• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item Insurance FYI

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an FYI to check your item insurance windows.

I have 2 suits I hunt with on my Tamer a "regen" suit and a "luck" suit, both were auto insured before the publish.
Now I was wearing my luck suit and found a new piece for my regen suit, so I went to insure it thru the Item insurance window.....to my horror (and good fortune) I found that the suit pieces I wasn't wearing were no longer insured!!! :eek:

Thankfully I hadn't died so nothing was lost but my god I would have thrown the keyboard out of the window if i'd have died and lost my luck pieces..... o.0

Plenty of cash in bank and auto re-insure still selected just the pieces themselves had "un-insured" themselves...weird bug?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just saw this and checked mine. All insured and "auto reinsure" was still checked. Playing standard EC here.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI to check your item insurance windows.

I have 2 suits I hunt with on my Tamer a "regen" suit and a "luck" suit, both were auto insured before the publish.
Now I was wearing my luck suit and found a new piece for my regen suit, so I went to insure it thru the Item insurance window.....to my horror (and good fortune) I found that the suit pieces I wasn't wearing were no longer insured!!! :eek:

Thankfully I hadn't died so nothing was lost but my god I would have thrown the keyboard out of the window if i'd have died and lost my luck pieces..... o.0

Plenty of cash in bank and auto re-insure still selected just the pieces themselves had "un-insured" themselves...weird bug?
Playing after heavy drinking also causes this issue.

My suit is uninsured after the publish too . . .
And before the publish.

Adrahil

Adventurer
I read this while farming in Blackthorn’s and noticed all my Sampire weapons are no longer insured. I made a b-line to the door to fix that.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The chars we checked are ok, but thanks for the warning! Hopefully no one loses stuff over this one!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the warning. I checked most of my characters and found stuff that was not insured and should be. My rookie sampire has a really nice suit and none was insured (92-91-103-101-94 uncapped with decent mods). I gave him that one so I could imbue things later as he needed improvements.

A couple other characters were hit and miss and I chalk that up to adding improved pieces and not insuring them when I did it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In all seriousness - me. :)

The game is a lot more fun, more simple, no stress about having to be in a trillion platinum built for obsolescence suit to compete.
True you like that horrible journeyman suit. YUK

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd buy a journeyman suit if it were self-repair. Just sayin'
I think @TB Cookie [W] said it can be powdered in a post before so that is pretty good. Why self repair if you can just POF it back to max durability? I just can't stand the leather cap it comes with!

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Like my plats
You can keep your plats, you can't take them with you when you go. :beer:

True you like that horrible journeyman suit. YUK
I now also enjoy Siege for the same reasons. :)

I think @TB Cookie [W] said it can be powdered in a post before so that is pretty good. Why self repair if you can just POF it back to max durability? I just can't stand the leather cap it comes with!
Some players who like to afk farm for many hours at a time like self repair suits, prevents them accidently vanishing. And yeah, the cap isn't great, but I got used to that a long time ago, with leather armour itself.