• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you think what other non official servers can do regarding this, and how they can monitor it.

Then you have official UO Broadsword/EA who seem to do SFA. (Edit- who receive subs/coin)

But wait...…. here is a list !

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Perhaps if training pets was LESS MINDNUMBINGLY BORING.
People wouldnt resort to cheeses when training.

Also pretty silly to petition someone training parry/wres at slugs.
It's not even very efficient in comparison to other methods.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you know for sure she was AFK? Maybe answered GM just not you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When we got all the spawn away from him - and he kept keep healing his pet and tell it to guard him.... we had that going for a hr while our pets was having the ball.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The slugs will still be there tomorrow. Use the low levels of the turtle spawn and let them skill their pets.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"WE TRY REPORT FOR 9HRS"
"started around 1pm"
"Mandrake of DF, Today at 3:29 PM"

Something seems off but I cant quite put my finger on it.

* Also, if anyone else was curious, noone is currently there on Catskills.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you think what other non official servers can do regarding this, and how they can monitor it.

Then you have official UO Broadsword/EA who seem to do SFA. (Edit- who receive subs/coin)

But wait...…. here is a list !
SFA ????????

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"WE TRY REPORT FOR 9HRS"
"started around 1pm"
"Mandrake of DF, Today at 3:29 PM"

Something seems off but I cant quite put my finger on it.

* Also, if anyone else was curious, noone is currently there on Catskills.
It's either aliens or.... timezones ;)

Angleswings

Adventurer
you paged on someone for 9 hours who was training their pets? Jesus man, that is pretty sad.
Than people ask why so many people are quitting. Nowadays instead of people play (or Mind) their own game, no, everybody is mad at everybody, everybody is paging at everybody, "You have a Shard Shield account and I dont" so I am mad at you, because my acc is not that old to have a shield but I am mad at you because you have and I dont want to pay for. This type of mentality is killing UO, but I guess this is good because it show what kind of person you (we) are.

Instead of you mind your own business (game) you took your time (9 hours) to page on someone and waited for an action that never happened?? That is sad indeed.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it is amazing how people come out to try to discredit someone's post about cheating. shameful

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So why didn't the OP post this over on the official forum where it might actually get a DEVs attention?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ill drop a dime on AFK'r's every time i see them.
id expect nothing less than the same if i do it.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
it is amazing how people come out to try to discredit someone's post about cheating. shameful
Discredit? that is like someone calling the cops on you 9x a day because you are smoking pot. You are deliberately trying to ruin someone else game experience because you are a flat out Jerk.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Discredit? that is like someone calling the cops on you 9x a day because you are smoking pot. You are deliberately trying to ruin someone else game experience because you are a flat out Jerk.
And what game experience would that be? Press a button and leave the computer?

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
a flat out jerk is someone who cheats thinks their above the rules, someone who uses illegal 3rd party programs to get a head of the innOcent players who don't cheat,and others who stand up for them of course no offense to you.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
a flat out jerk is someone who cheats thinks their above the rules, someone who uses illegal 3rd party programs to get a head of the innOcent players who don't cheat,and others who stand up for them of course no offense to you.
you dont need to heal your pet vs slugs they heal themselves. and no someone macroing training their pet because they are doing stuff irl is not a jerk.

who is more disruptive in society.

They person who calls the cops every single time someone goes 80 mph on the free way or the person who is going 80 with no on on the road... You guys understand this is a 20 year old video game, and if someones dog killing slugs bothers you that much, that you need to seriously page for 9 hours.!!!!! there are some issues going on in your life that you need to deal with.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you dont need to heal your pet vs slugs they heal themselves. and no someone macroing training their pet because they are doing stuff irl is not a jerk.

who is more disruptive in society.

They person who calls the cops every single time someone goes 80 mph on the free way or the person who is going 80 with no on on the road... You guys understand this is a 20 year old video game, and if someones dog killing slugs bothers you that much, that you need to seriously page for 9 hours.!!!!! there are some issues going on in your life that you need to deal with.
If I can stop what I'm doing on the game log off do what I need to do log back on start doing what I was doing. the jerks of cheating should do the same know matter how you spin it there is no excuse for cheating.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If I can stop what I'm doing on the game log off do what I need to do log back on start doing what I was doing. the jerks of cheating should do the same know matter how you spin it there is no excuse for cheating.
Its not cheating, UO does not care about Macroing as long as you are not bothering anyone... But when there is some Jerk who is spamming their inbox for 9 hours then they gotta do something.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
ok then why is macroing on the ban list along with the other illegal things players are being banned for?
because they are ej accounts. my buddies 5 of them came over started characters one got banned for macroing magery in luna account was terminated, then 10 people went back to free server

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
because they are ej accounts. my buddies 5 of them came over started characters one got banned for macroing magery in luna account was terminated, then 10 people went back to free server
they deserve to be banned for macroing in luna of all places. if I was a gm i would transport the cheating jerk to a fel gate outside of guard zone let the pkers take care of them

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1 person got banned and 10 people left to go back the cheat fest free servers, yea like I believe that or better yet why didn't you go with them.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
1 person got banned and 10 people left to go back the cheat fest free servers, yea like I believe that or better yet why didn't you go with them.
Mebbe he did and is only here to insure we don't ruin someone else's game ... or sumpin' like that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mebbe he did and is only here to insure we don't ruin someone else's game ... or sumpin' like that.
Being AFK training in Luna really hurts no one but I am sorry training AFK at a spawn of any kind does hurt other players, sorry you think cheating is ok.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being AFK training in Luna really hurts no one but I am sorry training AFK at a spawn of any kind does hurt other players, sorry you think cheating is ok.
Thats not a spawn. The slugs are there always. We have 3 tamers using them at a time with no issues. We know how to share.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was responding to your seemingly sarcastic shot at 805connection where you alluded to him/her returning to "cheat fest" places elsewhere. THAT made me write what I did ... that they had gone there and were simply being a ******* (my asterisks because what I wanted to write certainly would end up like this).

As for me ... I agree with you. Luna (or any town) training is pretty easy to ignore but spawn stuff like what was reported just isn't. I also agree that if it were Fel that person would have justice done to them. Over and over if needed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Someone should page on me when I'm AFK at Navrey. I'll take 2 or 3 there and there's a good chance I will forget one after looting.

30 Min later or more I will wonder where one of my guys is. Flip around and he is standing somewhere down there. Luckily I haven't had one die by doing that.

The only unfair place is when someone is at the mage skilling afk. I'll look at the pet and determine how long training would take, then return and accidentally bring a vortex there.

The mage is not for Skilling!!!!!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
If something is classed as cheating by the game ToS then it's cheating, no matter what individuals think is okay, it's this attitude of turning a blind eye that has got us to where we are now, rampant cheating and a decline in players.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well, some of the pet skills are really a pain to train, like discordance. When trying to gain normally once like every 5 days, our pets failed to gain several times, a full whisper and a bit at a Minion of Scelestus, at an Allosaurus, at the Rotting Corpses in Doom, and also half an hour in the Myrmidex Spawn. Zero gains at 115.7! The last attempt was after reading a post of Basara mentioning he thinks it gains best against multiple foes. So now it is back at the Acid Slugs, which indeed is mind numbing. Half a day there using whispers as soon as we could, saw 1.2 gains. At least it is progress, and it doesn't matter if that takes a while. Who is harmed with such training?! NO ONE. We see plenty of others come and go, but because of their insta spawn rate that is no problem. (We won't leave our char there when away from home, we do want to keep half an eye on it, but try to use our time useful next to this grind.) We don't have that much time to spend on UO, so have to resort to such tactics to still feel some progress. All the more after it became clear pets don't have a GGS, failing to gain for well over a week.
It just strikes us as ironic that someone complaining in another thread about the grindy nature of the peerless keys, asking for that part to be removed, (while that is part of the Peerless experience, get the keys, fight the boss!) comes in here calling someone training their pet to GET to that stage where you can fight such battles a cheat. Normally we love your posts @ShriNayne, always supportive, and attentive. We just disagree here. (And we are probably among those you call the crazy few regarding the peerless keys lol.)
Same goes for Tjalle, mostly we like your posts. But this
And what game experience would that be? Press a button and leave the computer?
is just nonsense. You know full well that the acid slugs part is to prepare the pet for the fun game experiences, not part of it itself!
It might be in the ToS, but we see it very much similar to trespassing through red light when no other traffic is there. (Pedestrian perspective here.) Yes, it is an offense, but you save some time and harm no one in the process!