• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poison level question

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I took my dimetrosaur to slugs to skill train wrestling. It used poison breath hitting pretty much all of them. They were hit with different levels of poisoning, most were level 4 I think.

Why not all the same?

I've noticed the same thing with regular poison skill. My rune beetle with 122 poison skill will sometimes only inflict deadly poison.

1. Looks ill
2. Disoriented and nauseous
3. Stumbles around in pain and confusion
4. Wracked with extreme pain
5. Spasm uncontrollably

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I took my dimetrosaur to slugs to skill train wrestling. It used poison breath hitting pretty much all of them. They were hit with different levels of poisoning, most were level 4 I think.

Why not all the same?

I've noticed the same thing with regular poison skill. My rune beetle with 122 poison skill will sometimes only inflict deadly poison.

1. Looks ill
2. Disoriented and nauseous
3. Stumbles around in pain and confusion
4. Wracked with extreme pain
5. Spasm uncontrollably
Poison breath intensity scales with distance and the poison resistance of the mobs it hits. Can’t answer to the Rune beetle but my PB Naj will spit all kinds of different levels when I’m at a champ spawn.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Poison breath intensity scales with distance and the poison resistance of the mobs it hits. Can’t answer to the Rune beetle but my PB Naj will spit all kinds of different levels when I’m at a champ spawn.
OK, the distance thing makes sense for poison breath, but I don't understand why they do different levels of poisoning with the regular poison skill, especially my rune beetle with 122 poison skill. What would help a mob resist poison? Magic resist?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’ll go out on a limb here and say spell resist for the magic poison and the level of the elemental resist, poison in this case, for the poisoning skill and poison breath, venomous bite as well.
Also, some things have a higher then normal resistance to being poisoned too
And let’s not forget the good old RNG