• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is there any need

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
for parry on a thrower? what should replace it with ?
120 throwing
100 ant
100 tactics
110 rest spell
100 heal
95 chiv
95 parry

raise tactics to 120?

add focus??

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
99 Necro for Vamperic Embrace. Samp Throwers work well.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thrower he is better off going wammy. Drop healing and parry. Add necro and spirit speak. Life leech on weapon. Soul glaive for ai and go into wraith form for mana leech. Use curse weapon for additional healing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
call me silly but isnt the whole purpose of using throwing (or archery) to do damage and not let the baddy touch you?
with that in mind why would you make a sampire thrower?
just thinking out loud.
cause if your dancing around and not letting it touch you then you really have no need for the life leech, right?

seeing as you already have healing id do what you already recommended and raise up tact and sink the rest into med if your suit is medable or focus if its not.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
call me silly but isnt the whole purpose of using throwing (or archery) to do damage and not let the baddy touch you?
with that in mind why would you make a sampire thrower?
just thinking out loud.
cause if your dancing around and not letting it touch you then you really have no need for the life leech, right?

seeing as you already have healing id do what you already recommended and raise up tact and sink the rest into med if your suit is medable or focus if its not.
Could skip life leech but to maintain constant ai for max damage output going to wany some kind of mana leech.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Could skip life leech but to maintain constant ai for max damage output going to wany some kind of mana leech.
max out mana leech on weapon, which im sure we are all doing already, yes?
does vamp form leech mana?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i only have one Sampire and i use him very little.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
max out mana leech on weapon, which im sure we are all doing already, yes?
does vamp form leech mana?
I wouldn't suggest vamp form. I'd suggest wraith form. That leeches mana. I prefer life leech and curse weapon over healing because they can't be interrupted.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something also to keep in mind is wraith form will only leech mana from from critters that have mana. so having mana leech on the weapon is advisable as well.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You also want 120 tactics no matter which way you go.

You will also want to consider adding bushido to you build and choosing between anatomy or resist depending on the critter you are fighting. Evasion comes in handy and the damage increase from honor due to bushido is necessary for critters you don't have a super slayer for.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay !! i am going to add Bushido but i will whine and complain about that later...... but right now i must whine how on earth does a boomerang not have whirlwind attack or at least one of the throwing weapons......

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The skill setup depends on what you are going to fight.

If you fight little one, there is no need for Bushido. When you fight harder mobs, dancing around may attract more spell casters to target on you. You need healing.