• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

BOD turnin frustration

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I've decided to clear out my weapons BODs by turning them in and exchanging them for armor BODs. I would normally give the blacksmith three BODs then request three BODs. Now for some reason when I hand him a second BOD after I just gave him the first one it says he is not interested in it. I then have to try and give it to him a few more times before he accepts it. Is this some kind of idiotic attempted to stop scripters? It's bad enough that I have to hand him BOD's one at a time (which when turning in over 100 of them is very annoying) but now I have to give him the same one over and over??

*It would appear after testing that you must wait 5 seconds between handing in BOD's. Good grief.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a time delay between turning them in. What I do now is turn one in get bod, rinse and repeat. It has been this way ever since that we could get 3 bods if I am not mistaken

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a time delay between turning them in. What I do now is turn one in get bod, rinse and repeat. It has been this way ever since that we could get 3 bods if I am not mistaken
Thanks for the info. I always did one for one until I realized I could do 3 at a time. Guess I'm going back to 1 by one. So very annoying.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just finished dumping some at Brit castle smiths and had no problem. However, I claim right away, so the claim/OKAY cycle might supply the slowdown needed. But I did do 3 turnins with claims, then get 3 new.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just finished dumping some at Brit castle smiths and had no problem. However, I claim right away, so the claim/OKAY cycle might supply the slowdown needed. But I did do 3 turnins with claims, then get 3 new.
I think where I'm going too fast is that I just bank the points for weapon BODs (God knows I have enough gargoyle Pickaxes) so I leave the window open and just hand them in. I don't have to select a reward since I'm just banking.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*It would appear after testing that you must wait 5 seconds between handing in BOD's. Good grief.
Yup. You are right. It was a completely idiodic way to impact scripters that no longer dcript bods. I mean seeiously when have you seen the old val runic bod scripters at the smith shop.

The theory was they could script turning in and getting bods so fast they had to be slowed down to 5 seconds like a human. So the scripters add a delay in the script and no issues and we get they annoyance of them jumping back in our pack. So utterly stupid and they will never fix it. Never.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. You are right. It was a completely idiodic way to impact scripters that no longer dcript bods. I mean seeiously when have you seen the old val runic bod scripters at the smith shop.

The theory was they could script turning in and getting bods so fast they had to be slowed down to 5 seconds like a human. So the scripters add a delay in the script and no issues and we get they annoyance of them jumping back in our pack. So utterly stupid and they will never fix it. Never.
QFT

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My big issue is that I'm already going slow enough, when not doing banking (I only bank iron normal and cloth BODs).

BUT, when I'm turning in exceptional Iron BODs EXPRESSLY to get mining tools, the having to flip to the second page and pick the one I want, makes getting Prospector Tools and Gargoyle Pickaxes take 3-5x longer than it did before the point system.

Before the point system, I knew I'd get a PT or GPA (50% chance of each), and since I used 4-5 GPA per PT, I'd have to toss a few extra PT, or just stockpile them.
Turn in BOD-reward drops in pack/claim new BOD/repeat.

Now it's
Turn in BOD/page through rewards/pick reward-wait for reward to fall in pack/claim new BOD.

I'd be happy if there was just a way to say "If BOD worth no more than X, always pick Reward Y (until this choice turned off)"

On the bright side, there used to be a bug (probably left over from the 2001 code, and the old stat caps and backpack weights), where you couldn't turn in a BOD for a reward after hitting about 420-430 stone weight, no matter what your STR was or how much room was in your pack. Apparently, that was finally fixed with the change to BOD rewards, as I can now keep claiming rewards until my backpack hits 125 items, regardless of weight (my smith/miner having 143 STR/600 total weight allowance).

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes there are some ups and downs but the big thing the new bod system did was turn crap bods into ones that could be used towards other rewards that you may want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk