• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Fickle RNG

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Decided to post this because my time, for once, was well spent. Did BODs for two hours to get enough hammers for a spree of reforging (needed fire and poison axes for my sampire).

Filled enough BODs to get 20 runic hammers. Made my axes, started the reforging.

First one, and I get a fire axe. Second is a poison. Luck.....

But I know had I started cashing in hammers after the first BOD, I wouldn’t have gotten squat.
Is reforging pure RNG or boosted anything based on skills/stats? Or was I just lucky?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Already ran to the store for a lottery ticket? Today is your day!!! :D Congrats on your stroke of luck! (And although we lack the knowledge to answer your question, we think you were just lucky.)

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Now make some composite bows!
I’ve actually been really lucky on the RNG for those. Don’t know why.

But those BODs are a lot easier to bribe up to get runic tools. Blacksmithing can be a PITA to get the right BODs.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dull Copper Runics can be used to reforge 100% Fire. You reforge it to Physical/60%+ Fire, then use a +60 ASH to enhance to Bronze, and you got a 100% Fire wep. Then start powdering it, and imbue it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dull Copper Runics can be used to reforge 100% Fire. You reforge it to Physical/60%+ Fire, then use a +60 ASH to enhance to Bronze, and you got a 100% Fire wep. Then start powdering it, and imbue it.
I've found shadow runics with powerful selected gives me a decent amount of 100% elemental. Though with that said yes, there can be loooooong dry spells. Or you get 6 chaos damage ones in a row :mad:

Adrahil

Adventurer
I feel for you.... I made 2 100% energy double axes on first 3 hits. Burned through 16 hammers after and got a poison and a chaos/energy mix. Never did get my fire axes made. The RNG is extremely streaky and can fall for you or against you.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I feel for you.... I made 2 100% energy double axes on first 3 hits. Burned through 16 hammers after and got a poison and a chaos/energy mix. Never did get my fire axes made. The RNG is extremely streaky and can fall for you or against you.
Fire is a bit easier because it get a 70 or higher you can enhance with bronze to take it to 100. On metal items at least. But the others types are annoying.