• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about Wedding Package from UO Store

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have a "wedding chapel" setup that I can look at? I am wondering what the chocolate fountain looks like and if its re-deedable. Also, I want to see what the arch/bower looks like and if the seed is a one time shot - or if you can use an ax and it becomes a seed again? I actually bought the whole set just to get the Top Hat and Tux :) Thank you in advance!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Fountain is re-deedable, the arch is one shot..it re-deeds though.

I took mine down but this is what it looks like...the top one is taken in the Enhanced Client. You only get one cake choice.

ECstuff.jpg thisone.jpg Trellis.jpg WeddingHallBasement.jpg WeddingHallRoof.jpg

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Larisa! Where is the "Safe Haven Hub" - I would like to visit and see it "in the flesh" if the house is open to the Public.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I really like this package, it just has so many delightful options for roleplay. I just wish the major pieces were sold separately. Some more info:

The chocolate fountain is a blessed item, not deeded. Cannot be dyed or engraved, but you can carry it around and pass out chocolate covered strawberries.

The cake starts as a mixing bowl that functions like a holiday ticket. You select one out of 8 options, once, and the bowl is gone. They are all dyable with natural and store dyes and all cloth dye tubs, although the chocolate cake does not show the color. The cakes are exceptional, and thus can take a cake deco tool. The slices are endless in number, and retain both the label AND the color of the cake in little icing lines on the slice. It is an item, not a deed, and blessed (also on Siege) so you can carry it around with you just for fun. Everyone who murders me or peeks into my pockets can get a little treat. :D

cake.jpg

The trellis starts as a seed, but it is just a ticket so you can choose one of 3 styles. You do not have to grow it. Once chosen, that style is set and it is a deed that can be dyed with furniture dye tub and natural dyes but not any store dye. This is the Ivy one.

arch.jpg arch2.jpg

I really enjoy the wedding dress and tuxedo! The package comes with 2 sewing kits that each offer you a choice of dress or tux. So you can choose if you want a dress and tux, or two of the same. UO is very progressive ;) All pieces are blessed (including Siege) and are all dyable with every cloth tub, natural dyes, and store dyes. Larisa already has a pic of the tuxedo, so I just did the gown here. I use it as victorian gothic look with the undead top hat (shown instead of the top hat that comes with the package. The second set of pics is with the undead wedding veil that I think looks like lovely long hair when dyed.) The wedding dress does not come with a veil. When you use the sewing kit, it creates a matching cake topper that cannot be dyed.

gown.jpg

Larisa's pics also show the various tables, chairs, flowers, and candelabras. I will add though that they are dyable with furniture tub, natural and store dyes.

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I actually took it down to re-design my house but I can put the stuff back up for you, that's not a problem..I will do it sometime tomorrow.

Safe Haven is on Siege, so if you don't have a character there, make one! :) And I can show it to you no problem.

Thank you Tanager for the lovely pictures!

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On siege there is a wedding display in new magincia , just south of the flower garden.
It was left there for siege players to use if so inclined.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you, @Sellingahouse ! I could have sworn I tested all the tubs when I got the package some months ago, but I must have missed those! Great to know, color variety is wonderful. I edited my post.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually took it down to re-design my house but I can put the stuff back up for you, that's not a problem..I will do it sometime tomorrow.

Safe Haven is on Siege, so if you don't have a character there, make one! :) And I can show it to you no problem.

Thank you Tanager for the lovely pictures!
Thank you - I setup a mini version in th e Abyss House on Legends. Unfortunately, I kept cliciking on the chocolate fountain thinking it would become animated, but it "poofed" on me a left only 5 chocolate covered strawberries:( EDIT: Just found my choc fountain - too damned many bags and boxes in my backpack.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you - I setup a mini version in th e Abyss House on Legends. Unfortunately, I kept cliciking on the chocolate fountain thinking it would become animated, but it "poofed" on me a left only 5 chocolate covered strawberries:(
So the fountain and cake disappear if you use them ?

If so that’s a huge waste of money. No receipt for cake or chocolate fountain.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the fountain and cake disappear if you use them ?

If so that’s a huge waste of money. No receipt for cake or chocolate fountain.
Just found my choc fountain - so id dint disappear. I think the poster above says cake stays with you - but you are stuck with the first cake you make .

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay well that’s a little better I guess, but you should be able to change the cake for that kinda of money

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Once the cake and chocolate fountain are displayed you click them to get a slice of cake or a chocolate covered strawberry. If you inscribe a message on the cake it appears on all the slices too. The cake and fountain don't get used up.
You can get the top hat and a veil separately but they make your skin appear white. Funny how we were told the veil wasn't possible when the package was released and they didn't even bother to provide a hat for the bride, then later the veil appears in a separate package for Halloween. I was pretty annoyed the Halloween set was in a really nice container but the more expensive Wedding package wasn't in anything special.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my, I hadn't really looked at these properly. How perfectly lovely!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The items in the package are actually all really well done, the fact that they are partly dyeable is great, you can re-use the wedding set for other events like our Halloween party last year, we made them all partly orange to match the pumpkins. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was rather annoyed that the cake wasn't a recipe you could use to make your choice of cake after that .... was also annoyed that you couldn't redeed the arch and then choose a different one...

For someone who once hosted weddings and such in my Theatre I wanted to buy the set until I found you got 1 choice only on those items. I'm not buying 8 sets of them that's ridiculous.

I had hoped they would offer a way to get the other arches and cakes separately but that hasn't yet happened so I'm saving my money and not buying any of it.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I agree the arch could have been a deed, it's a really pretty item and would have been a great addition to many people's decorating. After spending so many sovereigns on the package being able to make the cake would have been nice, even if the recipe only made a two-tier version, I would have been happy with that. It's like every time they bring out something new they just don't think it through quite enough.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well that's the realism in it....once you bake a cake, you can't really un-bake it....selling more recipes in the store for like 100 sov. would be nice though.