• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Active Mastery and Soulstones

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So you can't use a Soulstone with an active Mastery. That's fine.

So how do you disable an active Mastery?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
click it again...so open your mastery book and click on the active one to de-activate it

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you then have to wait ten minutes to activate mastery again?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It wasn't the soulstones themselves..it was people stoning off skills but still having masteries active without the accompanying skill

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
smdh....

Seriously? o_O

Tell me this is some kind of trolling thread and they did not do this goofy stuff.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Then maybe they should have just found a way to fix that that isn't horribly inconvenient
Yepp...

ummm.. maybe even doing something as radical as adding a couple of lines of code to kill a mastery once the skill is no longer on the character.

Seems like a no brainer to me

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was the passive mastery that worked after they stoned off skills... Could not use active mastery skills.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Best part is... this doesnt seem to have fixed people who exploited this.
They still have a ton of passive masteries active on their souped up characters lol. Laughable.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Best part is... this doesnt seem to have fixed people who exploited this.
They still have a ton of passive masteries active on their souped up characters lol. Laughable.
I thought the patch notes said those are corrected each login.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was all that would have been needed.

Let's be real.... We're talking about UO here, leave it to the UO devs to go the "Extra Mile" in the wrong direction.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Probably just trolls then, but there have been some people who lol about still having the passives on. But my confidence with BS isnt high so Im inclined to believe these trolls atm.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm pretty sure it's fixed, except I have 1 character now that, everytime he gets poisoned, he gets a "you are not on the right path for this mastery" message. As if there's a mastery for *being* poisoned...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yepp...

ummm.. maybe even doing something as radical as adding a couple of lines of code to kill a mastery once the skill is no longer on the character.

Seems like a no brainer to me
No they are trying to keep the game consistent. Consistently poorly coded.

How about every time you walk into a dungeon or cross server lines? It sets your character back to base stats then adds in all your items. If that is mana increase or stamina increase or HP increase you go down then have to regen it back up. Nothing like being completely full in all three then walk into a dungeon and be 25% down because its from your items. This is just plan lazy coding.

Your character should keep its stats info and pass from server to server. If you want to recalc when you get to the server fine - but only impact the difference. IE if I come in with 100 HP check my base char with 90 hp and my items with 10hp and leave me at 100hp. Dont drop me to 90/90 then move me to 90/100 so i have to heal up. Its just so stupid I can't even begin to describe the thought process here. And to topi it off this has been an issue for YEARS. Literally YEARS and they do a 'bug publish' and something as universally impactful as this is not even considered. This happens to every character wearing stat boosting items on every single recall/dungeon entrance. C'mon man.

We are just all so used to it being so poorly designed we just get used to it. Thats the saddest part. Its just UO.

Darko

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now my worker had stuck in this bug , and i couldn't use mastery book to cancel it , it shows you need at least 90 skills to use this mastery.........

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now my worker had stuck in this bug , and i couldn't use mastery book to cancel it , it shows you need at least 90 skills to use this mastery.........
LOLOLOL they are going to need a bug fix patch to fix the bug fix patch. Seriously, do they even play the game.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOLOLOL they are going to need a bug fix patch to fix the bug fix patch. Seriously, do they even play the game.
Course not. It's so obvious they push those patches blind. I still remember when they pushed a EC update and you could not drag a single item after it... top QA... almost tested it once.. almost..

Sara D

Adventurer
I had the same problem, see a lower thread, I had to call a gm to come and turn it off. I had put all of my crafting skills but still had mastery archery on. It would have been nice if they had left well enough alone.
Call a gm to turn it off.

Wonder if they play the game?

klapios

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I had the same problem, see a lower thread, I had to call a gm to come and turn it off. I had put all of my crafting skills but still had mastery archery on. It would have been nice if they had left well enough alone.
Call a gm to turn it off.

Wonder if they play the game?
You can skip the GM if you have another mastery you are capable of using, you can switch to that new mastery and then deactivate the new one.