• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where do YOU find your high end loot?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only reliable sources is shadowgaurd, underwater boss and exodus. the other 98 percent of the game's bosses are not worth the time thanks to the devs. Tmaps used to be ok but now they are as random as getting a drop from a champion spawn boss. Good luck and good hunting.

Enziet

Journeyman
For starter loot I stuck with Ettins for awhile in Fel Despise. Once I was trained up enough, I jumped to Elementals.

Once GM I joined into a good active guild on Atlantic and we have been doing Doom and a few other larger spawning bosses. Champ spawns and the like. I find that when there is not enough people online during my gameplay times Deamon / Balron hunting / Dragons give some decent solo loot as well.

For the very high end loot though you will have to find an active guild, or try to find a solid group of people to play with to go after champ spawns and other larger bosses.

I know it doesn't help much, but I've alot of experience solo / group PvE. For the best loot you will want groups of people and to wander all over the place.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
1. Shadowguard (I find the best of the best to be here, high luck is highly recommended)
2. Exodus (80% you will get some sort of useful legendary)
3. Corgul/Scalis (Tho the Squid is not soo nice at giving goodies but if you get a small forge soul, good cash to start making suit)
4. T-maps (You should aim just for Fel ones, best chances of something decent)
5. Vendors/IDOCs

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
We have 50+ or so Peerless/Champions, and yet only 3 or 4 drop anything worth a damn.

What the hell kind of game is that!?

This is the exact reason why I'm down to 1 account from 5.

After 500+ Exodus/Scalis runs it gets a little boring.

T-Hunting it worthless.

This issue has been pointed out multiple times starting well over a year ago, and nothing has been done to the loot tables of other bosses.

Again, the current Dev Team is the worst we've ever had hands down.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM event bosses have been my best luck. There are ton of events to go to if you are bit organized and have toons on several shards.

Reactions: THP

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"even with their paychecks depending on the game, they couldn't figure out what I did while browsing Stratics in my underwear." - Spock's Beard
That reminds me, how long has it been since we've heard from that master of sarcasm?

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
"even with their paychecks depending on the game, they couldn't figure out what I did while browsing Stratics in my underwear." - Spock's Beard
That reminds me, how long has it been since we've heard from that master of sarcasm?
Probably got bored like everyone else after killing the same 4 or 5 Bosses 500+ times , and started playing another game.

All Peerless & Champion Bosses should have a solid chance of dropping a nice Legendary Artifact. It shouldn't be just some small list because the Devs coded those monsters making 90% of the remaining UO content worthless.

I mean that's the game we have....90% of the content is worthless.

Is it any wonder why this game continues it's downward spiral?

Last edited:

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I am gonna say this, there is this monster that you can find both in Tram and Fel who is not a champ or peerless, which is surrounded but super weak spawn, but if you kill him and his companion, the loot on both are clean 20+ splinters....

Now go out and find him!!

Lord Bishop

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always thought coil dropped good loot for the time to kill vs level or loot. Also a split grp gets more loot per kill then a partied group.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bone Daemons are good for artifacts. Hit dark guardians to collect the bones and summon BD. You get a gold skull and good drops. Also Luck suit plus the skeletal dragon in doom (the ferryman) produces nice stuff sometimes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I find Exodus has the best loot versus the amount of time it takes to farm up keys and beat the boss. I find Exous drops a lot of good loot with Stamina increase on it... so if you're farming for a dexxer, this is where you want to be.

Shadowguard's loot is probably overall better than Exodus, but certainly more time consuming to do all the rooms and defeat the final boss encounter. Shadowguard gives you better loot geared for mages.

And as already pointed out on here, Scalis and Corgul also have good loot tables. If you do Scalis in a large group, wait for the loot to go public and I always find that people leave decent Major and Legendary artifacts on the corpse.

And while the overall loot table isn't nearly as good - if you do a Fel Spawn, I usually find atleast one decent piece on the corpse. Luck helps a lot here.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pfffff.... how many times ....em events... loot the sub bosses and the end bosses.... there are several em events each week spread over the shards.... thats the hard part finding time to do them all ....saying that there are quite a few folks that do seem to LIVE on UO 24/7 ... i really dont want to know why.......... and having a event char to do so on each shard is again crazy hard to achieve...... but ksara its no big secret ... thats were most of the good stuff comes from....hope that helps////

Vinicius Peres

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
bumping this dead topic instead of creating a new one:
Ix Exodus still the best option?
I've killed him a couple of times with 1.5~2k Luck on everyone at party, with 4 people.
We didn't even drop the party to see how the loot would be, turns we got 7 Greater artifacts 1Major and 1Legendary.
Doesn't seem taht good for the ammount of time it took all of us to farm the keys and then ill him.
Was also looking into buying the keys instead and people were selling sets for 5m? Does anyone actually buys them for that price? Seems like it'd be more profitable to just sell the keys then.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bumping this dead topic instead of creating a new one:
Ix Exodus still the best option?
I've killed him a couple of times with 1.5~2k Luck on everyone at party, with 4 people.
We didn't even drop the party to see how the loot would be, turns we got 7 Greater artifacts 1Major and 1Legendary.
Doesn't seem taht good for the ammount of time it took all of us to farm the keys and then ill him.
Was also looking into buying the keys instead and people were selling sets for 5m? Does anyone actually buys them for that price? Seems like it'd be more profitable to just sell the keys then.

The roof encounter is the current flavor of the week.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Roof encounter and exodus are my go-tos. If I need crafting bonus talismans I may hit Melisande in Fel. Sometimes peerless bosses if the luck RNG got high enough but those are the main two.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I farm dead shards for power scrolls and sell them on Atlantic. Then I use the gold to buy high end gear.
this is why PS should be shard bound....
This is exactly the reason why PS should NOT be shard bound. Anything that encourages game play on shards other than Atlantic is a good thing. Especially when it involves potential PvP.
Hell, Anything that encourages game play (period) is a good thing.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is exactly the reason why PS should NOT be shard bound. Anything that encourages game play on shards other than Atlantic is a good thing. Especially when it involves potential PvP.
Hell, Anything that encourages game play (period) is a good thing.
Oh i'm fine with you coming to Origin to have fun but the PS should stay....

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lurg and Abcess in fel

Ancient Wyrm isn't bad in fel but the spawn rate is really really slow sometimes.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lurg and Abcess in fel

Ancient Wyrm isn't bad in fel but the spawn rate is really really slow sometimes.
Lurg? I've never gotten anything good off Lurg, but I've never tried him in fel. That makes a big difference?

transcendent

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
this is why PS should be shard bound....
So are you saying I should keep those power scrolls on a dead shard where there are no customers to buy them? By keeping the scrolls in my bank box, it will somehow improve the UO community? How does that help?

I'd rather bring them back to Atl, so the tamers who are afraid to do their own champ spawns can buy them at a good price. I feel like I am doing these ppl a service.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Fel turtle spawn and Exodus are two very easy monsters to get good stuff from.
Fel turtle takes a wee bit to complete, though. And depending on your shard, the champ spawn idol might be broken and can only be activated once per day.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So are you saying I should keep those power scrolls on a dead shard where there are no customers to buy them? By keeping the scrolls in my bank box, it will somehow improve the UO community? How does that help?

I'd rather bring them back to Atl, so the tamers who are afraid to do their own champ spawns can buy them at a good price. I feel like I am doing these ppl a service.
there are people to buy them just not at ATL prices i understand your motivation i do.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
my best loot comes from the people that use 5 to 10 chars with lucks suits and farm/script loot certain things that can drop good loot. by lack of action and poor leadership, the devs have cause these actions to grow and fester. u can see afew of the people with hoards of good loot on vender and/or auction safes ect…, and are restocked as needed. there are also afew creatures that are farmed, and are not well known for loot.
u can get what u need from excodus, shadow guard. but corgul, scalis are not too bad. treasure chests use to be pretty good.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes you are doing us a service. Some people prefer to spend their time playing alone fighting ratmen. We clearly have different values of time. Common misconception. We are not "affraid" to do our own champ spawns. We just cant be bothered with it. Its peasant work.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fimd bone demons to have pretty good loot. Also ringing the bell in doom and slaughtering the skeletal dragons with a high luck suit tend to produce nice pieces.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lurg? I've never gotten anything good off Lurg, but I've never tried him in fel. That makes a big difference?
I regularly get legendaries,

And yes loot is better in fel, you get a 5% bump to base budget, budget bonus, and 1000 luck tacked on to your luck value used in those item property generation calculations.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I regularly get legendaries,

And yes loot is better in fel, you get a 5% bump to base budget, budget bonus, and 1000 luck tacked on to your luck value used in those item property generation calculations.
Ive killed probably 1000s of Lurgs and not received a Legendary. And most of that is with 1500 luck suit and bushido....damned RNG