• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Changes to soulstones and mastrys.

Sara D

Adventurer
I want to go fishing, Right now I have all craft skills on. I also have a mastery checked that is not on my skill list, archery. To put archery on to fish, along with fishing, healing, and the rest of the stuff I put on for fishing I need to remove my crafting skills. Now here comes the problem. I had changed all of my skills around so I could craft. This was before the last publish. But since I want to fish and my archery mastery was on I can not change skills because the archery skill is on. I click the archery skill to turn it off but it says "I need 90 archery to use this skill". But I can not use the soulstone to change anything around because of the archery mastery being on, on a skill that is not on, but I can not turn it off. HELP!!

This is the bug report I have sent in. Anyone else have this problem?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else have this problem?
Yes I'm sure many people.

According to the bug fixes you should be able to log off & on again, it should disable your mastery so you could use your soulstone(s) again.

If that doesn't work, there's a "bug" with the "fix", and you may have to page a GM in-game to have it fixed.

Sara D

Adventurer
I had logged off for a while and archery was still red. Clicked on archery and it said same thing, Had to have 90 skill to use it. I have filed a bug report.
Thanks

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I'm having same problem. Was on tamer using combat training(in house to raise taming) and when done with that wanted to recall to New Magenta to check out pets for sale. So was going to soul on magery(that I have on one of my stones) to recall &/or gate, but couldn't use stone. I even logged off and back on and switched chars. I also casted whispering and waited for that to wear off thinking that it would help.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I want to go fishing, Right now I have all craft skills on. I also have a mastery checked that is not on my skill list, archery. To put archery on to fish, along with fishing, healing, and the rest of the stuff I put on for fishing I need to remove my crafting skills. Now here comes the problem. I had changed all of my skills around so I could craft. This was before the last publish. But since I want to fish and my archery mastery was on I can not change skills because the archery skill is on. I click the archery skill to turn it off but it says "I need 90 archery to use this skill". But I can not use the soulstone to change anything around because of the archery mastery being on, on a skill that is not on, but I can not turn it off. HELP!!

This is the bug report I have sent in. Anyone else have this problem?
Do you have any other active skills that are at 90 real and have a mastery associated with them? The only thing I can think of to fix this without GM intervention would be to switch to another mastery (even level 1), then disable it. Then you should be able to switch your skills around. This whole change to soulstones is one big annoying joke.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am a Siege player so since we can have one character per account, we rely on soulstones heavily here to manage skills. Well I had taming (passive) mastery on and went to put my Alchemy on soulstone and got the message that I couldn't do it with active mastery. I tried to turn the mastery off by single clicking the book but I got a message about changing mastery. I couldn't shut it off. My friend Sara Dale also stuck with this issue. I posted about it and in the literal twinkling of an eye GM Rivers appears to tell us that he fixed the problem and voila! We can go out fishing later. Just want to say thanks to GM Rivers and his rapid response to our dilemma.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Do you have any other active skills that are at 90 real and have a mastery associated with them? The only thing I can think of to fix this without GM intervention would be to switch to another mastery (even level 1), then disable it. Then you should be able to switch your skills around. This whole change to soulstones is one big annoying joke.
I do have another char with swords active, and share books. So I guess, I'll give book to other character and have me reactivate swords. and give book back to my tamer. But I'll lose my boarding passive, I hope I don't lose any pets? :(

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I do have another char with swords active, and share books. So I guess, I'll give book to other character and have me reactivate swords. and give book back to my tamer. But I'll lose my boarding passive, I hope I don't lose any pets? :(
Your pets will be ok, your stablecount will just read something like 27/24 until you get the mastery turned back on. If you take any pets out, you just won't be able to stable them until you have enough room again.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Ok, I asked in global chat and all you have to do is click the book and select the mastery skill again, essentially turning it off. Once you do that you can use soulstone again.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes, another great add by the devs. Trying to stone eval off and stone peace onto my bard. However, since the bard skills are active, I can't stone anything off, and I can't change to a skill that allows me to do that. Another well thought out "fix" to a problem that was minute. Nice job team! So now I'm stuck with this template until they get around to a fix in patch 142 in 2029.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
Well, it was going fine until today, when I turned off taming mastery, used stone and when I went to turn taming back on it didn't work. :(

Tried logging out and back on, even switched chars. My other char that uses sword mastery can turn his on and off but tamer can't any more for some reason.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I paged a GM about 1/2 hour ago and just tried it again, and now it works again. So, IDK, I guess he came by when I was typing in forum or something. LOL