• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update on Multi-boxing/Scripting?

Damon Beasts

Journeyman
I was wondering if there has been any updates on the accounts banned for multi-boxing or scripting. I know there was a post around the time EJ came out with the numbers of banned accounts but havent seen anything else.
Was that post just something to make people think they are doing something about it?
Have they done anything since?
Do they plan to continue with their so called "detection" of such illegal acts?

I still see Multi-boxing and Scripting on a daily basis, espically at Events and IDOCS and I personally have been script mining for weeks on a dummy account trying to see their process in action but have yet to see it. I figured I would have received some sort of interaction with a GM or something but nothing. So what did they actually do besides fill everyone full of crap to make people feel more secure? Whatever they claim they did, apearently it is not working.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was wondering if there has been any updates on the accounts banned for multi-boxing or scripting. I know there was a post around the time EJ came out with the numbers of banned accounts but havent seen anything else.
Was that post just something to make people think they are doing something about it?
Have they done anything since?
Do they plan to continue with their so called "detection" of such illegal acts?

I still see Multi-boxing and Scripting on a daily basis, espically at Events and IDOCS and I personally have been script mining for weeks on a dummy account trying to see their process in action but have yet to see it. I figured I would have received some sort of interaction with a GM or something but nothing. So what did they actually do besides fill everyone full of crap to make people feel more secure? Whatever they claim they did, apearently it is not working.

Apearently[sic] you are not very well informed is all......

Damon Beasts

Journeyman
Apearently[sic] you are not very well informed is all......
What is it that Im misinformed about? The fact that it still happens on a daily basis or the fact that they are doing something about it. Please enlighten me or us for that matter since you seem to know all the details.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was a passing fad. Something to calm those that are tired of it and then quietly shuffled under the rug. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong though.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did not say misinformed. I said that you are not very well informed. I also did not claim to know all the details. I do however know that they are working on it and I know there have been people warned and banned for multi-boxing.

It takes time for them to be caught and actioned. People need to report it happening when they see it. The fact that you do not know that there are accounts that have been warned and banned for multi-boxing is why I said you are ill informed. The fact that you still see it happening does not mean that they, “…fill everyone full of crap to make people feel more secure.” It means that you are ill informed. Furthermore, “Whatever they claim they did, apearently[sic] it is not working.” Again, same thing.

The speed are which they are working and not being updated on the progress in a timely manner seems to be the issue you are having. Might I suggest a bit less animus, exaggeration and assumptions toward the group you are asking questions of and seeking effort from. Might have better results….or not.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Working on making it easier? Now that I'd believe.

Why EJ accounts are allowed to grab entire chests and bags(if they contain no unusable items) is beyond me, they can't even use them in a public house!

It took all of 2 idocs for regular scripters to figure that out and deploy a dozen EJ accounts to do just that, how come Devs couldn't figure that out before release?

Last edited:

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning I noticed a newbie named XV at new haven by the fountaint. THen I realized there were about five newbs with numbered names sitting around in the same spot. A gargoyle mage came by and gated them somewhere. After he left, five more numbered dudes showed up in the same spot. That's atleast 15 accounts, 16 counting the garg.... Did I notice a multi boxer setting up?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Find it funny I write this post and then they come out with the numbers..LOL.
Hate to break it to you, but they have been releasing these numbers in each Newsletter/uo.com since EJ came out.

4/28-6/11
8 Solicitations
9 Disruptive Behaviors
15 macroing
1 abuse of game Mechanics
1 Illegal house design
1 naming violation

4/23 - 4/29
1 Disruptive behavior
12 Duping
4 Solicitations
6 Macroing

4/9 – 4/15
14 macroers
7 solicitation
6 disruptive behavior

4/1-4/8
12 disruptive behavior
18 macroers
14 multiboxers
12 solicitation

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly is “macroers and macroing”

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This morning I noticed a newbie named XV at new haven by the fountaint. THen I realized there were about five newbs with numbered names sitting around in the same spot. A gargoyle mage came by and gated them somewhere. After he left, five more numbered dudes showed up in the same spot. That's atleast 15 accounts, 16 counting the garg.... Did I notice a multi boxer setting up?
And did you report it?

Tanda

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to see the scripter with multiboxing , come to Arirang Shard.(Balhae also) In Doom Dungeon-Lich (guardian's) room, there is the person named: Rhamnou***who does not get caught by running the macro almost all day for years. (except ET 10am-8pm) I reported it to GM several times, but it was useless. He is so a clever scripter that he recalls when GM or someone else comes. NO GM NO BAN here. LOL

Damon Beasts

Journeyman
Well lets do some more testing on this subject. I will be script mining for next few weeks like usual but this time im going to report myself and see what happens. I BET NOTHING.....To Be Continued.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hate to break it to you, but they have been releasing these numbers in each Newsletter/uo.com since EJ came out.

4/28-6/11
8 Solicitations
9 Disruptive Behaviors
15 macroing
1 abuse of game Mechanics
1 Illegal house design
1 naming violation

4/23 - 4/29
1 Disruptive behavior
12 Duping
4 Solicitations
6 Macroing

4/9 – 4/15
14 macroers
7 solicitation
6 disruptive behavior

4/1-4/8
12 disruptive behavior
18 macroers
14 multiboxers
12 solicitation
I can make up numbers like that and deliver them to you weekly, would you believe me though ?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can make up numbers like that and deliver them to you weekly, would you believe me though ?
Coming from you? Someone who isn't from broadsword and is wearing a tin foil hat? No, I would not believe you.

I have no reason to doubt the Broadsword numbers. The reduction of Multiboxing at EM events is proof SOMETHING changed at least.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well lets do some more testing on this subject. I will be script mining for next few weeks like usual but this time im going to report myself and see what happens. I BET NOTHING.....To Be Continued.
So let me get this straight: we cant trust statements from Broadsword or the numbers they provide but we should believe empty statements like this.

Ok got it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I have no reason to doubt the Broadsword numbers. The reduction of Multiboxing at EM events is proof SOMETHING changed at least.
Have not attended an EM event for a while now.. so did not know how things stood on that front. Glad to see they are taking steps on those though.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its ancient code there will never be a 100% fix for unattended macroing/scripting besides good old fashion GM policing.

Angleswings

Adventurer
They shot themselves in the foot with EJ accounts. Before people were multiboxing on events with 5,10+ accounts, but they were paying for those accounts, so UO was making money at least. now the same people are multiboxing still and some of them with double the amount of accounts, but now, they are all EJ accounts, so I dont understand the logic behind all that.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They shot themselves in the foot with EJ accounts. Before people were multiboxing on events with 5,10+ accounts, but they were paying for those accounts, so UO was making money at least. now the same people are multiboxing still and some of them with double the amount of accounts, but now, they are all EJ accounts, so I dont understand the logic behind all that.
You really should check your facts before you post something like this. Here's a quote for you, I've bolded the bit that made me post this reply:
Are Endless Journey accounts eligible for veteran, promotional, holiday and Event Moderator rewards?

Endless Journey accounts may not claim veteran rewards and will not gain time towards veteran status, however they may use otherwise claimed and obtained veteran rewards. Endless Journey accounts may not claim promotional, holiday, or Event Moderator rewards and cannot attack Event Moderator creatures.
As you see, there's absolutely no point in multiboxing events with EJ accounts, they can't get a drop and they can't attack the creatures.

Angleswings

Adventurer
You really should check your facts before you post something like this. Here's a quote for you, I've bolded the bit that made me post this reply:

As you see, there's absolutely no point in multiboxing events with EJ accounts, they can't get a drop and they can't attack the creatures.

Before you judge someone, you should also learn game mechanics and way around.
I will just give you 2, ONLY 2 examples on How they are doing!

• Event Moderator rewards and cannot attack Event Moderator creatures. (Did I say anything about ATTACKING a Mob? ,
    Let me help you understand, you can just create an EJ account, train overnight Magery, Eval and Med. and use those toons to Just
    heal your main guy and that is it, you have 2 toons casting healing on you, or even better, make them a bard!!, as you can see this is one example.

2nd example and the one that I see it most nowadays, people create 5,10 Gargs and use them to kill the Monster Putrifier or Abscess and use their main account to loot the corpse.

as you can see , you should do some homework as well, before say something that you really dont know!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before you judge someone, you should also learn game mechanics and way around.
I will just give you 2, ONLY 2 examples on How they are doing!

• Event Moderator rewards and cannot attack Event Moderator creatures. (Did I say anything about ATTACKING a Mob? ,
    Let me help you understand, you can just create an EJ account, train overnight Magery, Eval and Med. and use those toons to Just
    heal your main guy and that is it, you have 2 toons casting healing on you, or even better, make them a bard!!, as you can see this is one example.

2nd example and the one that I see it most nowadays, people create 5,10 Gargs and use them to kill the Monster Putrifier or Abscess and use their main account to loot the corpse.

as you can see , you should do some homework as well, before say something that you really dont know!
YES YOU DID or are you saying that they just stand there and do nothing.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If someone is paying then let them do whatever lol... if you catch them go kill them pretty easy fix.
That's what they do. Only it's their choice when they catch one and when they prefer not to. Paying multiboxers are rather the latter, but god behold when you are afk training a skill in Haven ;)

Angleswings

Adventurer
YES YOU DID or are you saying that they just stand there and do nothing.
I will try to explain the difference better using the famous system:

At EM Events, you are RIGHT and I said so and I gave the example on how to Script/Multibox at events Without the need of attacking the Mob.

you can have your main toon (paid account) regular archer, doing all the damage at the boss
than you can multibox/script 1 or 2 EJ account Mage with 120 Magery/Eval or a Mage/Healer, whatever, healing your main toon and you can even have a 3rd toon Mage/Bard. all those accounts are NOT attacking the Mob, they are EJ and they are healing your main toon, that WILL get the drop. (this was just 1 Example). Understand???

the 2nd example I used that DOES attack the MOB, it is at the Farming World, people nowadays DOES use 10,20+ EJ accounts to ATTACK the Putrifier and abcyss and other places that they farm Bokutos and Legendaries, they DO use all those EJ accounts to attack the Spam and they use their MAIN accounts to loot the items, since our loot system pool is based on the amount of toons that attack the monster and before you say anything about looting rights, anyone can open corpses at fel and even on tram / malas, corpses go public after 3 min and than your main toon can loot all those legendaries... do You need any more examples?? what is currently happening?? and like many other said, you can report them all day long and guess what, they are back the location, Everyday!!!!!!!!!!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working on making it easier? Now that I'd believe.

Why EJ accounts are allowed to grab entire chests and bags(if they contain no unusable items) is beyond me, they can't even use them in a public house!

It took all of 2 idocs for regular scripters to figure that out and deploy a dozen EJ accounts to do just that, how come Devs couldn't figure that out before release?
They should just get rid of the **** show that is idocs. Problem solved.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny how the only people in here that are arguing for the devs are known to be either working for UO (EM's, advisors, or GMs) or they are RMT people. Its funny how obvious it is and how corrupt the game has become, Clops was just setup to be a conspiracist when in fact there are many more involved and its still going on, why else would this crap still be going on. Most people who multibox are doing for high end gear, not EM events anyway. You can make ten times as much money on gear then you can one event item. Another problem with the game is itemization which causes more of these illegal actions. If people could craft very comparable items no one would illegally script those items anymore cause they wouldn't sell.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Most of these armor is just stock pile from years of farming, from what Ive seen a majority of the loot from the major farming spots have been nurfed, and in a few months. The legendary market should look dry when it comes to 12+ mod jewelry. So they did do something they just made it not worth the investment to multi bot farm.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Which is absolutely fair, people are always pancakes about legendries. Well to be honest if I’m paying for a game this game should update its content armor, abilities. If there was an updated source of armor on a yearly basis, like shadow guard, and exodus, then it really would not matter if people were mass farming older because its outdated.

Then when newer armor is released put the clams down. It’s a fairly simple process. Most games just update stats hps, armor, and keep scaling it

Imagine if we were able to have 500 hps, then we can have 140 eval scrolls, 50 stat scrolls there would be a constant reason to keep playing uo and doing the mechanics are still the same, the damage is pretty much the same. But you just keep scaling armor so people keep doing ****.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which is absolutely fair, people are always pancakes about legendries. Well to be honest if I’m paying for a game this game should update its content armor, abilities. If there was an updated source of armor on a yearly basis, like shadow guard, and exodus, then it really would not matter if people were mass farming older because its outdated.

Then when newer armor is released put the clams down. It’s a fairly simple process. Most games just update stats hps, armor, and keep scaling it

Imagine if we were able to have 500 hps, then we can have 140 eval scrolls, 50 stat scrolls there would be a constant reason to keep playing uo and doing the mechanics are still the same, the damage is pretty much the same. But you just keep scaling armor so people keep doing ****.
That is the very reason people left WOW in droves. Finally get your character up to par? Wait! New season! New gear New level!

UO has never been about that grind. If you want that, go play WOW.

WAFFLES!!!!

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That is the very reason people left WOW in droves. Finally get your character up to par? Wait! New season! New gear New level!

UO has never been about that grind. If you want that, go play WOW.

WAFFLES!!!!
you mean the game that had 12 million people? please tell me more