• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana Regen Question

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I know mana regen has diminishing returns, and its expensive to train.

Wondering what the difference would be between 20, 25, and 30 mana regen, all else being equal. Anyone know?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Holy cow! If that is accurate then with 370 Int and skills at 100, with only 5 mana regen pet gets 3 MPS, but with 30 it only goes up to 3.94 MPS.

Did you create that calculator? It's awesome, need that stickied somewhere!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Holy cow! If that is accurate then with 370 Int and skills at 100, with only 5 mana regen pet gets 3 MPS, but with 30 it only goes up to 3.94 MPS.

The math is based on the formula given by a UO Dev many years ago here: Mana regen formula?

We've done extensive testing and found the formula is still accurate for both players and pets. The calculator I linked was made by me, yes.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

@Khyro does all the calculators on our website, based on formulas given by the devlopers that have been verified to still be accurate. He's been creating some pretty nice ones.

You should see his customized EC UI, his lore page gives the hue idea, hue name, intensity value of the fresh tame and final intensity of the pet. It could also tell if a pet was exploited

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
How does HP regen work? If my pet has 20 what exactly does that mean? 20 HP per minute?
Hit Point Regen is based on 10 seconds, and doesn't suffer from diminishing returns. So 20 HPR is 20 Health per 10 seconds, or 2 Health Per Second.

As far as we can tell there is no cap on HPR (which is most likely why Consume was nerfed last year to no longer provide 150HPR).