours one night to kill just that last boss. We would get his health and HP down to 400 and he would shoot back up over to over 1000 hp 1200 hp in a matter of 3 seconds. Rinse, repeat...for two hours. I finally paged and about 20 minutes later when he was at 500 hp again he went down fast (I'm assuming someone came and looked and ended that for us). Last night we had the same issue with the last boss up, I'm sorry but is Shadowguard intended to be a 4 to 5 hour time investment? (not including doing rooms) if it is then kindly disregard this.

Another issue that is getting very tiresome - and I'm not sure if this is with everyone or just guilds -- guild pets are attacking each other and guild members. I thought this issue was fixed. Again, yesterday we spent more time running from each other's pets than the actual bad guys.

And lastly spawn rate -- at the first epic two hour event to kill the last boss (ONE BOSS) -- it spawned over 137 additional monsters. I stopped counting at that point and it became more of "This (insert REALLY bad word here) is going down...." rather than an enjoyable night relaxing.

Don't quote RNG to me, ratios or anything else technical and mathematical. I play the game for fun and I am going by my experience in game - when shadow first came out we had a fun time in there with friends.....as they've published and tweaked the drop rate is bleh....spawned monsters are out of control...etc etc. if the point was to let the crickets sing in there like with the DF...it's heading that way.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tone down the exaggeration.

No need to be nasty nor snippy unless that's just your personality. Haul it on over to Baja - we'll go for a spin in Shadow.

Or go talk to someone who has GM page access and ask. Going on two hours for the last boss - twice. PM me and I'll see you Baja side. :)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with Sparkles. The spawn rate from some of the bosses is insane and my friends and I are having a lot of issues in Shadowguard (though double drops was never one {I miss out on all the good stuff]). The drop rate stinks (was going for a stronger probably ban worthy word there) and whatever they changed it's causing problems. Here are a few...

I have paged twice now concerning the last boss up (who has been different each time). It took us two hours one night to kill just that last boss. We would get his health and HP down to 400 and he would shoot back up over to over 1000 hp 1200 hp in a matter of 3 seconds. Rinse, repeat...for two hours. I finally paged and about 20 minutes later when he was at 500 hp again he went down fast (I'm assuming someone came and looked and ended that for us). Last night we had the same issue with the last boss up, I'm sorry but is Shadowguard intended to be a 4 to 5 hour time investment? (not including doing rooms) if it is then kindly disregard this.

Another issue that is getting very tiresome - and I'm not sure if this is with everyone or just guilds -- guild pets are attacking each other and guild members. I thought this issue was fixed. Again, yesterday we spent more time running from each other's pets than the actual bad guys.

And lastly spawn rate -- at the first epic two hour event to kill the last boss (ONE BOSS) -- it spawned over 137 additional monsters. I stopped counting at that point and it became more of "This (insert REALLY bad word here) is going down...." rather than an enjoyable night relaxing.

Don't quote RNG to me, ratios or anything else technical and mathematical. I play the game for fun and I am going by my experience in game - when shadow first came out we had a fun time in there with friends.....as they've published and tweaked the drop rate is bleh....spawned monsters are out of control...etc etc. if the point was to let the crickets sing in there like with the DF...it's heading that way.
I have a feeling you brought the wrong pets for the encounter... it shouldn't take more than an hour to finish even if you're really taking your time.
I just did it the other day with 4 tamers in about 30 minutes. 1 discord tamer with a chiv ai lesser hiryu, 2 provo tamers running provo songs (1 with chiv ai cu sidhe, the other with rune corruption ai giant beetle) and a 4th tamer whose template I forgot also with a chiv ai lesser hiryu. Sidespawn was manageable, all you had to do is sick the pets on it when it poped. the only boss that took longer than before the last publish was Anon due to the damage regen bug - each time he turned into elemental form we had to call the pets off. Out of the 4 of us only one person got a drop at the end but that's just bad luck with the rng...

maybe some of this helps you to finish the encounter faster in the future.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a feeling you brought the wrong pets for the encounter... it shouldn't take more than an hour to finish even if you're really taking your time.
I just did it the other day with 4 tamers in about 30 minutes. 1 discord tamer with a chiv ai lesser hiryu, 2 provo tamers running provo songs (1 with chiv ai cu sidhe, the other with rune corruption ai giant beetle) and a 4th tamer whose template I forgot also with a chiv ai lesser hiryu. Sidespawn was manageable, all you had to do is sick the pets on it when it poped. the only boss that took longer than before the last publish was Anon due to the damage regen bug - each time he turned into elemental form we had to call the pets off. Out of the 4 of us only one person got a drop at the end but that's just bad luck with the rng...

maybe some of this helps you to finish the encounter faster in the future.
Either I’m reading that post wrong or you didn’t read it through.

Bringing the wrong pet would only be an explanation if that last boss was Anon, according to the explanation that the boss kept regenning health like mad at such a short interval. I know from experience it’s not innate HPR of the boss because I’ve had to sit and wait ridiculously long periods to honor any of the bosses once they’ve fallen from the ledge.

I’ve encountered something once before like such on Ozy when doing the roof with a sampire but at the time I thought maybe it was a confidence thing he cast. Still not sure if it relates.

But Shadowguard has been more bugged the last 6 months than in the entirety of its existence. I refuse to do it until they squash the Anon bug with anything other than my sampire, and lately I haven’t had the patience with dealing with all the other stuff to put the effort into piloting my third client in such a buggy area.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did Shadowguard before and after. Never used any (and didn't know) tricks existed. always have taken 2-4 people into every room. There is a method you have to find and if you have a tight group, everyone learns their spot and we never have to say a word other than.... brb gotta pee. back. ready? ready.

Ju'nor has truly beem amped up, but I would not say due only to the spawn, but to the undead he necroes to life. again, each person knowing their part, who kills spawn and who stays on.

Anon, changes to anything but human? All follow me. Get them away, because Anon gains even when Anon is damaging, not just direct attacks. Don't take that chance and get into the habit of calling them away. bring food for pets cause they will get gripey.

Generally, the pets are auto targeted by any spawn.

Back the heck up, stay in GH range and have that invis ready perpetually.

Place piles of bandages around if you and your pet die and you have to run after a rez to another safe corner you are set till you can get back to your body.

Move to a new corner after each boss, ESPECIALLY Ju'nor. That fool loves again to raise the dead. Don't give him bodies to rez!

Tag along someone who is just a mage to hide in a corner and rez if needed and either party them so they get credit for the boss or roll for drops.

Since it has no time limit, take your time and keep calm.

There are drops!?! Just kidding. :D

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
We did this on a guild hunt last night, there didn't seem to be much difference from the last time we did it, although we did have a large group. Oddly though we didn't get any drops, at least I didn't hear anyone say they got anything.I think there were 8 of us there.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We did this on a guild hunt last night, there didn't seem to be much difference from the last time we did it, although we did have a large group. Oddly though we didn't get any drops, at least I didn't hear anyone say they got anything.I think there were 8 of us there.
It took me a few days to notice a drop in my backpack once. doh!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm in the EC, I can see every item! :D Although once I didn't notice a Hawkwind Robe until I realised it was the default colour and not my own...:oops:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either I’m reading that post wrong or you didn’t read it through.

Bringing the wrong pet would only be an explanation if that last boss was Anon, according to the explanation that the boss kept regenning health like mad at such a short interval.
what I meant was wrong pet as in pet with a wrong build. Sometimes looking at what people did to their pets makes me cringe, like they forget to put dex and stam to 150 or don't cap out their str while adding 1k+ hitpoints or use special moves that won't increase damage output at all and are basically a waste of mana.

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to say it's the wrong pet and the wrong build or that we don't know how to work a room but it isn't. Same people, same pets, same builds -- and lately there is all of these issues. I did the roof with one other person (there were two of us) and we were done in half the time for all bosses. Same characters, same Cus, no issue. Now there are plenty of issues.

Virtuebane was the one who was regenerating from 400 HP to 1020 Hp in the time it took to hit your macros and lore him right after you finished loring him. It hung on that for well over an hour and a half...420 HP *close window hits animal lore.....1080 hp...close window, hit lore....1210hp * rinse repeat.

I lored him for a long time and it seems like once he hit that 500 hp mark...he was programmed to shoot it back up to 800/900/1000+. I'm not a programmer nor a tech person but that's what it was doing. Perhaps it's just Bane and Anon that happens to when they're up last, maybe it's a bug every now and again....

That's when I paged.

I saw the title of the thread, read Lady Sparkles' comments and agreed wholeheartedly because my experience has been the same (and worse..lol) That's all folks.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The :cheerleader: are going to just tell you to adapt, you'[re doing it wrong and it's your fault.

The devs seem to get joy from taking the fun out of stuff and making it all grindy.

Meanwhile, the broken things stay broken, QoL changes we ask for stay "on the radar"

*sigh*

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtuebane was the one who was regenerating from 400 HP to 1020 Hp in the time it took to hit your macros and lore him right after you finished loring him. It hung on that for well over an hour and a half...420 HP *close window hits animal lore.....1080 hp...close window, hit lore....1210hp * rinse repeat.

I lored him for a long time and it seems like once he hit that 500 hp mark...he was programmed to shoot it back up to 800/900/1000+. I'm not a programmer nor a tech person but that's what it was doing. Perhaps it's just Bane and Anon that happens to when they're up last, maybe it's a bug every now and again....
Shot in the dark here, but perhaps you could try doing more damage than he can regenerate? Word of Death works wonders for that.