• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gargoyle Tamers with five slots pets and the ability to fly as fast as a person on a mount.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not that much of an advantage if any since many mounted pets can be level 5. I still havn't made a gargoyle. Their limitations on armor is just too much of a drawback for me personally.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Not that much of an advantage if any since many mounted pets can be level 5. I still havn't made a gargoyle. Their limitations on armor is just too much of a drawback for me personally.
Are you serious? Have you looked at Gargie armor recently? What are the limitations?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What nonsense is this?! The flying is one of the "advantages" of the Gargoyle race, why take that away? Also remove JoaT and strong back? The 20 mana and nightsight for elves? Or give all that to everyone? Races come with pros and cons, that is part of the game! Deal with it! Take Ninjitsu and run in mounted speed as a Wolf or Bake, for example, gets you an extra 20 HP as well!
Have you looked at Gargie armor recently? What are the limitations?
While we agree some parts can look VERY impressive (on the resists mainly), it is hard to find good earrings or neckslot in our experience. And several artifacts can't be used by Gargoyles we think? (But we ourselves are not that experienced yet in Gargoyle armour.)

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it really annoying that so many people including the OP don't seem to get that the very reason for introducing different races to UO is to have different approaches to the game. If every race were the same then there would be no need for different races in the first place. The same goes for skills and templates - if they all could do the same things then why even have variety to select from? All it comes down to is usually to weigh the advantages over the disadvatanges and see what works best for you. In this case:

Gargoyles get to use 5 slot pets and still move at mounted speed while the pet is deployed. The drawback is that they can't hop on their mountable pets to save them when in a pinch. Another drawback is that it is harder to good gargoyle suits, with some essential artifacts not even available for gargoyles.

Human and elf tamers can't have their 5 slot pets deployed and move at mounted speed unless they use high enough ninjitsu for at least llama form (that's around 80 to cast it somewhat reliably). To move with mounted speed they usually use 5 slot pets that are rideable, so getting anywhere unlike the OP claims does not put humans/elfs at a disadvantage, if anything it puts them at an advantage because they don't have to wait for their pets to navigate around obstacles since they're riding them. Now you could argue that mounted pets are not on par with unmountable pets - I have yet to see one non-rideable pet that will outdo any mountable pet. With the choice of lesser hiryus, cu sidhes, nightmares, firesteeds, unicorns, ki-rins, giant beetles, fire beetles you have some of the most important pets to build the way you want and be among the top damagers every time.
Also humans/elves have it much easier to suit up and can use all of the artifacts in the game.

So please Drakelord, take your whining elsewhere but don't make stupid requests when you clearly haven't put more than a second's thought into it.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another useless discussion.
90% of the unwinged are using ridable pets..5 slot
Only one of my 6 tamer is a garg.
Try to make a luck max armor.
Balakai staff cannot be used.
Forgot something
Garg cant tame cu's. You need a second tamer.
Garg have no nightsight, no 75 energy resist and a lot of more in exchange of flying.
And who Cares...there are more important problems in this game

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Because of the change with Pets also triggering spawn after Pub 100, we did the Roof as much as we reasonably could the past month, with 6 chars each time. One of them is a garg, and all drops he gets are Gargoyle versions. In our 4th run we had a Balakai staff on him, which as said is actually a Balakai wand lol.