• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does FWW scale off Anatomy/Wrestling/Tactics

Zenivs

Visitor
Hi again,

Just wondering if FWW damage purely scales off the Ninjitsu skill as per the description.

And welcome any input on a FWW/Bushido Lesser Hiryu for spawns!

Having trouble keeping pets alive at spawns with other builds. Even with Consume Damage

Thanks!

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Tactics determines how much damage your pet deals, and anatomy increases crit chance. I'd imagine these are checked for every attack (incl fww) but I'm not an expert. Have u tried it on TC to test it?

I use a cu with chiv, ai, aoe and heal for spawns. Once trained up I rarely have to heal it, I don't use consume til last lvl of spawn. People say chiv can be problematic when fighting different types of mobs, but I've never had a dog die in a spawn.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Tactics determines how much damage your pet deals, and anatomy increases crit chance. I'd imagine these are checked for every attack (incl fww) but I'm not an expert. Have u tried it on TC to test it?

I use a cu with chiv, ai, aoe and heal for spawns. Once trained up I rarely have to heal it, I don't use consume til last lvl of spawn. People say chiv can be problematic when fighting different types of mobs, but I've never had a dog die in a spawn.
Not sure who updated that article on UOGuide, but pets don't critical hit. Critical Hit from Anatomy hasn't been a thing in UO for a long long time. The Anatomy "crit" bonus is now a passive damage increase that is always part of the damage calculations and no longer a pass/fail check. The only critical hit in the game that I am aware of is from Bushido with Lightning Strike (which is a 20% chance at 120 Bushido).

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure who updated that article on UOGuide, but pets don't critical hit. Critical Hit from Anatomy hasn't been a thing in UO for a long long time. The Anatomy "crit" bonus is now a passive damage increase that is always part of the damage calculations and no longer a pass/fail check. The only critical hit in the game that I am aware of is from Bushido with Lightning Strike (which is a 20% chance at 120 Bushido).
Ya I'd listen to Khyro, he knows more than me haha :)

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Zenivs

Visitor
Eitherway, im learning alot from you guys.

But the question still stands. Is FWW based purely on Ninjitsu skill?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Eitherway, im learning alot from you guys.

But the question still stands. Is FWW based purely on Ninjitsu skill?
I'll have to run some tests to make a conclusive statement. Logic says Tactics/Anatomy should increase the damage of it, on top of the Ninjitsu skill, but TBH all my pets cap out Tactics/Anatomy before Ninjitsu, so I have no easy way to test currently.

The next FWW pet I make I will scroll tactics/anatomy last and level Ninjitsu first. If it does get a damage bonus from Tactics/Anatomy then I imagine it will be fairly small, as the FWW hit is split up over many smaller hits. Regardless though, the higher Tactics/Anatomy would definitely help your pet's other hits do more damage still.

Zenivs

Visitor
Khyro, thank you so much.
I don't have the scrolls to test what you plan to.
This whole question came about as I was wondering if it is possible to save some (reads : alot) gold.

Will be checking in for your good news, thanks again!