• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Template advice

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Is this a good fishing template?

skill amt
arch 120
anat 100
chiv 100
fish 100
heal 100
hide 100
tact 100
total 720

stat amt
str 100
dex 80
int 50
total 230

suit
*70 PR & FR
*use quiver of infinity
*max DCI

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you can find it a Horselord bow takes care of all the sea creatures and the water els.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I'm more worried about those orc ships that I run into sometimes, they scare me. Can they sink my ship?
not sure about sinking but they can damage it. The CC Map shows them before they can hit you also I run UORudder to control my ship.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
not sure about sinking but they can damage it. The CC Map shows them before they can hit you also I run UORudder to control my ship.
I tried using that UORudder, and I used it years ago but now won't work for me. I still use one of the original ships, I heard they are faster than the new bigger ones. Most of time I can out run them.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried using that UORudder, and I used it years ago but now won't work for me. I still use one of the original ships, I heard they are faster than the new bigger ones. Most of time I can out run them.
I will assume you are Win 10, run UORudder in admin mode and you need to run compatibility on it. I think my UOR is set for XP

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you do the fishing quests, you can't really do them properly with the old ships. The old ships have a max cargo of 400 stone, which is 39 fish plus the crate(s)

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Speaking of those new ships, I have some general High Seas questions while we're at it.

Can my boat get attacked & damaged if im not on it? Like those pirate/orc ships

Can I put a canon on a legacy boat?

How much damage do cannons do?

I have high seas now, what new boat do you suggest I get, or which is kind of easy to get?

Do the newer boats require multiple peeps to operate? Well I guess I can't sail and use the cannons at same time right?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  1. I believe so - so don't park way from a port (many park just outside the chains at the Floating Emporium).
  2. No
  3. Only to certain things, and do damage differently between them. For example, the damage scaling for ships and Scalis (and maybe Corgul) are different than what the same cannon do to ship crew. I've had my ship's heavy cannon do 1700 to Scalis with the right ammo. Against Scalis, what can be a 2+ hour fight drops to 20-30 minutes with just ONE cannon firing on it. More ships make it even quicker.
  4. There's 4 new ships. The Britannian ship you buy in the UO Store. The Orc Ship you have to find all the parts pirate hunting (or get from people who are selling the parts). The two easiest to get are the Gargoyle ship and the Tokuno ship, which can be bought at the Floating Emporium. for a fisher, the Tokuno boat is better because it gives a passive bonus to fishing.
  5. Really, you rarely move when actually using the cannon, but you can set up macros to control and load them (especially in EC - a bit harder but doable in CC, but I never did). Easier to use vocal commands/macros and/or UO Rudder for the movement, for the small moves you might need in the heat of battle. The number of cannon are really only deco, unless you have friends along to man them, and you can typically only fire one side at a time, unless you turn around constantly or are being attacked on both sides.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have to damage it with cannon to where it reaches a certain damage level (There might be other ways like killing the crew, but unsure), then you can board it like you would any other ship.

The hold and the crates/boxes/chests on deck contain loot, mostly of a crafting or foodstuff variety. They also have ammo for cannon, and occasionally cannon deeds and other things. The liquor types are a collectable for some (stacked 2, 3, 4 bottles rarer than singles)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cool. But do I need to get into a rowboat first?
No - but Rowboats have their uses (I use one for getting to Skara Brae and Jhelom when doing Trade orders).