• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO approaching 21.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the other thread about it being slow in UO recently got me thinking.
UO is 21 next month......but what has it been doing for the last year?

Has it been on a year out traveling the world?
Has it been bumming off it's parents for a year?
Has it been going round shouting "are you dis-respecting me?" at everyone?

I cannot actually think of anything "new" in the last year?
oh and lets not claim that tiny bug fix publish was worthy of a solid years work...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The picnic basket, holiday Xmas gift, garden wheel barrow, and valentine gift is I can remember.
Also store items and the forums if those count.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They took a Shadowguard that worked fine and turned into a bug fest. Does that count?
Yall need to go to the other board and start a thread of things that work fine as they are...so they will know what to work on next :hahaha:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm waiting for a certain cheerleader to reply with "they've taken the summer off, you know a lot of people spend time with their families during the blah blah blah". I always enjoy that defense when it gets developmentally quiet in UO.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm waiting for a certain cheerleader to reply with "they've taken the summer off, you know a lot of people spend time with their families during the blah blah blah". I always enjoy that defense when it gets developmentally quiet in UO.
LOL. Yeah the rest of the world keeps working, except maybe 2 weeks vacation. Here, they're afk in summer, they shut down for December, ...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So there is no Anniversary event this year? I know we got a bit spoilt last year, but they could have added it for those that missed it last time around, even a cut-down version...

Belmarduk

Adventurer
The same state we have been in for 20 years. What you expected something different just because we are turning 21?
Are you Serious ?
Look at the subs 15 years ago and now
As much as I dont like saying this, the game is a train-wreck
EJ did nothing to save it ( not too suprised about this - f2p/EndlessJourney/Endless War whatever etc ) have so far ALWAYS been the last spasm for a dying mmo
As sad as I find it, I does not look good anymore now...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'd like to see the sub. numbers before and after EJ, I wonder how many people with multiple accounts that had no houses actually let them go onto EJ. My husband and I had a couple of accounts we would pay a month or two here and there if we needed them but there's no need to do that any more. Most of the influx of people seemed to be Vets trying out EJ, not new players subbing, it's been very quiet again for a while now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you Serious ?
Look at the subs 15 years ago and now
As much as I dont like saying this, the game is a train-wreck
EJ did nothing to save it ( not too suprised about this - f2p/EndlessJourney/Endless War whatever etc ) have so far ALWAYS been the last spasm for a dying mmo
As sad as I find it, I does not look good anymore now...
Listening to the way everybodies whines all the time UO has been ****ed up from day one and yet here we are 21 years later still playing .

Last edited:

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Listening to the way everybodies whines all the time UO has been ****ed up from day one and yet here we are 21 years later still playing .
Yes, we are whining and complaining. We are having a discussion on the possible future of a game we love (or used to love). Your sarcastic, biting comments are wholly unnecessary. Let us discuss what we notice and what we think it means without you being a troll.

:facepalm:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone who thinks we are still healthy and in good shape needs to remove the blinders

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there is no Anniversary event this year? I know we got a bit spoilt last year, but they could have added it for those that missed it last time around, even a cut-down version...
There is an event arc coming with Pub 101, they've mentioned it a few times...though not as loudly as they should. We'll also be getting a holiday arc alongside the Artisan Festival.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Think I read where they are bringing back the elementals again

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, we are whining and complaining. We are having a discussion on the possible future of a game we love (or used to love). Your sarcastic, biting comments are wholly unnecessary. Let us discuss what we notice and what we think it means without you being a troll.

:facepalm:
It doesn't matter what the DEVs do, for the last 20 years alls you here is BLAH BLAH BLAH but if you think that me stating the truth is a troll then you are entitled to your opinion. Have the DEVs done anything right, here let me answer that "Hell no they have all screwed up UO" but yet here we all are and for the most part we all are paying customers. Why would anyone in their right mind after reading all the "the devs have ****ed up UO again" would anybody want to play UO.

kalexpor

Adventurer
basically speaking, all the change in uo mean to me a "homework". if there will be a change in uo in the future, i will have to spend time to catch up with the change.
but it is a good case, sometimes i can not catch up with the change, logically. it is the reason i left wow.

* i was a pvper, in wow.